Osteochondrosis - causes and symptoms of the disease - Cervical
December 3, 2013
- Osteochondrosis - Causes and symptoms
- Thoracic and lumbar
Symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
Symptoms of cervical spine are very diverse. Depending on the predominant involvement in the pathological process of various structures can be divided into three large groups of symptoms:
- radicular symptoms - neurological symptoms that arise from the direct effects of the intervertebral discs in the nerve roots, plexus, and nerves, that is, the peripheral nervous system; It manifested mainly pain;
- neurological symptoms that develop as a result of exposure to the spinal cord; manifested mainly motor disorders;
- symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
Cervical osteochondrosis - the lot of office workers
It is occurring in the brain: in its vessels, cranial nerves, membranes and structures hemispheres and brain stem; manifest vascular disorders.
Cervical osteochondrosis with radicular syndrome manifests itself in the form of pains of various kinds. It can be permanent or paroxysmal pain (cervical lumbago) character in the neck, muscle pain, pain in the shoulder, elbow and wrist joints, and chest pain (in the liver and heart).
Aching pain in the neck often occur for no apparent reason in the morning after sleep
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
and amplified in any awkward movement, including coughing, laughing, and so on. Sometimes these pains are constant.
Against this background (and sometimes in the absence of chronic pain), some patients have attacks of acute pain - "thunderbolt" or "electric shock". At the same time there is a sharp spasm of the neck muscles - it is impossible to turn the neck, patients kept his head slightly tilted forward and to the side.
Neurological complications of osteochondrosis - a shoulder-scapular periarthritis, and epicondylitis. Periarthritis of shoulder (correctly, periarthrosis) associated with degenerapivno-degenerative changes in the joint of shoulder arising from the compression of spinal nerves. Growing intensity pain in the joint while typically occur for no apparent reason, disturbing patients mainly at night. They give in the neck and arm, aggravated by abduction hands behind his back. Developing joint stiffness ("frozen shoulder") due to a reflex contraction of the muscles in this area, the shoulder on the affected side is pressed against the chest, the amount of shoulder abduction is sharply limited.
Epicondylitis - a pathological process in the elbow joint, inflammation epicondyle (projection in the lower part of the humerus). At the same time, pain during movement of the elbow. Gradually, they become permanent and strengthened in any, even minor stress hands, and during sleep.
If the infringement of vegetative fibers spinal nerves arise chest pain mimic heart pain
Pain in the heart - always consult a doctor
and pain in the right hypochondrium, simulating attacks cholecystitis.
With the defeat of the spinal cord at the cervical level and circulatory disturbance of the spinal cord, spinal osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis - learn how to properly distribute the weight
It manifested in the form of myelopathy - motor disorders: weakness in the hands, reducing muscle tone, reduce the amount of muscle, the appearance of fine muscle twitching. Circulatory disorders of spinal nerves appear as characteristic symptoms of radicular pain.
When squeezing the main artery carrying blood to the brain (of vertebral arteries), a number of symptoms, combined into a single vertebral artery syndrome. The main symptom in this case is the so-called cervical migraine: sudden severe headache (sometimes with one hand), starting at the nape and extended to the entire head and aggravated by head movements. In addition, there are often dizzy spells, sudden loss of consciousness, visual disturbances. Hearing, foreign body sensation in the throat.
If time does not heal the disease, the effects of osteochondrosis of the cervical may be severe. Neurological complications in the form of shoulder periarthritis, and epicondylitis may be complicated by vertebral artery syndrome, impaired memory and intellect.
Treatment of osteoarthritis - should be comprehensive - At home
November 10, 2013
- Treatment of osteoarthritis - should be comprehensive
- Drug therapy
- At home
How to treat low back pain at home
The principle of treatment is the same, to prescribe medication for the treatment of osteoarthritis of common action - medicinal solutions, tablets from degenerative disc disease, rectal suppositories (Diclofenac, ketorol, ibuprofen), as well as external medication for osteoarthritis of the same group, for example, Voltaren
Voltaren - relieve inflammation and pain
emulgel, cream ketorol osteoarthritis.
Applied and medicines from osteoarthritis for external use with different pharmaceutical properties. For example, ointments and gels with osteochondrosis, which include NSAIDs - Voltaren, ibuprofen, etc., Are used for local anesthesia.
Prescribers with a local irritant and analgesic finalgon, Menovazin. Finalgon osteochondrosis begins to act a few minutes and can significantly ease the pain. Menovazin osteochondrosis prevents the emergence of pain impulses in the sensory nerve endings and their holding of nerve fibers
The treatment of degenerative disc disease at home can be carried out by different methods. For example, local applications can help: 50% solution Dimexidum + 0, 5% solution of procaine 10 ml + 75 mg hydrocortisone - to moisten the gauze applied to the painful area for 10 minutes.
Houses can be carried out as the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the bank - leather back smeared with Vaseline
Vaseline: old friend
, Indents 3 cm from the spine at the site of pain puts the bank and move it up and down, without taking away from the skin for two to three minutes. Then the procedure was repeated on the other side.
Osteochondrosis Medicines for external use it and a pepper patch from degenerative disc disease - when overlaying the skin it can cause long-term evasive action. Available as patches, which include NSAIDs - they also possess analgesic properties.
No less important than the drugs are at an osteochondrosis and physiotherapy treatments that help to reduce the dose of drugs, and sometimes completely replace them. There are also devices for the treatment of degenerative disc disease, combining the effects of physical factors (electrophoresis, phonophoresis) the introduction into the body of drugs. Various physical therapy techniques have osteochondrosis different therapeutic effects:
- Amplipuls osteochondrosis (using sinusoidal modulated currents - SMT) - have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect; apparatus for the treatment of degenerative disc disease called "Amplipuls-4" and "5-Amplipuls";
- darsonval osteochondrosis (pulsed current of high frequency, high voltage and low power) - relieves pain, restores normal blood supply to the tissues of the spine, improves metabolism;
- Electrophoresis with osteochondrosis (introduction by means of electric current pharmaceutical solutions through intact skin) - treatment of osteoarthritis electrophoresis is used with the following medications Solution: Novocain, preparations bee venom, mummy; effects of drugs increases the effects of electric current; Electrophoresis osteochondrosis helps to relieve pain and spasm of the back muscles, improve blood circulation in the spine;
- ultrasound treatment of osteoarthritis - relieves pain, has anti-inflammatory and resolving action;
- laser treatment of degenerative disc disease - removes slack pain, improve local blood circulation, anti-inflammatory effect; especially effective laser treatment of degenerative disc disease in the stage of incomplete and complete remission - prevents the recurrence of the disease; Laser osteochondrosis is also effective in protrusions and hernias of the cervical spine;
- treatment "Vitaphone" osteochondrosis; vibroakkustichesky device for the treatment of degenerative disc disease "Vitaphone" is intended for home use, it helps to increase blood and lymph flow in the painful area, which in turn improves metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
tissues; this device for the treatment of degenerative disc disease characterized safety and ease of use.
In addition, in the treatment of degenerative disc disease apply physiotherapy, massage, reflexology
Reflexology - a policy of non-drug therapies
, Various types of braces. If conservative treatment does not help and the patient continues to bother a lot of pain, he performed surgery.
- Treatment of osteochondrosis