Hair loss - the distress signal
August 19, 2013
- Hair loss - the distress signal
For most women, the hair - an important part of their way, and even personality. They choose high-quality shampoos, care and styling, experimenting with hairstyles and hair color. And watch helplessly as the hair becomes less - painful ordeal. Fortunately, there are various ways to treat hair loss in women.
Your hair is fine and rare? You're not alone - about 30 million American women in their lifetime suffer from hair loss in 40% of the problem appears to forty years. But this does not mean that the deal with the problem is hopeless. Given that this is a common problem, there are many different ways to deal with it.
Contrary to popular belief, hair loss in women - not the same problem as male pattern baldness. In women, the hair falls out for several reasons:
- Hormonal imbalance. Male sex hormones - testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) - a common cause of hair loss. They cause compression of the hair follicles, from this existing hair to fall out. A new hair can grow much more slowly, or not at all to grow and may die follicles themselves with an excess of DHT. Hair can fall out and other hormonal problems such as polycystic ovary syndrome. In some cases, hair loss may be the only visible sign of the disease.
- Chemical exposure. Hair coloring, perming or straightening can cause hair loss.
- Medications. Some medications can contribute to hair loss, including drugs for gout, arthritis, depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
, Heart problems, and pressure. Chemotherapy and steroids may also lead to this.
- Disease. Diseases such as diabetes, lupus, and thyroid disease may cause hair loss.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals. Iron deficiency, essential fatty acids, vitamin B12 and zinc can cause hair loss. To keep healthy, thick hair, you should eat eggs, meat, nuts, broccoli. Or you can take supplements. Biotin is of particular importance in order to place the separated on growth of new hair.
As the hair grows
In the life cycle of hair distinguish the following phases:
- Phase of growth or anagen: 85-90% of scalp hair in the growth phase. Typically, the hair is in this phase, two years or more.
- The transitional phase, or catagen: 1-2% of hairs are in this phase - it usually lasts a few weeks.
- Resting phase or telogen: usually the hair falls out during this phase, which lasts about three months. 10-14% of hairs are in this phase.
In the normal state, when the hair falls out of the follicle, the new begins to grow in its place, and the cycle begins anew. Such a "schedule" ensures that the color will always be the hair. However, when the follicles are damaged, the growth cycle is disturbed and hair becomes less. Furthermore, if a high percentage of hair follicles are in the resting phase of hair it seems smaller.
Hair loss in men and women
There are several key differences between the ox loss in men and women:
- Location. Men often fall hair at the temples and at the back or on top. In women, the hair falls out all over his head.
- Age: Men usually start losing hair with age. In women, it can occur at any time, even at 20, for example, due to a genetic predisposition.
Considering that hair loss has become a common problem among women, there are many effective ways to deal with it. Here are some possible solutions.
Finasteride was originally designed to treat prostate problems and male pattern baldness. But it can help women by blocking certain hormones that are associated with hair loss.
Oral contraceptives reduce the production of male hormones (androgens) in the ovaries. Thus, they are used for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (common case of genetic hair loss). However, some oral contraceptives contain high levels of androgens and their action can enhance hair loss. Therefore, be sure to consult with your doctor to find the right tool.
There are also many different drugs that act as anti-androgens. They are used to treat other diseases such as fluid retention, or gastric ulcer.
Minoxidil is part of the local media, which contains a concentration of 2% or 5%. According to studies, the concentration of 5% better prevent hair loss and promote their growth. A dermatologist can prescribe funds with a higher concentration in a strong hair loss.
Funds are usually given with ketoconazole for fungal infections, skin problems
The most common skin problems and their solutions
head and dandruff
Dandruff: where it comes from, and what to do
. However, since ketoconazole reduces testosterone, and its use for the treatment of hair loss. Means counter contains 1% of active ingredient, can be purchased with a prescription medication with a higher concentration.
Many of these resources require a doctor's appointment. Discuss with your doctor what treatment is right for you.
