Dysbacteriosis - what brings self - Causes
December 4, 2008
- Dysbacteriosis - what brings self
Causes of dysbiosis
Antibiotics - one of the most common causes of diskbaterioza. Of course, there are many cases when drugs of this type is really necessary, but studies conducted in many countries, have shown that antibiotics are often prescribed when there is no urgent need. In the US alone annually issued about 300 million prescriptions for antibiotics - despite the fact that the country's population of about 314 million people. These medicines are destroyed not only bacteria, but also useful microorganisms. As a result, suffers intestinal microflora, which largely depends on the functioning of the immune system.
The intestines of a healthy person at the same time there are more than 100 trillion bacterial species and their number ranges from 100 to 400. Most of them in varying degrees regulate important functions, such as digestion, absorption of nutrients, and so on. The proportion of beneficial bacteria in the gastro-intestinal tract (GIT) is from 85% to 90%. Modern antibiotics can destroy up to 99% of species of beneficial bacteria. Dysbacteriosis after antibiotic develops not all - as a rule, it affects patients who took them for a long time and / or in large doses.
Of course, serious bacterial infections can not stop taking antibiotics, but in many lung diseases often can not do without them.
- Long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), or taking them in excessive doses. NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, indomethacin, etc.) - it's pretty harmless drugs, the reception of which the majority of patients tolerate very well. However, in some cases, they can inhibit the proliferation of beneficial bacteria and cause dysbiosis disease.
- Irritable bowel syndrome is often the cause of dysbiosis. The symptoms of this disorder are constipation or diarrhea, bloating, headaches, anxiety
Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease?
- Contaminated food and water can contain microorganisms that cause goiter sometimes stomach or intestines. Most people eat contaminated food during travel. Sometimes it leads to poisoning, and sometimes - the gradual development of dysbiosis.
- Diet. Overly active multiplication of harmful bacteria may be due to the consumption of large amounts of refined carbohydrates and sugar. Candida - yeast genus of microorganisms that proliferate particularly well in humans, regularly abusing sugar. Remember that all starchy foods that you eat, processed into glucose
Glucose: The energy source
And means, fed by the microorganisms; These products include, for example, grains, sweet fruits, starchy vegetables, and lactose. A diet that includes plenty of protein and little dietary fiber, also promotes the development of dysbiosis.
- Hormonal changes as a result of taking certain medications (eg, combined oral contraceptives, or steroids), pregnancy, or chronic stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
It increases the likelihood of upsetting the balance of microflora.
- Environment. Accommodation in a very humid climate, mold or fungi in the house, as well as exposure to toxic metals increase the risk of dysbiosis.
Dysbacteriosis and pimples
Among the many consequences of dysbiosis - acne and acne
Acne: facial trouble
Which, unfortunately, can occur not only in adolescence.
As it is associated with the development of acne bacteria overgrowth is not known (in general, the question about the causes of acne, despite years of research, remains a matter of much debate in the scientific community), but it is believed that this is partly to blame weakened immunity. The immune system depends largely on the intestine, and when it microflora compromised immunity inevitably becomes weaker. As a consequence, the body becomes more difficult to restrain the proliferation of bacteria that cause acne. It is believed that acne is particularly pronounced if the patient besides dysbacteriosis, there are also problems with the hormonal system. Acne treatment in such cases is a very difficult task, which is unfortunately not always possible to manage without powerful drugs such as isotretinoin.
Dysbacteriosis - what brings self - Treatment
December 4, 2008
- Dysbacteriosis - what brings self
Treatment and prevention of dysbiosis
To cope with dysbiosis, you must, first of all, change your diet. First of all, avoid refined carbohydrate foods and limit your intake of foods with a variety of artificial additives. Include dairy products from the diet, but remember that not all of them are useful in dysbacteriosis. For example, milk and hard cheeses can cause severe constipation and sometimes harmful to the intestinal flora. More often eat yogurt and cottage cheese, yogurt drink; in the diet must be present fresh fruits and vegetables.
In some cases, the treatment of dysbacteriosis antibiotics may be used - usually necessary at extremely active proliferation of harmful bacteria in the intestine.
