- Antihistamines: how to neutralize the negative effects of histamine?
- Blockers of histamine H2-receptor
- Nizatidine and ranitidine
- Side effects when taking H2-blockers of histamine receptors
- Antagonists of histamine H2 receptor
Blockers of histamine H2-receptor
Histamine H2-receptor, also known as H2-histamine blockers, used for the treatment and prevention of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer. Histamine H2 receptor is also used to treat certain other conditions, such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, in which the stomach produces too much acid. In the OTC concentration of histamine H2-receptor used for the treatment and prevention of heartburn, acid indigestion and indigestion. Histamine H2 receptor is also used to treat other diseases in accordance with the instructions of the doctor.
Step H2 histamine blockers is based on inhibition of acid production in the stomach.
The pharmacy H2 histamine blockers are released both OTC and on prescription.
Once a drug has been approved for the treatment of certain diseases, in its application may find that it is also effective in cases not provided for initially.
H2-histamine blockers used in the following cases not specified in the insert preparation:
- in case of damage the stomach and intestines due to stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
- when rash;
- pancreatic diseases;
- ulcerative lesions of the stomach and intestines, caused by drug intake from rheumatoid arthritis
The drug exists in the following dosage forms:
- powder for suspension;
- solution for injection;
- chewable tablets;
- dissolving tablets;
- means for injection;
- Powder for solution;
- a suspension;
- capsules filled with liquid;
- effervescent tablets;
Tell your doctor if you experience unusual or allergic reaction to medicines in this group or any other medicines. Also tell any other types of allergies, for example, chemical dyes, preservatives, animal dander. When using OTC carefully read the information on the ingredients.
Use in children
The preparation was tested for use in children and in effective doses have no side effects and does not cause a problem, which is possible in adults with the application in a short period of time.
Use in the elderly
Elderly patients, who tend to be more sensitive to the effects of H2-histamine blockers than younger people, perhaps confusion and dizziness.
The use of H2-histamine blockers in pregnant women has not been studied. Animal studies have shown that famotidine and ranitidine did not cause birth defects or other problems in newborns. However, one study in rats provide evidence to suggest that cimetidine can affect the sexual development of males. More research is needed to confirm this hypothesis. In addition, studies in rabbits using very high doses of the drug have shown that nizatidine cause miscarriages and birth of babies with low birth weight. Be sure to tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before taking H2 histamine blockers.
Use in breast-feeding
Cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine, and ranitidine come into breast milk and may cause unwanted effects, such as reduction of gastric acid secretion and increase the excitability of the child. Therefore, when lactation is recommended to replace the drug by another drug or stop breast-feeding during treatment. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Interaction with other drugs
Although some medications should not be used together in some cases, two different drug combinations may be used, despite their ability to communicate. In these cases, the doctor may change the dose or use other measures. Be sure to tell your doctor if you are taking any of the medicines listed below. These drugs are selected based on the relevance of their interaction with the H2-histamine blockers; this list of interactions is not complete.
The use of drugs of this class with any of the following drugs is not recommended. The attending physician may revoke the appointment of the drug in this class or change some other medicines that you take.
The use of drugs of this class with any of the following drugs is not recommended, but in some cases it may be necessary. Then the physician may adjust the dose of one or both drugs or the time of their admission.
- Liposomes morphine sulfate;
Some medications should not be taken before, during or after a meal, as it may affect their action. Also, in order to avoid unwanted interaction should not take drugs with certain foods. In particular, alcohol and nicotine, interact with some drugs. Discuss with your doctor the interaction of the drug with food, alcohol and nicotine.
Other diseases and disorders
The presence of other diseases and disorders can affect the use of drugs in this class. Be sure to tell your doctor about all existing health problems, in particular:
- renal insufficiency;
- liver failure - H2 histamine blockers can accumulate in the blood, which can increase the risk of side effects.
- phenylketonuria (PKU) - Some H2 histamine blockers contain aspartame. In the body, aspartame is converted to phenylalanine, so phenylketonuria patients should take the H2 histamine blockers with caution. Chewable tablets contain famotidine pepsid AC 1, 4 milligrams of phenylalanine (10 mg dose). Soluble tablet containing famotidine pepsid RPD 1, 05 milligrams of phenylalanine (20 mg per dose). Effervescent tablets containing ranitidine zantak 2, 81 milligrams of phenylalanine per dose of 25 milligrams and 16 milligrams of phenylalanine 84 to 150 milligrams per dose.
- porphyria (a rare hereditary disease caused by metabolic disorders of the decay products (porphyrins) hemoglobin) - the drug can provoke deterioration of patients with acute porphyria.
- a weakened immune system (inability to overcome infection) - decrease of gastric acid secretion induced by H2-histamine blockers may promote certain types of infections.
For patients taking the drug at a concentration of OTC heartburn, acid indigestion and upset stomach:
- Do not take the maximum daily dose of the drug continuously for more than 2 weeks without the direct guidance of the doctor.
- If you have difficulty swallowing or persistent abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
, Contact a doctor immediately. This may indicate a serious illness that requires a different treatment.
For patients taking the drug on prescription to eliminate more serious problems:
- One dose a day, take medication at bedtime if it does not contradict the doctor's instructions.
- Two doses per day: take one dose in the morning and one at night.
- Multiple doses per day, take medication with meals and at bedtime
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
for maximum effect.
Analgesic effect of the drug can occur in just a few days. To enhance the effect of H2-histamine blockers and relieve pain in the stomach, it is recommended to take antacids if it does not contradict the doctor's instructions. Between taking H2-histamine blockers and antacids should be at least a half-hour period. Do not stop taking the drug until after the full course of treatment, even after the appearance of improvements. In addition, throughout the course of treatment should regularly visit the doctor and undergo inspection in due time to stop taking drugs.
For patients taking famotidine chewable tablets in:
- Thoroughly chew the tablets before swallowing.
- For patients taking famotidine in dissolving tablets:
- Take the tablets with dry hands.
- Keep tablets in unopened package until they are used, then open the bag and take out the pills.
- Immediately place the tablet on the tongue.
The tablet dissolves in seconds, after which you can swallow it with saliva. You do not need to drink water
How to drink water to lose weight
or other liquid to swallow pills.
For patients receiving ranitidine effervescent tablets:
- Does not chew the tablet, swallow them entirely or after they dissolve on the tongue.
- Before use, remove the wrapper and dissolve tablet (150 mg) in a water glass.
For infants and children:
dissolve tablet (25 mg) at least 5 milliliters (1 teaspoon) of water in the dosing cup. Wait until the tablet is completely dissolved, and only this, let your child resulting solution (via pipette, or pacifier). The dosage of the drug, discuss with your doctor.
The dosage of drugs in this class is different for different patients. Follow the doctor's prescription or medication instructions on the insert. The following are only average dosing regimen. If you assigned the dosage is different from the specified below, do not change it without the express prescription.
The recommended dosage of the drug depends on its concentration. Furthermore, the number of daily doses, the time interval between doses of the drug, duration of treatment depend on the disease or disorder that is fixed taking the drug.