Protein foods - how much protein we need for life?
July 23, 2009
What are the proteins to the human body? Without exaggeration, one can answer that's all. Indeed, the protein - is building the foundation for growth and repair any and all biological tissues. No protein impossible none enzymatic activity because enzymes consist of all protein components. If an analysis of any one hormone, it will be white. Humoral factors (plasma) immunity
Immunity - types and characteristics in children in adults
are complex protein complexes. Reducing any and all muscles, including breathing muscles, there is only due to the specific interaction of two proteins: actin and myosin.
Finally, a well-known hemoglobin
Hemoglobin: worse - low or high?
, Which is composed of erythrocyte carries oxygen vital - is also a complex with the quaternary protein structure. This short list is enough to understand the impossibility of living organism in the absence of proteins.
Every day the human body uses for its own needs a certain amount of protein, so to restore the necessary protein needed daily stock replenishment of organic material
. The main route of protein - it is food
. However, the protein - a very complex high molecular weight component, which is to assimilate must first be shaded into smaller fragments
. These building blocks are amino acids - protein structural units
. Currently, nearly a hundred known amino acids, but in the metabolism of the human body actively involved only about twenty
. Some of them with insufficient intake from the outside can be synthesized in the body on their own, others do not have this ability, so amino acids are classified as essential and nonessential
. Accordingly, the essential amino acids must come exclusively from food
How much protein should be consumed for normal functioning of all body systems? Finding an answer to this question lasted more than a decade
. And in the nineteenth - twentieth centuries the daily requirement of protein ranged from 26 to 136 grams
. Such a huge razbezhnost reviews explains how the reactionary views of some scientists, acting on the orders of the government, and insufficient account of all the possible reasons that could change the daily protein requirement for one side or another
. Currently considered sufficient 100 - 120 grams of protein per day
. More precisely, this number is displayed proportional ratio of protein to body weight, so we can identify "their" need for protein, based on the fact that for 1 kg of body weight should fall 1, 3 - 1, 5 g protein
. However, as has been mentioned just above, the required amount of protein a day may vary
. For example, when a physical or mental stress the need for protein increases, so plays an important role lifestyle of each individual and his profession
. Approximately ten percent of the need to increase the protein diet for pregnant women and twenty - for nursing mothers
Lack of protein in the body leads to a variety of pathological conditions associated with the failure of enzyme systems, hormonal imbalance and other factors. The man developed rapidly alimentary (ie food) dystrophy, brain damage, deteriorating work forming organs, liver and many other systems. Especially protein deficiency adversely affects the child's body: the child lags behind in growth, physical and mental development. When protein deficiency, besides the fact that the child is not enough protein developed specific cell deficiency in pituitary brain region. The function of these cells is to produce growth hormone responsible for the growth of the child's body. When severe protein deficiency is possible death from dystrophy.
However, overeating protein foods also should not be. Since this amplified putrefaction in the intestine, leading to the formation and absorption of toxic elements in the blood dissolution.
Most are rich in proteins, legumes and dairy products, eggs, meat and fish. Least of all the proteins in berries and fruits. In addition, in animal products on average contains more protein, they still have a well-balanced amino acid composition that is important for proper digestion and assimilation of protein components.
Low-fat snacks - how to keep the figure?
June 4, 2007
While proper nutrition involves the use of food three times a day, it is not always the body "experiences" long intervals between meals is normal - more often within a few hours after breakfast there is an unpleasant feeling of hunger. To desire a meal has not led to a rapid increase in body weight, you need to include in the diet of low-fat snacks - delicious, nutritious, and most importantly, low-calorie.
Low-fat snacks are much more useful products for the "bite" with a high content of sugar or fats - are digested quickly snack, dramatically increasing the level of sugar in the blood, which can "backfire" even more intense feeling of hunger in a very short period of time. In addition, a sharp rise, followed by an equally sharp drop in blood sugar levels not only leads to acute hunger, but also to the unpleasant mood swings, feeling of weakness, lack of energy. Where useful to control appetite by eating low-fat snacks once or twice a day between meals.
Low-calorie snacks - delicious supplement daily diet
The most delicious and healthy low-calorie category of representatives of "snacking" - is, without a doubt, fresh fruit and nuts (eg, almonds). One large apple and almond nuts contain five just a hundred calories, two peach
Peaches: benefits and harms of sun fruits
medium size - seventy-six calories, and one small banana - ninety calories. Excellent low-fat snacks - all sorts of fruit salads, fruit and berry yogurt: the number of calories in two hundred grams of fruit salad does not exceed one hundred and low-fat yogurt with a handful of blueberries
Benefits and harms of blueberries: the health of the forest
- Snacks and tasty at the same time, and low-calorie, and extremely useful (especially for the view). Finely chopped fresh fruit or berries can be mixed with low-fat cottage cheese or natural yogurt with low fat content.
Low-fat snacks as a way to control calories
Although it is assumed that there should be three times a day, and an increase in the number of meals increases the amount of consumed calories is not always such a "three-time" power mode is really useful. Low-fat snacks to help control the amount of calories consumed, and when a specific need - and reduce him some snacks so hearty and nutritious, that allows not to feel hunger for a long time and can easily give up lunch or dinner. Thus, the amount consumed daily calories from low-fat meals reduced without any harm to the health or well-being.
