- Pregnancy after cesarean section - the second operation is inevitable?
- Observation of pregnant women with a uterine scar
Observation of pregnant women with a uterine scar
Women who have had a caesarean section, refer to the high-risk pregnancy and childbirth. Seeing these women in antenatal clinics should be more in-depth and expanded. It includes not only more frequent visits to the doctor, but also additional methods of examination. For example, ultrasound of the fetus and the uterus is held not three times during pregnancy, and more particularly in the last few weeks before delivery, in order to clarify the situation, presentation of the fetus and assess the consistency of the scar.
Also, pregnant women are appointed preventative courses of vitamins, muscle relaxants to prevent the syndrome of intrauterine growth retardation. This is due to the fact that the placenta is used to attach to the rumen, and consequently, the child will not be able to obtain the necessary substances in the right amount. A doctor at each visit the patient spends palpation of the scar, find out whether the softening, seals or soreness in the rumen. Every woman should be a danger of complications and not to abuse the exercise, heavy lifting, and sharp movements. Better not be ashamed to seek help from a passerby or neighbor, for example, to bring a heavy bag to the apartment than for a long time to be in the maternity hospital.
The issue of independent labor is decided in each case individually and just in the last days of pregnancy.
In Russia, the independent birth after cesarean is still rare, and they are held in a hospital equipped with the necessary equipment for fetal cardiac monitoring and clock duty of the operating team. At the slightest deviation from the normal course of labor issue is resolved in favor of cesarean section.
Indications independent childbirth after cesarean
- Full Term Pregnancy
- The only cesarean section in the lower segment of the uterus
- Postoperative period without septic complications
- Wealthy scar on the uterus
- Normal fetal weight, not more than 3600 grams
- Localization of the placenta is the scar and the absence of placenta previa
- The absence of the "old" indications for cesarean section
Indications for repeat cesarean delivery
- The presence of absolute indications that led to the first cesarean section
- The longitudinal scar on the uterus
- Predominance not muscle, and connective tissue in the rumen
- The categorical refusal of the independent women giving birth
- The presence of two or more cesareans history
- Localization of the placenta over the scar
In determining the possibility of independent genera are recorded
- The findings of uterine scar over time (before pregnancy and during)
- Data on past operations on the pelvic organs
- Number of pregnancies between cesarean section and present pregnancies and their outcomes
- During the current pregnancy (absence of preeclampsia, anemia
Anemia - when you do not have enough blood
- The period between caesarean section and the upcoming birth
Advantages of spontaneous labor after cesarean
- No risk of postoperative complications
- Rapid recovery of the mother's body and more early discharge
- Reducing the risk of complications for the baby
- Repeated cesarean section increases the risk of bleeding hypotonic
Thus, cesarean section is not a trivial operation, and the presence of its history leaves its mark on the course of each new pregnancy. Therefore, every woman, who has survived the operation, should be carefully to their health, remember to contraception and pregnancy planning.