Tooth filling - do not fear the dentist - Machinery and types
July 30, 2009
- Tooth filling - do not fear the dentist
- Machinery and types
In some cases, a tooth filling
Treat Tooth best spots in the stage, then it may not even need filling. Filling is usually required at the stage of surface caries cases, treatment is surface preparation cavities (dissection) and fillings. Cavities thus deepens to dentin.
With an average caries preparation produced using insulating gaskets, which helps prevent infection in the soft tissue of the tooth, and then seal up the tooth.
Filling of deep caries require anesthesia because the soft tissue of the tooth containing nerves. If you suspect that the infection has penetrated into the soft tissue of the tooth (pulp) is applied to the tooth temporary seals which are mounted on one or two weeks. If the pain in the tooth is not present, temporary filling replaced by a constant.
Technique dental fillings
The first step in dental fillings is a preparation (preparation of the tooth), which consists in treating the tooth with the help of special tools - hog expansion cavity and removal of decayed
More about caries - take care of your teeth until it's too late
After preparation preparing the filling material fills them prepared carious cavity in which the filling material is sealed with dental instruments, carefully isolating the tooth from moisture. After filling has hardened, it is carried out resurfacing (to its height does not exceed the height of the natural tooth, and does not interfere with the bite), polishing and Finishing (seal surface becomes smooth and it does not stay on soft plaque).
Types of filling materials
Currently, there are a lot of filling materials of different purposes (temporary sealing, filling materials for root canal filling, constant).
Temporary filling materials are used when it is impossible to seal the tooth immediately. In such cases, they are used as a dressing for covering medicines placed in a cavity. The cushioning filling materials are used as medical pads
Feminine pads - talk about wings
to cover the soft tissue of the tooth with deep caries
Deep caries: the consequences of irresponsibility
. As filling materials for root canal filling using special cements, pastes based on epoxy resins, special (silver or plastic) pins.
Filling materials for permanent fillings
By filling materials for the permanent seals include cements, composites, filling materials based on plastics, amalgam and compomers.
- Cements are powder containing zinc oxide (provides adhesion or stickiness), silicon (shine), aluminum (gives strength), magnesium (making a plastic material) and calcium (beneficial effects on dental tissue), which is diluted with a special liquid. Cements differ significantly limited solubility and adhesion, but simply to cook, which, combined with low cost, allow them to find applications so far.
- Composite materials (composites) - a mixture of solid particles suspended in a binder matrix. They are divided into three classes: makrofily (contain large particles, which gives them strength, but deprives the necessary adhesion) mikrofily (containing particles of small size, which makes them a good adhesion and polishing properties, but reduces the strength) and hybrids (containing large and small particles, are widely used for all kinds of filling and restoration work). By way of curing composites subdivided into chemically curing (using different materials) and light-curing.
- Plastic filling materials have good strength, adhesion and the ability to choose the desired color. But they adversely affect the soft dental tissues, have a considerable shrinkage and may lose its color.
- Amalgam - one of the earliest of filling materials, metal compounds of mercury, they are reliable and durable filling materials. In its composition they contain silver, copper, tin, have the unquestionable advantage as strength, so they still are in use.
- Compomers - materials that combine the properties of the hybrid composite and one of the types of cement. Compomers have high strength, good adhesion, a biologically compatible tooth contribute fluorine accumulation in the tissues of the tooth. Today it is the best filling materials.
Teeth should be sealed in time for that in our time have all the necessary arsenal.
Pulpit: what to do to not get on the table of the surgeon? - Causes
May 18, 2008
- Pulpit: what to do to not get on the table of the surgeon?
From what may pulpit
- infection can fall into the cavity of the pulp and cause inflammation;
- the infection can travel from the gingival pockets; gingival pockets often formed by deposition of tartar
Plaque - why it should be removed?
between the gum and tooth, with indentations accumulates in infection and inflammation begins;
- inflammation of the pulp may start from the effects of potent chemical stimuli (drugs, filling materials);
- after mechanical damage of the tooth;
- after overheating when treating the tooth (preparation for a crown without special cooling), which can cause burns pulp.
What are pulpitis
Pulpitis may occur suddenly and occur acutely in the form of a limited inflammation of the pulp (focal pulp) or with the defeat of the entire pulp (diffuse pulpitis). But sometimes there is an inflammatory process occurs slowly and not very sharp, then fading, then worsened. These are called chronic pulpitis. Chronic pulpitis may be fibrous, hypertrophic and gangrenous.
Signs of acute pulpitis
- arising by themselves (with nothing related) pain;
- paroxysmal pain alternating with periods of pain painless;
- the occurrence of prolonged pain from exposure to various stimuli that continue after the removal of the stimuli;
- increased pain at night.
Inflammation usually begins with a limited portion of the pulp, but if the pain kept more than two days, it is a sign that began diffuse inflammation. Sometimes acute inflammation becomes chronic and occur in waves, the sharpening, the fading ..
Treatment of acute pulpitis
Method of vital and non-vital amputation. With these methods, the pulp is removed, which is under the crown. Vital amputation carried out under a special anesthesia devital - after the application of those who kill the pulp (devitaliziruyuschih) drugs, such as arsenic, then the procedure becomes painless. Then, a tooth filling.
Method of vital and non-vital extirpation. The techniques are the same, but held the complete removal of all pulp root canal filling. These methods are used in preparing the tooth for an artificial crown.
The biological method. This method of preserving full pulp, in which the treatment is carried out under anesthesia pulp antibiotics
Antibiotics - whether they will help you in the foreseeable future?
, Special cleansing agents (enzymes), followed by bandaging with curative dental materials. After pulpit removed, the tooth is sealed.
Chronic fibrous pulpitis
This kind of pulpit occurs in the transition of acute inflammation in chronic. Initially, there is an acute pain in the tooth, and then it fades occur periodically from a variety of stimuli, including cold air inhalation. But it may not be pain. In the area of the tooth at the same time often reveals a deep carious cavity, passing into the tooth cavity.
Treatment of chronic fibrous pulpitis is the same as the treatment of acute pulpitis.
Chronic gangrenous pulpitis
If you do not pay attention to the long flowing fibrous pulpitis, he can go to the gangrenous form. In the cavity under the influence of putrid infection pulp splits and there lengthy aching from a variety of stimuli, aggravated by hot. It appears putrid smell in the tooth pulp shine dirty gray.
Treatment of gangrenous pulpitis - vital (under anesthesia) hysterectomy (complete removal of the pulp).
Chronic hypertrophic pulpitis
This kind of pulpit and develops from chronic fibrous pulpitis. This pulp tissue grows and fills a cavity, causing severe pain at various influences (chewing, cold, hot, sour, sweet, salty) and bleeding.
Hypertrophic pulpitis treated by means of the complete removal of the pulp (vital and non-vital extirpation).
What should you do if you suspect pulpit:
- remove from the cavity food waste;
- rinse your mouth, you will need to remember that if there is pus in the tooth, then rinse with warm water will reduce the pain, and if there is pus, the best fit cold water;
- enter into a cavity a cotton ball with a drug having analgesic (analgin, aspirin);
- take pain medicine inside (analgin, pentalgin et al.);
- urgently go to the dentist.