Although conventional drugs act quickly, if possible, preference should be given to plants, possessing antibiotic activity. For example, the ex tract citrus seed possesses a wide spectrum of antibacterial and antifungal properties. The usual dose of dysbacteriosis - from 600 to 1600 mg per day. However, before you start taking any medication, you should consult a doctor because the symptoms of dysbiosis
Symptoms dysbiosis - they should know
non-specific and may indicate a more serious violation.
In some, the most severe cases, the treatment of dysbiosis can be treated with antibiotics or antifungal drugs. Of the antibiotics most commonly used drugs penicillin group. Such treatment is necessary if the goiter has led or may lead to serious health consequences, and if the reproduction of harmful bacteria can not be stopped by other means. However, the majority of patients to treat goiter, it is enough to change the diet. In addition, people who have goiter caused by intake of certain drugs, the doctor may adjust the dose of medication and / or an appointment of probiotics.
The following guidelines will help both to cure and prevent goiter:
- Include in the diet of more fresh fruits and vegetables. Especially useful when dysbacteriosis dark green, orange, purple and red fruits and vegetables. Your diet should consist of 30-40% of the fresh fruits and vegetables; try to eat them with every meal that the body is constantly fed vitamin C and enzymes necessary to normalize the intestinal microflora.
- Eat more natural foods. If possible buy organic products and avoid foods which contain flavorings, colorants, preservatives, and other additives.
- Limit alcohol intake, as it is better to abstain from it.
- Eat varied. Include in your diet as many different kinds of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, meat, fish, and so on.
- Eliminate from your diet sweets harmful content a lot of calories and low nutrients, such as candy, cookies, sugary soft drinks, and so on. Replace them with dried fruit, honey, fruit smoothies, yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables. On the dirty vegetables and fruit can live bacteria that are, at best, cause mild forms of dysbiosis, and at worst - a serious food poisoning
Food poisoning: how to avoid becoming a victim of its own stomach
. When traveling in the countries of the third world wash their bottled or boiled water - tap water may contain various pathogens.
- Every day, eat dairy products, especially yogurt, yogurt or fermented baked milk. It contains bacteria that contribute to the restoration of a healthy intestinal flora.
Dysbacteriosis in gynecology
- Such a known violation, as bacterial vaginosis is a direct consequence of dysbiosis vagina. Usually it is the bacteria become pathogens Gardnerella vaginalis. Usually vaginosis pretty quickly passes by itself, but if the symptoms persist for a long time, or it relapses occur very often, you should seek medical advice.
- Dysbacteriosis and thrush. Often dysbiosis leads to over-active reproduction of fungi genus Candida, which are the causative agents of thrush. Sometimes it develops after taking antibiotics to treat some STDs, such as chlamydia.
- Among the causes of vaginal bacteria overgrowth in women, experts note, in addition to antibiotics, smoking, douching, and the large number of sexual partners. Dysbacteriosis vagina is not transmitted through sexual contact, but it is most common in sexually active women. The most common symptom of this type of dysbiosis are vaginal discharge
with a strong unpleasant odor. They often have a gray or yellow tint, and their smell can become particularly strong after sexual intercourse. Pain at dysbacteriosis of this type are rare, but sometimes patients may experience pain during sexual intercourse and / or urination.
When such symptoms as soon as possible to pass inspection.
Vaginal dysbacteriosis, in most cases, is relatively innocuous disease, but sometimes it may cause several problems. The development of this disorder in pregnant women increases the risk of miscarriage, premature birth, and infection of the uterus after childbirth. In patients with vaginal dysbiosis
Dysbacteriosis vagina - how to fight?
women who have to cesarean section, hysterectomy or an abortion, an increased risk of pelvic infections. In HIV-infected when dysbiosis increases the likelihood of contracting other STDs.
For treatment of vaginal dysbacteriosis commonly used antibiotics in the form of tablets for oral use, or ointments. Usually, symptoms of the disease are already 2-3 days after starting antibiotics, but treatment usually lasts seven days.