Coffee raises or lowers the pressure: the eternal questions
July 20, 2014
Millions of people start their day with a cup of coffee. It is recognized as a means to awaken from sleep
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
, Cheer up, tune in a positive way. But the drink should be consumed with caution. Scholars debate, coffee increases or decreases the pressure, and how this invigorating drink at all affect health.
Composition of coffee
Total coffee contains more than a thousand chemical components. Eight of them are aromatic compounds that give the product a unique flavor and aroma.
The most well-known substance that is found in coffee - caffeine. Caffeine has the ability to stimulate the central nervous system and heart activity constricts blood vessels, is a diuretic.
Caffeine is actively used in pharmacology to create drugs for headaches and stimulants. This is a very popular component of many food additives
Food additives - basic classification
for weight loss.
In addition to caffeine in the drink, there are other purine alkaloids - theobromine and theophylline - that the excessive use of addictive. Coffee lovers often called "coffee people," and this is no coincidence: an innocent drink as easily addictive, like alcohol.
Harm and benefits
For centuries people argue, bad coffee or useful. This dispute must be infinite, since the drink different effects on people's health.
Due to the high content of caffeine drink helps to cheer up, improves mood, attention, memory and productivity. But the effect of coffee, as well as the effect of any stimulator, briefly. Doctors say that coffee "gives vivacity in credit and have to return the loan with interest." During a surge of activity after drinking a cup of drink you have to pay later drowsiness and dizziness.
Coffee can help a headache, especially if the pain of migraine character. In addition, researchers say that drinking coffee helps reduce the likelihood of developing Type II diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver and even alcohol dependence
Alcohol addiction - for no reason, no reason not arise
. However, these studies still need to be clarified.
There are reports that coffee increases the risk of fractures in women after 45 years, but this data is also not yet confirmed. In particular, it is not clear exactly what dose of the drink is critical. In large doses, coffee is not recommended to use during pregnancy and lactation. Children under 18 are not recommended to give black coffee.
Most controversial is the effect of coffee on blood pressure. In many diseases of the cardiovascular system coffee drinking is strongly not recommended.
Coffee and pressure
It is believed that this drink increases the pressure, and therefore, its use is unacceptable in hypertension, cardiovascular disease and kidney disease. In addition, the consumption of coffee causes palpitations and excites the nervous system. Therefore, those who drink a lot of coffee, often quite irritable and quick-tempered.
At the same time aware of the experiments scientists United States and Britain, which have shown that moderate (up to six small cups a day), coffee consumption has on blood pressure only a small effect. Column tonometer really rises, but not much and not for long, in general, the health does not suffer.
Where is the truth? Perhaps the truth is that the effect of coffee on the body of each person individually.
Many people are afraid to drink coffee, because after eating feel unpleasant symptoms of high pressure. Others argue that coffee, on the contrary, lowers blood pressure. Caffeine contained in the beverage is a diuretic, and removing excess fluid from the body contributes to lowering blood pressure.
However, this effect of drinking coffee - a rarity. Most coffee or no effect on blood pressure or increase it. Much depends on how many people drink coffee. This product is addictive, so "the coffee", accustomed to high doses, pressure surges usually does not happen. At the same time, those who drinks coffee little more sensitive to the effects of caffeine.
According to doctors, the coffee should not be abused. However, even high blood pressure - not a reason to completely give up the drink. To begin to observe their state of health after a cup of coffee - if it does not change for the worse, it may not make sense to abandon the tradition to start with a cup a day. Even better would be to assess the state of health with the help of the tonometer: measuring the pressure to drink and use in half an hour after it, you can objectively assess the impact drink to health.
Hypertension and coffee
Hypertensive patients should probably consider switching to black coffee on the more forgiving drinks such as latte or cappuccino. In addition, you may need to reduce the number of cups of coffee a day - one portion in the morning will be quite enough. Since the pressure in the morning, as a rule, is low, the consumption of coffee is unlikely to lead to tragic consequences.
Of great importance is the choice of varieties of coffee. Contrary to popular opinion, the ground coffee caffeine less than in the soluble. In essence, the instant coffee just is for many a kind of "first aid" means to cheer up quickly, "whip" your brain with caffeine. Ground coffee drinking is not so much for cheerfulness as for pleasure. This drink is more gentle on the body.
