Natural remedies to combat heartburn - without side effects - Prevention
April 5, 2009
- Natural remedies to combat heartburn - without the side effects
In the fight against high acidity, becoming the cause of heartburn, spent millions of dollars annually. Thus, according to research, only residents of the United States in the past year spent 942 million dollars for nonprescription drugs, and special medications to suppress acid - a record 13, $ 6 billion.
Meanwhile, the natural means to combat acidity heartburn and far more effective than most expensive medicines, and does not cause any side effects. Means against heartburn vary from common household products to changing diet and lifestyle.
- Pineapple - one of the most effective ways to combat acidity: this fruit is rich in enzymes, specific proteins, improves digestion and softening the inflammatory processes. Furthermore, enzymes accelerate healing processes. Help, however, only fresh pineapple - but can be preserved, on the contrary, only worsen the condition.
- Herbal tea helps both heartburn and a heart burning, which is often confused with it. Relief brings herbal blend of mint, lavender
The healing properties of lavender - not only pleasant aroma
Anise with honey.
- Cinnamon - an effective antiseptic and an antacid (antacids). Bread with raisins, cinnamon and cardamom, carefully and slowly chews bring needed relief.
- Another effective means to combat heartburn - grapefruit, or rather, its rind. Cleaned and dried peel will help with any discomfort associated with acidity - and heartburn, and burning.
- Chicory - not just a plant whose leaves are added vegetable salad spicy bitterness, but also a source of substances that help to effectively neutralize the acid. Half a cup of crushed chicory root need to boil for 10 minutes, then cool and drink the resulting broth.
- Helps to combat heartburn apple cider vinegar and aloe juice
Aloe - its amazing healing properties
faith, which is used in Europe as a sedative for an irritated nerve endings of the esophagus.
- Similarly, the action is different and ginger
Ginger and the most unexpected, but pleasant useful properties
He relaxes the muscles of the walls of the esophagus, facilitating the normalization of digestion. You can use both fresh and candied ginger.
- Fennel seeds
Dill: benefits and harms of fragrant spices
- Not only the fragrant spices, but also an effective remedy for heartburn: half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after meals to help cope with the discomfort in the digestive tract.
- Coping with heartburn, when you do not have any medicine, can help the milk, water, dilute the gastric acid, carrot juice, restoring normal levels of acidity, the coconut milk.
There are some simple and effective rules, how to prevent heartburn and other unpleasant consequences of a breach of acidity.
Excess weight - one of the risk factors contributing to the appearance of heartburn. If heartburn has become a permanent feature, you should reduce the amount of food consumed, never lie down immediately after eating, and use exercise to get rid of excess kilos.
Never drink plenty of water or any other liquids during meals: water dilutes necessary for digestion gastric acid, disrupting the process of digestion. It is better to drink one or two glasses of water for half an hour or an hour before or after a meal.
People suffering from frequent bouts of heartburn, it is better to give up fried foods, foods high in fat, smoking, as well as fruits and vegetables with a high content of vegetable acids - such as oranges or tomatoes. Such products, although not directly cause heartburn, can cause irritation of the inflamed esophagus.
Contribute to the emergence of heartburn and frequent intense exercise - so you should never have just before exercise.
Natural remedies help to quickly and effectively get rid of the discomfort caused by heartburn. In a situation of rare and minor bouts of heartburn natural remedies preferable to many medications. However, by itself heartburn can be a symptom of a more serious disease - and thus in the case of constant heartburn attacks is necessary to address to the doctor.
Diarrhea (diarrhea), - the usual trouble - What causes?
May 7, 2007
- Diarrhea (diarrhea) - a familiar nuisance
- What causes?
What causes diarrhea?
Diarrhea develops due to disruption of the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, speed up the digestive process, which leads to a dilution of stool and frequent bowel movements.
Diarrhea is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection and food poisoning. In most cases of diarrhea pathogens are bacteria Escherichia coli and Salmonella, which are contained in contaminated food and water. Diarrhea, caused by bacterial infection often occurs in tourists visiting exotic countries, so it is also sometimes called "tourist diarrhea". Diarrhea can also cause herpes simplex viruses
Herpes simplex - in fact, not so simple
Furthermore, diarrhea can be caused by certain drugs, such as antibiotics
Antibiotics - whether they will help you in the foreseeable future?
Laxatives, alcohol poisoning or alcohol, spicy food, and eating plenty of fruits - these common causes of diarrhea.
In some cases, diarrhea can be a response to stress. This is due to the fact that in times of stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
in the blood to a lot of adrenaline, which speeds up all processes in the body, including the digestive.
Can you get diarrhea?
The unhygienic conditions, sometimes you can catch a diarrhea of bacterial or viral origin, for example, if a patient with diarrhea preparing food for others without washing hands after using the toilet. Therefore, it is important to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after using the toilet and before preparing food.
What are the symptoms of diarrhea?
The main symptom is diarrhea - liquid consistency and frequency of abnormal defecation. Diarrhea is often accompanied by loss of appetite, sharp pains in the stomach, bloating, nausea and vomiting. Accompanying diarrhea, dehydration can be very dangerous for children and the elderly. Symptoms of dehydration: constant thirst, dry skin, dark urine, dizziness
Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet
If diarrhea does not stop within 2-3 days, it can be a manifestation of latent chronic diseases, in particular:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (spastic colitis)
- Some types of colorectal cancer
- Crohn's disease
- Celiac disease
Seek immediate medical attention if symptoms persist for a long time, and in the faeces visible blood and mucus.
How to prevent diarrhea?
To avoid diarrhea, always follow these guidelines:
- Wash your hands with soap and water re eating and after using the toilet
- Do not drink water from the tap, especially in an unfamiliar area. Try to drink only boiled or mineral water.
- Do not abuse alcohol
- Do not eat too much food containing fiber, such as fruits (especially dirty)