There are numerous funds intended to care for thinning hair, for preventing hair loss and promoting growth. This can be shampoos, conditioners, serums and masks. In addition, there supplements
Food additives - basic classification
and vitamins and minerals that help to solve the problem from within.
If you suffer from hair loss, do not hesitate to consult your doctor and discuss with them the possibility of treatment, especially if the funds without a prescription does not bring the desired effect. The sooner you start treatment, the easier it will be to stop hair loss and regain beautiful hair.
Oily facial skin - a problem both sexes
November 28, 2011
The problems of oily skin has always been known to mankind, but an ideal solution for them has not yet been found. Despite all the advances in modern cosmetic industry, people still suffer from acne, blackheads and what any makeup spoils due ubiquitous greasy.
Acne - companion oily skin
Unfortunately, just wash your face with oily skin is not enough, and wash it too often simply harmful.
How would you not want to get rid of acne, relates to the means intended to deal with it carefully. They contain chemicals can dry up the skin, cause irritation and exacerbate the problem.
Almost everyone at least once in his life appeared acne, but most are held with adolescence. Those who watch this unpleasant picture in his face and into adulthood, try almost any means to get rid of them.
Often the most effective home remedies are. For example, try this: Mix a little oatmeal, lemon juice and a drop of olive oil. Slightly warm the mixture. Apply the mask on your face and wash off after 10-15 minutes with warm water. This mask visibly lightens acne after the first application.
It is important to know the causes of acne. If this is due to hormonal changes, can help you special medicines. If the matter of heredity, the tablet will be useless, and you just have to take good care of your skin.
Some remedies for oily skin
- Essential oils of citrus. Oils of lemon, grapefruit, tangerine and orange effectively and gently care for oily skin. Buy lotion for the face, consisting entirely of natural ingredients, add 3-4 drops of essential oils
Essential oils and conception: can help the roses?
30 g of lotion and clean their skin in the evening. In the morning Wash thoroughly with antibacterial soap.
- Keep the. For oily skin it is especially important to regularly remove dead skin cells. Wash your face twice a day and several times a week to do the mask of fruit. If you feel you need to wash your face more often, try, but the deterioration of the skin continue to wash only twice a day.
- Scrubs. For a better cleansing you need to regularly use scrubs designed specifically for oily skin. But be careful - too frequent exfoliation can dry up your skin and the sebaceous glands begin to work more actively.
- Masks. Several times a week, do cleansing mask, for example of clay. They deeply cleanse the skin, but, as with scrub too often their use can go in harm.
- Tonics. A good tonic can be an excellent tool for oily skin. Use it in the morning and to be able to refresh the face in the evening, carry a toning tissues.
- Makeup. If you can do without it - fine. Makeup enhances fat content of your skin and the end of the day in any case he will get ugly shine.
- If you can not, without makeup, get makeup done not oil-based. Try to use a minimal amount of makeup and give preference to powder rather than creams.
- Wheat germ oil has a wonderful effect on the skin. Apply a little oil on your fingers and massage the face for a few minutes. An hour later, rinse with warm water and oil. Natural vitamin E contained in the oil, a powerful antioxidant
Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious benefits
; oil also protects the skin from UV rays and other environmental hazards. In addition, it is excellent in softening the skin.
- Milk - an indispensable product for people with oily skin. It cleanses the skin, removes dryness and improves the complexion. Clean the face of the milk in the evening after removing make-up. You can add a few drops of milk sandalwood oil or lavender
The healing properties of lavender - not only pleasant aroma
. This means at the same time cleans the skin and moisturizes it.
A few resources to care for oily skin
Mix a tablespoon of rice flour, corn flour as well, and a few drops of lemon juice - so that you get a mixture that resembles the consistency of thick cream. Massage, apply the mixture on the skin. Hold the mask for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
Make a scrub of ground almonds
Use almond: Fertility symbol of peace
, Ground lemon peel and a few drops of milk. Mix the ingredients and careful movements massage the skin.
When taking a bath, add water 3-4 drops of chamomile oil chemist and 1 drop of geranium oil. These funds are perfectly toned skin.