Cystitis - a very common disease, which at least once in a lifetime encounters almost half of women. The infection does not always noticeable symptoms, but it can be detected using a urine analysis. Pregnant women are particularly susceptible to cystitis, moreover, one of three cases of relapse, whereas in nonpregnant women it might be much less. What is cystitis and how to treat it?
Cystitis - a bacterial infection of the urinary tract, inflammatory diseases, often observed during pregnancy when the immune system is weakened. Very often the symptoms of cystitis
Cystitis - symptoms: spasms, cramps and discomfort
observed in early pregnancy - from the sixth week of pregnancy and ending the twenty-fourth week.
The incidence of cystitis during pregnancy due, primarily, natural changes through which a woman's body. With the gradual development of the fetus uterine size increases, and consequently, increased pressure on the bladder - which, ultimately, is the main factor that increases the risk of cystitis.
Types of cystitis
The most common type of cystitis - an infection of the bladder, which is accompanied by inflammation. It occurs in both men and women, but mostly women, because of the peculiarities of the structure of their body they are most susceptible to this disease. Bacteria causing cystitis, can penetrate into the urethra, and then to the bladder, from the intestines, if not respected the rules of hygiene, as well as during intercourse. In addition, burning during urination can be caused by perfumed soap and other cosmetics.
Often, when released into the bladder the bacteria do not cause any symptoms and will soon die.
Pregnant women are more likely to experience symptoms of cystitis, because their immune system is weakened. From the perspective of the child immunity may be a foreign body (sometimes the same "alien" are the thyroid gland
The thyroid gland - is responsible for your hormones
and other bodies and developing autoimmune diseases). Since all the alien's immune system tends to attack and expel from the body to reduce the chance of miscarriage
Miscarriage - can you protect yourself from it?
Hormones during pregnancy weaken it, protecting thus the child's body and making women more vulnerable to various diseases. That is why during pregnancy increases the likelihood of developing cystitis, as well as the likelihood of recurrence of the disease.
Symptoms of cystitis during pregnancy
Cystitis The development may be followed by one or more characteristic symptoms, including:
- Pain or discomfort when urinating
- Increased urination
- Blood or mucus in the urine
- Spasmodic pains in the abdomen
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Chills or fever, sweating, urinary incontinence
- Changing the amount of urine
- The appearance of an unpleasant, pungent smell of urine, change in urine color
- Pain, increased sensitivity or pressure in the bladder
- In rare cases where bacterial infection provoked symptoms of cystitis, extends to the kidneys, there may be symptoms such as pain in the lower back, fever, nausea and vomiting.
Harmful if cystitis during pregnancy?
Inadequate treatment can lead to the rapid spread of a bacterial infection, cystitis provoked, to other organs - often the bladder and kidneys. Kidney infection during pregnancy is very dangerous, because they increase the risk of preterm delivery and premature baby. If cystitis treated in time and properly, no danger to the child's disease can not be held.
Treatment and prevention
Most often seen in cystitis pain and a burning sensation during urination, and urination becomes more frequent than usual.
To confirm the diagnosis usually requires a standard urine test, and the main method of treatment of cystitis, even during pregnancy, there is a course of antibiotics. Course duration can range from three to seven days. For the treatment of cystitis during pregnancy are recommended special drugs relatively safe for a pregnant woman and a child. It is recommended to seek medical attention if after three days of regular intake of antibiotics in accordance with the instructions of cystitis symptoms persist or worsen.
Cystitis: urgently take action
Pregnancy is not turned into a painful problem, follow the simple prevention of urinary tract infections:
- Drink six to eight glasses of fluid a regular basis (a great help in the prevention of cystitis and other infections of the genitourinary system - the usual cranberry juice)
- Limit the amount of alcohol, caffeine, sugar, refined foods in the diet
- To speed up the treatment of cystitis and to prevent complications, take vitamin C (the recommended dose - from two hundred fifty to five hundred milligrams per day), beta-carotene, zinc
- Carefully observe good personal hygiene, to completely empty the bladder during urination
- Give up the funds for personal hygiene, which can disrupt the microflora - soaps, deodorants, powders, douches
- Daily change underwear
- Avoid too close, tight underwear and underwear made of synthetic materials.
- Pay great attention to genital hygiene, especially before intercourse; Avoid soaps and other means of leaving the perfumed additives
- Do not have sex when your bladder is full
- Go to the toilet immediately when a need not suffer
- Do not use colored toilet paper
- Try not to overwork
- Limit your intake of sugary foods and eat bioyoghurts
For the treatment of cystitis, as a rule, appointed a seven-day course of antibiotics. By itself, cystitis is not dangerous to the fetus, but if left untreated, it can cause an infection of the kidneys that may jeopardize the health of both the future of the baby and its mother. Symptoms of cystitis may disappear within a day after the start of antibiotics, but this is no reason not to take the remaining tablets. Today, there are antibiotics, safe for the fetus, pregnant women and prescribe only those drugs. If after treatment the symptoms will pass, or if deterioration occurs, it is necessary as soon as possible to see a doctor. You may need to take a different antibiotic, because the causative bacteria of cystitis may be resistant to certain medicines.
Despite the fact that expectant mothers usually try to avoid taking medications, keep in mind that antibiotics are in any way harm your child and you significantly less than the possible complications of untreated cystitis.