- The intestines during pregnancy - potential problems and their solutions
- Bowel function
The intestine is an important organ of the person and perform the functions necessary for normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract:
- absorptive function - is absorption of vitamins and amino acids, which develop intestinal microorganisms;
- excretory function - bowel wall secrete some enzymes and juices;
- evacuation function - removal of intestinal decay products resulting from digestion (defecation).
Main bacteria - Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, which are formed on the surface of the intestinal mucosa protective film. Also included in the composition of microflora of E. coli, due to its enteric synthesized nine vitamins (B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, folic acid
Folic acid - the value is hard to overestimate
, Biotin, nicotinic acid). Intestinal microflora carries out the breakdown of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, regulates the absorption of water and nutrients, as well as the motility of the digestive tract. Also, intestinal microflora helps the absorption of iron and affects the autonomic nervous system.
Features of the intestine during pregnancy
Pregnancy affects the operation of all organs, including the intestines:
- pregnant uterus compresses the intestine, partially disrupting blood flow in the vessels of the small pelvis, peristalsis becomes sluggish, lazy;
- pregnant uterus presses on the rectum;
- the body produces special substances which stimulate the intestines, but during pregnancy the ability to respond to these "stimulants" is reduced, as the uterus and intestines have a common innervation, and excessive activity of the latter may cause hypertonicity of the uterus and the threat of interruption;
Progesterone - norm and pathology
(pregnancy hormone) relaxing effect on the uterus by grabbing and intestines, resulting in reduced peristaltivnye movement;
- often pregnant prescribers iron, sedatives and antispasmodics, which also reduces intestinal motility;
- Pregnant women are prone to anxiety and tearfulness, any event for them - stress, which also activates the activity of the intestine.
Due to the nature of the bowel that occur during pregnancy may show the following diseases:
- intestinal dysbiosis.
Each person has his own rhythm of bowel movements. Some it three times a week, and someone twice daily. But pregnant women peristalsis weakened and having constipation.
- increasing the intervals between acts of defecation;
- forced straining;
- lack of regular bowel movement, a feeling of "partial exemption";
- in severe cases: coated tongue, bad breath, headaches and muscle pain, drowsiness, heaviness in the abdomen, bloating, pain and rumbling, loss of appetite, isolation, irritability;
- if left untreated, constipation can lead to intestinal obstruction.
Treatment of constipation in pregnancy
Treatment should be individualized and only under medical supervision
. In no case the problem is not worth ride itself or treated
. First of all it is necessary to revise and correct diet
. The food should be plenty of fresh or lightly-cooked vegetables and fruits
. You can and should eat pumpkin, turnips, cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, red currant, watermelon - they soften stool
. You can use fitosborov constipation
. Well help apricots and prunes
. It's enough to make hot water for the night of 3-5 pieces of dried fruit, and in the morning on an empty stomach, eat them
. It is important to drink plenty of fluids
. You need to eat 4-5 times a day in small portions
. You can not make big breaks in eating and overeating
. Salads is desirable to refuel vegetable oil
. Increased motor activity, special gymnastics to help remove intestinal constipation
. Do not use laxatives, such as bisacodyl, senna, regulaks
. Enemas are contraindicated during pregnancy
Hemorrhoids - is varicose veins in the anus. Stagnation of blood in the veins is because increased intra-abdominal pressure or direct pressure on the uterine muscle rectum. Manifested hemorrhoids burning in the anus, streaks of blood in the stool, and bleeding. In pregnancy for the treatment of hemorrhoids can be used candles "Anuzol" and "anesthetic." It is important to avoid prolonged standing and sitting, and sleep better on the left side. After each defecation wash anus.
Intestinal dysbiosis - a disruption of quantitative and qualitative composition of microflora, thereby creating an environment conducive to the development of pathogens (staphylococci, streptococci, Proteus, etc.). The clinical picture nespetsefichna, the symptoms may be different. These include: bloating, diarrhea or constipation, belching
Belching: why it happens and that means
, Unpleasant taste in the mouth, heartburn, stomach pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
Who are allergic to conventional products, a slight fever. Treatment of dysbiosis but dieting involves probiotics, stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria and live beneficial microorganisms (Linex, bifikol, bifidobakterin).