Exercises for pregnant women - regular exercise
July 1, 2007
- Exercises for pregnant women - regular exercise
- What pregnant women need exercise
- The methodology of the studies
Exercise during pregnancy can help you stay healthy and feel good. Regular exercise can help you avoid common problems such as back pain
Back pain: Do not start the process
and fatigue. Physical activity reduces the likelihood of complications and prepares the body for childbirth.
If you are accustomed to a high level of physical activity before pregnancy, try to reduce the load. Do not let the heart rate to rise to more than 140 beats per minute.
If you are not engaged before pregnancy exercise, consult with experts to help you find the right program. Do not overreach, sometimes simply walk.
Experts recommend 30 minutes of moderate loads a day, if you have no contraindications or complications
Who should not do exercise during pregnancy?
If you have chronic diseases such as asthma, heart disease or diabetes, you should not play sports during pregnancy. Also not recommended load conditions such as
- Low-lying placenta
- risk of miscarriage
Miscarriage - can you protect yourself from it?
- history of premature birth or miscarriage,
- weak cervix.
Before starting any exercise
Myths about exercise: do not believe
, Consult your doctor. He will be able to give you individual guidance.
What exercises are safe for pregnant women?
Most of the exercises are safe if engaged cautiously and not overwork.
Considered the safest swimming, brisk walking, exercise on a stationary bike, stepper or elliptical trainer, aerobics classes calm instructor. In these exercises, lower risk of injury, they are useful for the whole body and can continue almost to the birth.
Tennis and badminton generally safe, but the balance changes during pregnancy may affect the speed of movement. You can also moderate jog.
Exercises for pregnant women
Here are some exercises that you can add to your training program.
Stretching exercises make the muscles more flexible and they warm up, which is especially useful during pregnancy. Here are some simple exercises for stretching, which can be performed before or after the main load.
- The rotation of the head. Relax the muscles of the neck and shoulders. Put your head down. Slowly rotate your head - first to the right shoulder, then back, then to the left shoulder. Make four slow circle in each direction.
- The rotation of the shoulders. Pull your shoulders forward, then lift them up and slide back. Make four rotating back and forth.
- The rotation of the arms. Dip your hands. Then raise your hand and take it round as if sailing freestyle. Make the same rotation with the other hand. Repeat ten times.
- Stretching the hip. Put one foot in front of another case. Lean forward, resting on the thigh of the front leg. Change legs and repeat. Repeat four times in both directions.
- Shaking legs. Sit with your legs wide apart. Gently shake the legs, raising and lowering them.
- Rotating feet. Sit with your legs apart, relax your feet. Rotate the feet - four times in one direction, the other four times.
Kegel exercises help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles that support the bladder
Urinary bladder - structure and function
, Uterus and intestines. By strengthening these muscles, you learn to relax and control, which will serve as a good preparation for childbirth. Kegel exercises are also recommended for recovery after childbirth.
To feel which muscles need to train, imagine that you want to stop urinating, or not to release gases. By doing this you stretch the muscles of the pelvic floor. During exercise, try not to move any other muscles - legs, buttocks and abdomen. An outsider should be noticeable when you do Kegel exercises. Thus, they can be made anywhere!
We recommend doing five sets of exercise a day. Each time tense the pelvic floor muscles, slowly count to five, then relax. One set - a repeat ten times.
Exercises in sitting cross-legged
This pose strengthens the muscles of the pelvis and thighs, helps to relieve back pain.
- Sitting cross-legged. Sit on the floor with your knees bent and ankles crossed in front of him. Gently lean forward, keep your back straight, but relaxed. Sit in this position as often as possible.
- Exercise with pressure. Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet connecting. Grasp the ankles and gently pull the feet to the torso. Then, place your hands under your knees. Breathe. Try to lower the knees as low as possible, while creating resistance arms. Count to five, relax.
Exercises with dumbbells - how to get a nice relief
November 27, 2008
The main advantage of exercise dumbbell is that during their execution does not involve only the target muscle groups but different stabilizing muscles. This is in contrast, for example, from the exercise performed in the gym, which are utilized when performing a strictly defined group of muscles. Thus, exercise with dumbbells promote synchronized, harmonious development of many muscles.
Another distinct advantage is that to carry out such exercises do not require sophisticated equipment - a pair of dumbbells will suffice.
A set of exercises
- Exercise 1. Lie on a bench with your feet firmly on the floor, his back against the bench. Take dumbbells and lift them up so that they were right above the breast. Alternately bend and straighten arms again with dumbbells.
- Exercise 2. This exercise is virtually the same as the previous, but in this case you will need fitball. Starting position - the upper back is lying on fitball, pinning him to the floor, his feet rest on the floor. Alternately, lift the dumbbells. This option exercise not only develops the muscles of the arms and chest, and improves the ability to maintain balance.
- Exercise 3. Starting position: left hand to rest against a bench, toes - on the floor. Legs wide apart at the same time, the body is on the floor at an angle of about 50 degrees. In the right hand take a dumbbell and slowly raise it 20-30 times. Then repeat on the other hand.
