Vitamins for heart and blood vessels: why are they so important?
November 13, 2014
The modern pace of life means that it is often necessary to be in several places at the same time, manage to convert a huge number of cases, and in addition, has not been canceled and responsibilities in the family. In this cycle, women try not to forget about the appearance, but it always turns out to be due attention to health? Many problems with the state of health can be avoided in advance to start taking vitamins for the heart
Vitamins for your heart: how to choose?
and blood vessels.
Matters of the heart
Heart - a body-worker. It continues throughout human life, until his last breath, not stopping for a second. Not for nothing is this body has become a real symbol of life.
Heart like no other body needs care. Moderate exercise, walking in the fresh air and the absence of serious stress is very good for the heart. But no less a role proper nutrition
Proper nutrition - the basic precepts of healthy food
Rich in all the essential vitamins and trace elements. Than to treat your heart?
The irreplaceable assistant
Vitamins were discovered relatively recently - in the early XX century, but today it is difficult to imagine life without these substances. Vitamins are essential for the proper functioning of all body systems, including the cardiovascular effects. Vitamins strengthen the blood vessels of the heart, improves cardiac function, are used for the prevention of many diseases.
In order to improve the cardiovascular system, not necessarily immediately go to the pharmacy. Many foods contain necessary to supply the heart and vessels vitamins and minerals. Suffice it to correct and balanced to bring them into your daily diet.
One of the most heart-healthy food - olive oil. Many people know about its medicinal properties, but not all realize how it is useful for the cardiovascular system. It is enough to replace the vegetable oil and butter in the olive oil, preferably first cold pressed, and the vessels become much more elastic, cholesterol plaques disappear. This is due to the fact that the olive oil contains polyphenols and monounsaturated fats, which also reduce the level of cholesterol.
In second place are nuts. Enough to eat a few of nuts a week that would significantly reduce the rice heart attack. This is due to the fact that the nuts in large quantities contains the amino acid arginine, that it has such a positive effect.
In third place apricots, or rather, dried apricots. This is not only a tasty treat, but also a source of antioxidants
Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious benefits
, A hundred grams of dried apricots, which need to eat a day, contains everything necessary to avoid the risk of a heart attack.
It should also be included in the diet, and such heart-healthy foods like:
- Oily fish. Especially recommended for trout, tuna, sardines, herring, mackerel;
- Dark chocolate. Of course, they should not overeat, couple slices will be enough. Contained in cocoa flavonoids can help lower blood pressure;
- Rose hips, currants, kiwi, apple. These delicious and loved a lot of fruit in large quantities contains vitamin C. This vitamin is beneficial for all metabolic processes in the human body, and also prevents the formation of cholesterol. Enough to eat a handful of berries or one or two apples a day;
- Carrot and pumpkin - a real fount of carotene, which protects against atherosclerosis. Also, a large number of pro-vitamin found in all orange, red and yellow vegetables and fruits such as peach
Peaches: benefits and harms of sun fruits
, Peppers, plums;
- Seafood. As a part of all seafood contains polyunsaturated fatty acids - vitamins group F. They destroy cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels and interfere with their education. The largest number of vitamins contained in shellfish (shrimp, crayfish), calamari and shellfish;
- Dairy products - a source of calcium, which has beneficial effects on myocardial contractility, and strengthening the walls of blood vessels.
Not only is the use of
It is not enough to enrich your diet useful products - you also need to eliminate harmful products. This meat is high in fat, baking, carbohydrate-rich, strong coffee and tea. It is harmful to the heart various artificial fats, alcohol and cigarettes.
Health status has improved significantly, if we reject completely, or at least significantly reduce the consumption of these products. All of them not only hinder the work of the heart, but also had a devastating effect on the blood vessels.
The tablets from the pharmacy
If you select a medication methods of treatment to strengthen the body, then, first of all, you need to consult a doctor and undergo a complete examination. Only a doctor will be able to choose the most optimal dosage of drugs. The most commonly used drugs for the prevention of heart and vascular disease are:
- Medicines with vasodilating effect: papaverine, eufelin;
- Statins: mefakor, levostatin, mevakos;
- Fibrates: clofibrate, simvalitin.
Prior to receiving the drug should be examined, and based on its results the doctor will give recommendations for the use and dosage of medications. But we should remember that these drugs often have side effects, and apply them is only in the case of serious diseases.
But it is better to prevent occurrence of diseases and to support heart and blood vessels in the right form. Come to the aid and useful for cardiovascular products, and various additives with a high content of potassium, magnesium and vitamins B, vitamins C and E. Perfectly act on the heart hips: Brewing of these vitamin drink, can be strengthened vessels. Good for the heart, and various drugs based on natural raw materials, such as hawthorn extract.
Vitamin D and its effect on the skin: a useful sun
May 6, 2007
- Vitamin D and its effect on the skin: a useful sun
- Vitamin D deficiency
Vitamin D is found in many foodstuffs, for example, fish, eggs and fish oil; He also produced in the human body when exposed to sunlight - is that ten minutes of sun exposure sufficient to prevent a deficiency of this substance.
The term "vitamin D» refers to several forms of the wine. The most important for the person are two of them: ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) and cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
The main biological function of vitamin D is to maintain normal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood. Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption and bone formation. Recent studies have shown that vitamin D helps prevent osteoporosis, hypertension, certain cancers and autoimmune diseases.
Acceptance of vitamin D
Vitamin D can be recommended for the following offenses:
- Hereditary hypophosphatemia - a rare congenital disorder in which impaired absorption of phosphorus and decreased vitamin D metabolism in the kidneys. Hereditary hypophosphatemia is a form of rickets
Rickets - all about vitamins
. Along with other medications, people with this disorder are advised to take supplements with vitamin D.