If doctors forbid the use of caffeine, the favorite drink would have to find a replacement. This may be, for example, decaffeinated coffee or so-called "coffee beverages" on the basis of barley
Barley - a clear sign of impaired immunity
and chicory. Their taste seems rather strange, but the pressure of such surrogates certainly not increase. But tea, particularly green coffee should not be replaced - in tea leaves contain caffeine, no less, and sometimes more than the grains of natural coffee.
Most high-calorie foods - help in weight gain
December 12, 2014
- Most high-calorie foods - help in weight gain
While it seems to be a large portion of the population tends to lose weight and to choose the best low-calorie foods, some people, on the contrary, they want to gain weight. In addition, the fashion for almost painful thinness gradually receding into the past, and more women do not aspire to be like podium models, and try to find a harmonious, feminine body with all provisions by nature bends. To do this, sometimes you have to specifically include in your diet the most high-calorie foods.
High-calorie foods for a set of weight - and not very useful
- Cereals or cereal. Exactly how many calories they contain is dependent on which cereals are included in their composition, but also the amount of other ingredients, but in any case, such a very high-calorie breakfast. But most of them are very helpful - they contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals, so the breakfast cereals are a good choice for anyone who wants to get better and not to cause harm.
- Peanut butter. It is enough to spread on a slice of bread two tablespoons of peanut butter to your diet and add about 180 kcal. This is a delicious, high-calorie and healthy (at least, if they do not abuse) product, which is included in the diet for weight gain.
- Cheese. Caloric cheese varies depending on the kind, but in any case, it contains a lot of calories and fats. At the same time, the cheese is a source of protein, calcium and other minerals.
- Butter and margarine. In a small portion of pyatigrammovoy butter or margarine contains about 36 calories. If the choice between the two products is certainly to be preferred to butter; margarine contains large amounts of trans fats, and with prolonged use, it can be dangerous to health.
- Yogurt. In 125 g of low-fat yogurt with fruit or berry flavor contains approximately 118 calories. Many people forget that yogurt - a very high-calorie product, since it is recommended to include many diets for weight loss. However, it can be used to set weight - due to high content of protein, calcium, zinc, vitamin A
Vitamin A: An important element of the health and beauty
and B vitamins
B vitamins: the body useful helpers
it promotes the growth of muscle tissue, and in addition, a beneficial effect on bone, skin, hair, and so on.
- Bananas. These fruits - best friends who want to gain weight; in one large banana contains about 120 calories, and if you add the banana
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
in yogurt or granola, you can get a very nutritious and, in addition, healthy dish.
- Nuts. All types of nuts are useful for heart, brain and skin (due to the high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids in the nuts). Besides, they are very high in calories. For example, peanuts (100 grams) contains 550 calories, cashew - 633 kcal, walnut - 630 kcal, hazelnut - 629 calories, pistachios - 560 kcal.
- Vegetable oils. List of the most high-calorie foods, of course, is not complete without vegetable oils. Unrefined olive oil (100 g) contained 824 Kcal, sunflower oil - 890 kcal, coconut oil - 925 kcal, soybean oil - 884 kcal.
- Salo. For calorie fat is comparable to vegetable oil - 100 g of this product contains 797 calories. This fat is quite useful - it is a source of selenium, vitamins A, D and E.
- Bacon. 100 g of bacon, 540 kcal contained in one piece of average size - about 50 kcal.
- Chicken breast. 100 grams of chicken breast contains about 110 calories; besides, it is a source of high quality protein, essential for the growth of muscle tissue. It is much better than bacon or lard, and it is strongly recommended to include in the diet of athletes and people who want to gain weight.
- Salmon. In addition a large number of calories (about 200 kcal per 100 grams) in salmon contains much protein, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin A, B12, and D, as well as omega-3. If you want to gain weight and at the same time benefit the health, eat at least three batches of salmon a week.
- Dates are definitely worth to include in a diet for weight gain. From 100 g of dates you will get 270 calories, as well as a variety of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Mayonnaise - it is certainly not the most high-calorie product in the world, but it is among the leaders with its 630 calories (or more - depending on the grade) per 100 g
- Eggs. In one small egg contains about 54 calories in a medium-sized egg - 66 calories in a large egg - about 74 kcal. Scrambled eggs and omelets, salads and sandwiches with eggs - wonderful dishes for those who want to get better. Additionally, eggs are very useful - they are sources of vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E, iron, iodine, phosphorus, calcium, copper and cobalt.