- Treatment of gonorrhea - the consequences of self-confidence
- Among women
Antibiotic therapy - the main method of treatment of gonorrhea: a course of antibiotics can effectively suppress the symptoms of gonococcal infection. In rare cases, resistance to certain types of drugs for the treatment of gonorrhea are appointed by other, more powerful antibiotics. Treatment of gonorrhea with antibiotics should begin immediately after diagnosis.
Treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhea
For the treatment of gonococcal infections of the mucous membranes of the cervix, urethra or rectum recommend the following products:
- cefixime (the recommended dose is four milligrams orally)
- ceftriaxone (recommended dose is milligrams hundred twenty-five intramuscularly)
- Ciprofloxacin (recommended dose is five hundred milligrams orally)
- ofloxacin (the recommended dose is four milligrams orally, once)
- spectinomycin (recommended dose is two grams intramuscularly once).
Main drugs for the treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhea suppress the symptoms of the disease in seven ninety - ninety-nine percent of the cases. Spectinomycin - the most powerful antibiotics used to treat gonorrhea only in case of allergies to other drugs.
Fifty percent of gonorrhea complicated by Chlamydia trachomatis. This requires the simultaneous treatment of two diseases.
Treatment for gonococcal infection of the pharynx
Treatment for gonococcal infection of the pharynx harder than treating infections of the mucous membranes of the cervix, urethra or rectum. Although for the treatment of gonorrhea pharynx apply the same antibiotic drug, as for other types of treatment of gonorrhea, the effectiveness of such drugs is slightly lower and can suppress the symptoms of the disease less than ninety percent of cases. Efficiency spectinomycin, one of the most powerful antibiotics for the treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhea, in the treatment of gonococcal infections of the pharynx does not exceed fifty percent.
Treatment for gonococcal conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis in adults caused by gonorrhea - a rare phenomenon. The recommended treatment for such cases - a single intramuscular injection of one gram of ceftriaxone and rinsing with brine.
Treatment of gonorrhea complicated by sepsis (blood poisoning)
In some cases, gonorrhea
Gonorrhea - self-ruled
complicated by the development of sepsis (blood infection). For the treatment of these kinds of diseases requiring hospitalization. The procedure involves the treatment of intravenous ceftriaxone every twenty-four hours for two to three days to stabilize the patient's condition. Then for the final suppression of the symptoms of gonorrhea required course of a week the following drugs:
- cefixime (four milligrams twice a day)
- ciprofloxacin (five hundred milligrams twice a day)
- ofloxacin (four milligrams twice a day)
If gonorrhea with blood poisoning complicated by meningitis
Meningitis - an inflammation of the meninges
The first stage of treatment, involving a course of intravenous injection can last from ten to fourteen days. When endocarditis the duration of infusion therapy is a minimum of four weeks.
When an allergy to penicillin drugs group or cephalosporins to treat gonorrhea complicated by sepsis, we recommend the following products:
- ciprofloxacin (five hundred milligrams intravenously)
- ofloxacin (four milligrams intravenously)
- spectinomycin (intramuscularly two grams every twelve hours)
Treatment of gonorrhea in pregnant women
The procedure for treatment of gonorrhea among pregnant women is similar to the standard methods of treatment for gonorrhea - with the exception of a ban on antibiotics quinolone (including ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin), that disrupt the formation of DNA and can trigger the appearance of birth defects. When an allergy to ceftriaxone or cefixime for the treatment of gonorrhea in pregnant women is used spectinomycin (two grams intramuscularly once).
Side effects of treatment with antibiotics for gonorrhea
In some cases, the treatment of gonorrhea with antibiotics can be observed the phenomenon of resistance (the inability of the drug to destroy the pathogen). In particular, in the treatment of gonococcal develop resistance to the drugs group of penicillins and tetracyclines.
Like any other medication, antibiotics are prescribed to treat gonorrhea, can cause a number of side effects:
- All of the antibiotics used to treat gonorrhea in women can destroy not only harmful but also beneficial bacteria, thus violating the vaginal flora
The microflora of the vagina: purity
or intestine and increasing the risk of diarrhea, or vaginal infections.
- The most common side effect of antibiotics - a disorder of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Very frequent - an allergic reaction to the antibiotics used to treat gonorrhea (especially ceftriaxone and cefixime in women).
- Cephalosporins, ceftriaxone and cefixime can cause kidney damage.
- Quinolone antibiotics (such as ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin), in rare cases, disrupt the nervous system, causing headaches, dizziness,
Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet
, Convulsions. These drugs are not recommended for the treatment of gonorrhea in pregnant women.