- Hyperparathyroidism associated with low levels of vitamin D. In some patients on the background of vitamin D deficiency develop secondary hyperparathyroidism (increased activity of the parathyroid gland). For the treatment of this disease is often administered vitamin D. Vitamin D is also can prevent the development of hypoparathyroidism in patients who have removed parathyroid gland in the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Hypocalcemia - a disorder that often develops as a result of surgical removal of the parathyroid gland. High doses of vitamin D can help to normalize the level of calcium in the blood, decreasing at the same violation.
- Osteomalacia. In severe lack of vitamin D in adults lose bone minerals, and there are such problems as bone pain, muscle weakness and osteomalacia - a disorder in which bone becomes very weak. Treatment options osteomalacia depends on the underlying disease. Often used surgical techniques, as well as the reception of vitamin D.
- Psoriasis. There are many approaches to the treatment of this disease. Sometimes it is used to treat vitamin D3 ointment, and other agents for external application with a high content of synthetic analogs of vitamin D.
- Rickets develop in children with deficiency of vitamin D; cause is deficiency of this vitamin in the diet, a lack of sunlight exposure or both. For the treatment of vitamin D is assigned and, if necessary, certain prescription medications.
- Muscular weakness and / or muscle pain can be caused by vitamin D deficiency in adults and in children. Studies show that vitamin D may help deal with this problem.
- Osteoporosis. Acceptance of vitamin D to prevent osteoporosis. This violation is particularly susceptible to post-menopausal women - due to the hormonal changes of bone tissue begins to lose calcium faster than usual. For calcium absorption and prevention of bone fracture requires vitamin D.
- Asthma. Vitamin D deficiency is observed in many patients with asthma. Experts believe that vitamin D can relieve asthma attacks and increase the effectiveness of treatment.
- Autoimmune disease. Vitamin D has an anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties - it does suggest that it may be used for prevention of various autoimmune diseases.
- Cancer prevention. Studies have shown that vitamin D - by itself or in combination with a calcium - reduces the risk of developing certain types of cancer, especially colorectal cancer, cervical cancer, breast cancer, and simple.
- Cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease. Patients who are at risk (such as those who suffer from obesity, high cholesterol) are advised to take supplements
Food additives - basic classification
with vitamin D.
In addition, vitamin D can be used for the treatment and prophylaxis of disorders such as hypertension, kidney disease, depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
Multiple sclerosis, Myelodysplastic syndrome, diabetes first and second type.
Despite the benefits of vitamin D, they should not be abused. The maximum dose of Vitamin D:
Age of the patient
The dose of vitamin D
1,000 IU (international units)
9 years and older
Exceeding the recommended dose of vitamin D can cause side effects such as unusually frequent urination, weakness, fatigue, metallic taste, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, weight decrease, dizziness, ringing in the ears, decreased blood pressure.
Molecules of vitamin D in the body operate the main task - regulate the exchange of calcium and phosphorus, influence their deposition in bones. Thus, the main function of vitamin D in the human body - to ensure normal growth and development of bones and teeth, prevent rickets and osteoporosis. In addition, vitamin D affects the overall metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
Involved in the regulation of blood pressure and heart rate, prevents muscle weakness, improves immunity, is essential for thyroid function and normal blood clotting contributes to the removal of lead from the body.
Vitamin D is synthesized in the body in a sufficient amount when the person receives the appropriate dose of ultraviolet. Calciferol deficiency observed in the inhabitants of those countries where, for example, winter lasts six months, and UV is not enough to ensure the needs of vitamin D. This means that suffering mineral metabolism: developing osteomalacia (softening of the bones) in adults or rickets in children.
Besides the sun, the formation of vitamin D in the body contributes to a massage, and contrast water and air baths, which perform a unique "internal massage" capillaries, thereby helping to strengthen the movement of fluids in the body, cell renewal, the best hormone, ie secretion, the endocrine secretion, and surprisingly, with their help the body get rid of a lack of vitamin D, if it receives the foods rich in this vitamin.
Vitamin D and sun
The recommended daily requirement of vitamin D can be obtained from food, but it is desirable to happen more often in the sun. Sun - the most important source of vitamin D, and ultraviolet rays stimulate the production of vitamin D in the body.
There is no need to spend the whole day in the sun, to trigger the synthesis of vitamin D in the skin. In total ten - fifteen minutes of sun exposure a day (at least twice a week) is sufficient to provide the body the right amount of vitamin D. While the main function of vitamin D is to maintain normal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood, it also plays a major role in maintaining health beauty and youthful skin. In addition, Vitamin D aids in the treatment of psoriasis and skin cancer prevention.
Vitamin D and psoriasis
Psoriasis patients should be aware that the active form of vitamin D, known as kaltsitrol helps to contain the spread of skin cells, which leads to the formation of psoriasticheskih ulcers and helps to regulate the immune response to the disease. Ironically, the lack of Vitamin D - a very common phenomenon, and can cause problems of cell growth, the largest of which is the skin. Scientists also are searching for evidence that long-term deficiency of vitamin D leads to cancer. According to some researchers, further study of the topical application of vitamin D can help find a way to protect skin cells from DNA damage that leads to cancer.
Although vitamin D is not a component of the most popular cosmetic and food products, it is very important for the health and beauty of the skin. People who are prone to a deficiency of vitamin D, is rarely in the sun and those suffering from obesity and kidney disease (which limit the ability of assimilation of vitamin D) is recommended to take nutritional vitamin supplements and try as little as possible to visit in the midday sun.