Classic symptoms of a heart attack are severe pain in the left side of the chest, sweating, and nausea. If you suspect a heart attack is not worth the risk, and you should immediately seek medical help.
Chest pain is usually described as a feeling of intense pressure, both outside and inside. In contrast, for example, angina, a heart attack the pain does not pass, if you sit or lie down. Heart pain can spread to the shoulders, arms, back, neck, jaw and teeth. Most often, but not necessarily, the pain during a heart attack is given in the left half of the body.
Another symptom of a heart attack is pain in the abdomen, which is often mistaken for heartburn. However, the usual means of heartburn in such pain, of course, does not help.
Shortness of breath or very difficult breathing and may be accompanied by a heart attack. It can occur before chest pain, even when you are at rest.
Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease?
- A symptom, which they say many patients who survived a heart attack. They describe it as a feeling of doom, that appears for a few days or hours before the attack, or the state, similar, to the one that precedes a panic attack
Panic attacks - fear of nowhere
. The causes of such symptoms are not clear, but if you are experiencing something similar, especially if you have risk factors for heart attack, it is strongly recommended to undergo a medical examination.
Dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting can also indicate a heart attack. Sometimes they are accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
In most cases, a heart attack begins with almost imperceptible symptoms, which typically only as discomfort instead of pain. Do not try to "endure" the symptoms of a heart attack for more than five minutes. Even with a slight discomfort in the area of the heart is better to seek medical help and be mistaken in their assumptions, than get help too late. If you are alone, call an ambulance immediately - because of a heart attack is always possible to pass out, the delay may be too risky. Waiting for the doctors take nitroglycerin and / or aspirin (unless contraindicated).
If you are near a person unconscious, the symptoms of a heart attack he may have perspiration on his forehead, pale, clammy sweat from the skin, bluish color of the lips and fingertips. Call an ambulance and make the patient cardiac massage.
Women's Heart Health
In women with heart problems occur in about seven to eight years later than in men. But, 65 years women face the risk of diseases as well as men. What is important, women are dying from a heart attack than men. African American, Spanish and Latin blood should be more concerned about the health of their hearts. Basically, because women with colored skin are prone to obesity, insufficient physical activity, and therefore a high risk that they may be high blood pressure and diabetes.
Not controllable risk factors include the following:
- Family genetics to early heart disease up to 60 years. Be careful if anyone in the family have a heart attack. If a brother or father had a heart attack before age 55, or sisters, or mother - to 60 years, then chances are high that you will have a heart attack.
- 55 years of age or older
- The period after menopause or after removal of the ovaries
Controllable risk factors:
- Obesity and a sedentary lifestyle - these are two of the most common risk factors faced by women after menopause. Regular exercise will help to cope with obesity and inactivity that is a significant risk factor for heart disease.
- Smoking: Smoking is a cause of heart attack in women younger than 45 years old. Smoking and the pill increased 20-fold risk of the disease.
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure is considered to be a fundamental cause of many heart diseases. If the blood pressure below 120/80 is considered normal, the high blood pressure 140/90 or higher can cause a heart attack.
- Cholesterol: Too high levels of low density lipoprotein (LDL) in the blood can lead to blood clotting in the arteries that can cause heart attack. All women over 20 years are advised to check cholesterol and triglyceride levels, at least once every three years. Total cholesterol should ideally be less than 200 mg / dl.
- Diabetes: The risk of heart disease in diabetic women increases 6 times. Diabetes - a disease of glucose metabolism, which greatly increases the risk of cardiovascular disease in women.
- Metabolic syndrome: It is common among women of post-menopausal period and may be diagnosed by the presence of the following properties, particularly obesity waist size greater than 35 inches, with triglyceride levels above 150 mg / dL, HDL holestrina less than 50 mg / dl glucose Fasting - 110 mg / dL or higher, and the value of blood pressure equal to or higher than 140 / 85. The exercise, diet and weight loss become mandatory for women to control metabolic process.
- Increased reactive protein C (CRP): It is a relatively new factor, which is more associated with women than with men. Elevated CRP levels indicate active inflammation in the blood vessels, which may lead to rupture of a coronary artery.
- Pregnancy complications such as hypertension, diabetes, or low weight at birth may increase the risk of premature cardiovascular disease and death in women.
- Recent studies have shown that hypothyroidism or thyroid low value, so that a common problem in women may be a factor for risk of heart disease.
Signs and symptoms of heart disease
A heart attack may occur suddenly and occur within hours, days or even weeks before the attack. Although heart disease has no symptoms, as such, yet there should be any signs. Men and women have chest pain, or arm or discomfort may indicate heart disease. The pain can be sharp or mild, it can last from a few minutes and come back again. Also, pain may be a potential signal for a heart attack.
When a woman comes angina
Angina - the consequences of the activity
That indicates a malfunction of the coronary artery, it is manifested as hot flushes, soreness when touched back, shoulder, wrist or jaw, but there was no pain in the chest. In the US, there is about two-thirds of deaths from heart attack in women, in these cases were not recorded.
In addition, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea and abnormal heartbeat, fatigue and feelings of fatigue - all symptoms of heart disease. If symptoms continue, see your doctor.
Women with a history of myocardial infarction or heart attack, behave somewhat differently from men. They have been vomiting, indigestion, shortness of breath and fatigue, but they do not complain of chest pain
Chest pain is one symptom - a lot of diseases
. Women undergo imperceptible myocardial infarction (MI) than men, and they are without clear symptoms may be diagnosed later, when will the next cardiac symptoms. It was evaluated in order that at the moment in the United States 8 million women are living with heart disease, and 4 million women suffer from angina.
Common symptoms of heart attack in men and women:
- The discomfort and pain in one or both arms, back, neck, jaw and stomach.
- Cold sweat.
- Dyspnea before or together with chest pain.
- Feeling pain in the stomach or vomiting.
- Feelings of fatigue
In addition, women express more common signs of a heart attack, what were referred to as "typical" symptoms. Here are some of them:
- Pain in the back, neck, or jaw
- Feeling weak
- Fluctuations in the diagnosis of heart or
How to survive a heart attack
It is unlikely that a woman will survive after a heart attack, as opposed to men. It is possible that she is not hoping for adequate treatment. Perhaps that y women and more small blood vessels, which can be easily damaged. These facts are a guarantee that women are beginning to look for preventive treatment of heart problems before the onset of the disease.
Experts are of the view that one of the two women die from heart disease or stroke, compared with one of twenty-five persons of women who die from cancer. In fact, doctors do not diagnose and do not treat women as intensely as men with heart failure, and the other inconveniences heart are different from the symptoms experienced by men who underwent heart beat.