Variants useful snacks
- One tablespoon of dried fruit: due to the low content of fats and low glycemic index are digested dried fruits for a long time and, therefore, blood sugar levels
Blood sugar - one of the main indicators of human health
increases gradually. As a result, even a small amount of dried fruit provides a feeling of fullness quickly and for the long term. Dried fruits should not be abused because of the concentrated sugar, which is contained in the dry fruit in a large enough quantity.
- Raw vegetables: carrots, sweet green or red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers - tasty and healthy "snack": rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, any fresh vegetables - a mandatory component of the diet, even as a low-fat snack.
- A handful of nuts: as in the case of dried fruit, even a small amount of nuts (such as almonds, cashews or peanuts) provides a feeling of satiety for a long time. Additionally, nuts - a rich source of vitamins and minerals needed for normal health: they contain selenium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin E, and anti-oxidants, and the content of fat and carbohydrate slightly.
- Low-fat yogurt: just one cup (one hundred and fifty grams) of yogurt with low fat - and the feeling of hunger, you can forget for a few hours. The main source of beneficial lactic acid bacteria, yogurt is not only suppresses hunger but also normalizes the intestinal microflora, contributing to the normalization of digestion.
- A piece of cheese: hard cheeses - an excellent source of calcium, vitamins A and D, zinc, and in combination with a slice of wholemeal bread - delicious and healthy low-fat snack.
Snacks are good for health
- Frequent snacking low-fat snacks to help save energy, maintain normal blood sugar levels, as well as restrain the appetite. However, snacks should certainly be healthy and low-fat.
- Some low-fat snacks well satisfy hunger, so you eat less for lunch or dinner. The result - reduction in the total daily amount of calories consumed.
On the other hand, passion unhealthy snacks with a high content of trans fats can cause sudden changes in blood sugar levels, which in turn can cause mood swings, apathy, and irritability. The fat content of the product affects its taste, consistency, texture, shelf life and appearance. But we should not forget that all foods that are high in cholesterol, saturated and trans fats may affect the level of cholesterol in the blood, which in turn increases the likelihood of developing heart disease. Therefore, both children and adults is not only to buy low-fat snacks, but learn how to cook their own, especially because it's very simple.
- Choose snacks containing complex carbohydrates, such as peanut oil, cheese or low-fat yoghurt. Forget about foods high in simple carbohydrates and glucose, for example, sweets, sweet water, and the like.
- When buying any product, read the information on the packaging (the ingredients, shelf life).
- Granola bar (poslaschennoy oatmeal with nuts and raisins) may contain trans fats, but it is considered a great healthy snack. Check out the information on the packaging.
- Choose snacks with such a combination of ingredients that provides the body with the necessary amount of carbohydrates (providing energy), protein (slowing down the release of sugar into the blood, thus preserving energy), fiber (causing a feeling of fullness) and healthy unsaturated fats.
Fresh fruit, raw vegetables, nuts, crackers or bread made from whole-wheat flour, low-fat popcorn and cheese - that's the best healthy snacks recommended by dietitians. Several fruit, vegetable pieces, a small number of nucleoli of nuts, low-fat popcorn priperchenny and cheese - that's quite affordable and healthy snacks.
Other simple low-fat snacks.
- Corn chips or tortillas, cooked properly.
- Bagels flour from whole grains with natural peanut butter
- Wheat crackers with salsa
- Mid-size muffin with bran
- Hard-boiled egg with salt, pepper and mustard
- Pretzel, banana
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
or celery with natural peanut butter
- Raw vegetables with hummus, yogurt or low-fat cheese
- Fresh fruit with yogurt
- Cocktail with yoghurt, ice and slices of fresh fruit (smoothie) (try different combinations)
- Finely chop the celery and tuna fillets, seasoned with low-fat mayonnaise
- Pita stuffed with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber with low-fat dressing
- Ready-to-eat cereals from whole grain flour and soy milk
- Low-fat popcorn, low-fat cheese, low-fat yogurt, rice cakes - excellent snack after dinner.
- Apple slices, grapes or berries with honey
- Raw vegetables with low-fat of any type sauce
- Pretzels, popcorn, noodles, rice cakes
- Milkshake (low-fat milk) with a banana, berries or grapes, milk can be replaced with low-fat yogurt or orange juice.
Secrets of cooking low-fat snacks
- Low-fat snacks are not necessarily have to be tasteless. You can prepare your own healthy low-fat snacks that can treat your friends and relatives.
- In order not to use sunflower or olive oil, cook in a pan with non-stick coating.
- Instead of frying vegetables or fish in the pan, use a microwave oven - so you can do without oil.
- Mozzarella average hardness fibrous cheese (cheese roll) curds contain little fat as compared with other kinds of cheese.
- Replace the cheese from cow's milk cheese from goat's milk - it contains less fat.
- Try to choose low-fat potato or tortilla chips
- For sandwiches, use bread flour from whole grains.
- Try often have hot and cold cereal noodles - they contain virtually no fat.
- Margarine, butter, mayonnaise and sour cream-based sauces, replace the yogurt and spices.
- Replace fatty sauces seasonings, spices and low-fat marinades.
- If you need to use eggs, two egg whites to replace one whole better egg.
- Sour cream is better to replace a simple low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Baking, roasting on an open fire and roasting - that's the healthiest ways to prepare poultry.