Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - a natural immunity strengthening
May 13, 2007
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - a natural immunity strengthening
- Symptoms of deficiency
- Prevention and treatment of diseases
- Vitamin C and infectious diseases
- Vitamin C, and old age, the work of the endocrine glands
Scientists call vitamin C one of the most important, safe and effective nutrients. He probably can not cure colds and flu (although it is considered a good way to prevent these diseases and their complications), but it stimulates the immune system, protects against cardiovascular diseases, eye diseases, and also slows the aging process.
How much vitamin C do we need?
The recommended daily intake of vitamin C for an adult is 75-90 mg per day. However, many experts say, especially in the season, when the likelihood of developing colds great, you should try to consume 400-500 mg of vitamin C per day. To get such a dose, you need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, or take vitamin C tablets. Since most people can not eat enough fruits every day, yellow, round, familiar from childhood vitamins are a great help for your immune system.
500 mg of vitamin C per day will not cause gastric irritation and other side effects. Overdose of vitamin C is possible if the daily intake exceeds 2000 mg.
Despite the fact that the vitamins can be prepared from the tablets can not forget about a healthy diet
Healthy eating - do not limit yourself to eating
. Try to eat at least 5-6 fresh fruits or vegetables a day. Vitamins are absorbed much more effective than pills, and in addition, they contain fiber and the body needs a lot of minerals.
Vitamin C content in a variety of fruits and vegetables:
- Melon, 230 g (about 1 cup) - 59 mg
- Orange juice, 230 g - 97 mg
- Broccoli, 230 g - 74 mg
- Red cabbage, 115 g - 40 mg
- Green pepper, 115 g - 60 mg
- Red pepper, 115 g - 95 mg
- 1 kiwi medium size - 70 mg
- Tomato juice, 230 g - 45 mg
Benefits of Vitamin C
Recent studies have shown that vitamin C is very useful for people whose immune system is weakened by stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
. In modern society, stress - one of the most common causes of various diseases. Interestingly, vitamin C - one of the leading nutrient deficiency that occurs in smokers, alcoholics and obese. This vitamin is thus a kind of marker of general health. Regular use of vitamin C in sufficient amounts to reduce the effects of stress on the body.
- Vitamin C is very effective in preventing colds and facilitates the viral diseases. It is no coincidence to us from childhood are advised to eat as much citrus in the season of colds and flu. Furthermore, vitamin C contributes to the prevention of complications of viral diseases such as pneumonia and various lung infections.
- Although scientific data on this subject are contradictory, in one study it was found that a high concentration of vitamin C in the blood by 42% reduces the risk of stroke. The reason for this is not clear. However, people who are at risk for stroke, it is recommended to use as many fresh fruits and vegetables. This helps to lower cholesterol, as well as get a lot of nutrients that improve overall health.
- Vitamin C has a positive effect on the aging process. People who regularly receive vitamin C in large quantities, much later, wrinkles and other signs of aging
Aging Skin: The three most common problems and their solutions
. Vitamin C also helps prevent dry skin, improves the condition of hair and nails. It is part of many anti-aging creams and serums, as well as food additives
Food additives - basic classification
Designed to slow the aging process.
- In addition to all these characteristics, vitamin C has a strong anti-inflammatory properties. Some scientists suggest that it helps to prevent cancer. The effect of vitamin C has not yet been proven, however, putting the body in general strengthening effect, it could be one of the factors that prevent the development of cancer.
Various forms of the name or vitamin C (ascorbic acid):
- Ascorbic acid
- L-ascorbic acid
- Dehydroascorbic acid
- Antiscorbutic vitamin
The value of vitamin C (ascorbic acid):
- Essential for healthy teeth, gums and bones
- It accelerates the healing of wounds and fractures and scarring of tissue
- Prevents scurvy and beriberi
- Strengthens the immune system
- It helps prevent colds and speed recovery
- It strengthens blood vessels
- It improves the absorption of iron
- He is one of the major antioxidant nutrients
Sources of vitamin C (ascorbic acid):
Broccoli and other leafy green vegetables, oranges and citrus fruits, tomatoes, melons, kiwi, Actinidia Chinese.
Vitamins for Men - Beware of unprofessionalism
April 22, 2010
- Vitamins for Men - Beware of unprofessionalism
- Features of functioning of the body men
In today's world, a growing number of men there are a variety of disorders associated with fertility. The reasons for this - a sedentary lifestyle, poor nutrition, poor environment, lack of the normal balance between work and rest, and also a constant stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
. To reduce the impact of these factors, to preserve the health and the ability to have healthy children, need to pay particular attention to vitamins that are part of your diet.
Deficiency of this vitamin causes fatigue, deterioration of ability to concentrate, as well as reducing the number of sperm in the ejaculate. If you smoke or abuse alcohol, vitamin C in your body breaks down very rapidly. Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant; it protects against oxidation of fat-soluble substances such as vitamins A and E. The recommended daily allowance of vitamin C for men is 1-2 grams. Do not stop taking vitamin supplements - they can only complement but not replace the vitamins contained in the berries, fruits and vegetables. Most vitamin C in acidic fruits and berries.
This is one of the most important vitamins to ensure normal operation of the male reproductive system. From clinical investigations it is known that a lack of vitamin E in the diet has a negative impact on sperm production and sufficient use of this vitamin increases sperm motility. Before taking vitamin E supplements, you should consult with your doctor, especially if you are currently taking aspirin or other blood-thinning drugs. Eat plenty of different nuts and seeds - they are excellent natural sources of vitamin E.
Food additives - basic classification
, Be sure that they necessarily had vitamin A. This is one of the most powerful antioxidants; it helps to improve brain function and increases the body's resistance to various infections.
The optimal daily dose of calcium for men - 1000-1500 mg per day. This substance helps to permanently preserve strong bones and teeth; it prevents hair loss, or at least significantly slows down the process. Men who engaged in many sports, calcium is essential for the growth and maintenance of muscle tone.
Selenium is an antioxidant
Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious benefits
and protects the cell membrane from oxidation. Furthermore, it activates glutathione peroxidase, the enzyme that protects the body against free radicals. Selenium is recommended for men who for a long time can not conceive. Especially effective selenium, works in conjunction with vitamins A and E. The average man needs daily to obtain 200 mg of selenium.
Shortage of zinc decreases the body testosterone levels, which can lead to poor semen quality, reduce potency and libido. In addition, due to zinc deficiency may be much sooner noticeable outward signs of aging. The recommended daily intake of zinc for men - 50 mg.
Chromium is directly involved in the development of insulin
The principles of action of insulin - the science of saving lives
; deficiency of this substance can lead to impaired glucose metabolism, and then - to the development of diabetes or hypoglycemia. Men need to 400-600 mg of chromium per day.
This is one of the most important substances necessary for human health, which, however, is present in our diet in a relatively small amount, especially if you are not a big fan of fish. In order to get enough omega-3 should be at least 2-3 times a week, eat fatty marine fish or taking fish oil capsules.