- Exercise 4 Starting position: Stand with legs apart at shoulder width, and pick up a dumbbell. The arms should hang freely along the body.
- Slightly bend your knees, slowly lean forward, lowering the dumbbells below the knees - you should feel the muscles stretch the thighs and buttocks. Slowly return to starting position. Perform the exercise 20-30 times.
- Exercise 5 Starting position: standing, feet shoulder width apart, arms hanging loosely at your sides. Lunged right foot, so that it is bent at the knee at 90 degrees. Left knee almost touches the floor. Return to starting position, using mainly the muscles of the right leg. Perform the exercise for the left leg. Repeat 20-30 times for each leg.
- Exercise 6: Stand up, legs spread shoulder-width apart; Pick up a dumbbell. Slowly bend your knees until the dumbbells touch the floor. Remember that the back during exercise should remain straight. Slowly return to starting position. Repeat the exercise 25-35 times.
- 7. Exercise This exercise can be done standing or sitting, the main thing - to see to it that the back remains straight. Take a dumbbell in your hand and lift it over his head, completely straighten your arm. Slowly bend and lower the arm so that she was at the nape. You will feel stretched and strained triceps. For a few seconds, hold your hand at the level of the neck, then lift it over his head. Perform the exercise 20-30 times for each arm.
The exercises for the muscles of the arms and chest
Dumbbells are the most popular sports equipment among people involved in fitness. They help to find a beautiful relief of hands, strengthen the muscles of the chest and back. Training using dumbbells help normalize muscle tone and burn calories. Depending on the initial physical preparation selected dumbbells weighing 2 to 5 kg.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent, hands down dumbbells with palms facing inward. Bend at the elbow, right hand and move his hand with a dumbbell to shoulder while turning the brush so that the dumbbell parallel to the shoulder. Then return to the initial position and repeat the same with the left hand. Perform 2 sets of 10-20.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent, dumbbells in both hands. Hands bend your elbows and lift the right angle with the palm facing inward. Without bending your arms at the wrists, slowly lift them over your head, elbows are not fully straighten. Then return to the initial position Perform 2 sets of 8-12 times.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, hands with dumbbells omitted along the body. Slightly bending your elbows and slowly spread them apart to shoulder level, and then just as slowly return to the initial position Perform 2 sets of 8-12 times.
- Lie back on the bench sports, feet flat on the floor, knees bent. Hands with dumbbells straighten up over the breast, turning the palm forward. Good lower back pressed to the bench, bend your elbows and spread them apart. Shoulders parallel with the floor. Then return to the initial position Perform 2 sets of 8-12 times.
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in your left hand, feet shoulder width apart. Bend your knees and lean forward, back when it should be parallel to the floor. The right hand bend and lean on his knees. The left hand with a dumbbell along the lower body and slightly bend at the elbow. From this position, pull the right arm to the side at shoulder level and a bit ago. Then return to the initial position Perform 2 sets of 10 times.
Exercises for back muscles
- Lie on a bench in the abdomen, legs and pull somknite. Dumbbells in his hands, spread and put on the floor. At the same time lift the arms to the side up, leaving them straight. Perform 2 sets of 10 times.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. When the exercise is used to support a chair or bench racing. Take a dumbbell in your left hand, bend forward and lean your free hand on the chair seat. Lower left hand down to the floor. Then slowly start to pull the arm with a dumbbell in the chest, taking his arm back. Just slowly return arm to an initial position Change hands and repeat. Perform 10 times on each hand.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, in each hand dumbbell. Arms to the side, then turn the palms forward. Bend your elbows, bringing the dumbbells to your chest. Your arms should be parallel to the floor, elbows do not fall down. Perform 2 sets of 8-12 times.
- Lie down on the bench across the back, arms with dumbbells straighten the front of the chest and connect in your hands. Slowly lower the dumbbells with straightened arms behind his head, almost to the floor. Then return to the initial position Perform 10 times.
- Lying on the floor, on your back, legs bent at the knees and on the floor. Hands with dumbbells straighten the front of the chest. Exercise is done on a "4" accounts. "Time" - a straight right hand with a dumbbell behind your head is retracted, the left is going down - forward to the thigh. "Two" - hand back to an initial position "Three" - a change of hands: the left hand is pulled back behind his head, the right goes down - forward to the thigh. "Four" - hand back to an initial position Then hands with dumbbells close it. Perform the exercise 5 times.
Exercise with weights for the muscles of the abdomen and waist
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Pick up a dumbbell, bend forward, hands drop down to the floor. Follow the twists and turns the body to the right and to the left. Back when this should be straight. Repeat 20 times in each direction.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. In his right hand dumbbell, left hand on his belt. Tighten your abdominal muscles and follow the deep slopes to the right. Taz while stationary. After 10 repetitions Put a dumbbell in your left hand and follow the deep slopes of the left strontium. Repeat 10 times in each direction.