- Linseed oil - the healing properties of a beautiful flower
- Features of use
- Contraindications and side effects
- Antibacterial properties
- For hair
- For the skin
- For eyes
Linseed oil is obtained from the seeds of flax (Linum usitatissimum). Flaxseed oil is widely used in the national economy, industry (from a quick-prepared paints, varnishes, liquid desiccants, linoleum and oil paints) and medicine (both internally and in the form of ointments and rubbing)
Linseed oil is used to treat many diseases, but there is insufficient evidence to prove or disprove its effectiveness. However, it is known that flaxseed oil does not cure rheumatoid arthritis
Arthritis - a variety of forms and complications
and does not reduce the blood levels of fats (cholesterol and triglycerides).
Linseed oil is used to treat the following diseases:
- coronary artery disease;
- hypertension (high blood pressure);
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- infectious diseases of genitals at women;
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Also linseed oil is used as a laxative for constipation, for the prevention of cancer (breast cancer and prostate cancer), and weight loss. In modern cosmetology linseed oil is used in masks for skin and hair due to its high content of vitamins and anti-aging, soothing, antibacterial properties. In the food industry the linseed oil used in the production of margarine and other edible fats.
The secret to the effectiveness of flaxseed oil
Linseed oil is obtained from flax seeds by cold pressing, so the oil retains its medicinal properties and can be used for medicinal purposes. The biological value of the oil from flaxseed ranks first among the other food oils and contains a lot of useful substances for the organism (polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamins F, A, E, B, K, saturated fatty acids (10% stock).
Flax seed oil - a great source of valuable polyunsaturated fatty acid Omega-3 and Omega-6 (our body can not synthesize these fats on their own). The linseed oil content of omega-3 to 2 times higher than in the fish oil, and significantly higher than in other food products. Once in the body, omega-3 and omega-6 are introduced into the cell structure, and further a positive effect on cell activity, the rate of transmission of nerve impulses. It is due to the high content of Omega-3 and Omega-6 flax seed oil helps to normalize metabolic processes in the body.
Flaxseed oil is ineffective:
- By lowering the fat content in the blood (hyperlipidemia). Some studies have shown that consumption of linseed oil insignificant effect on cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- In the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Daily consumption of flaxseed oil for three months does not affect the course of the disease, it does not reduce the pain and other symptoms of arthritis, which is confirmed by the results of analyzes and laboratory tests.
The effectiveness of flaxseed oil has not been proven:
- In the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): flaxseed oil improves concentration, lowers the activity and impulsive behavior, and increases self-control in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- In the treatment of atherosclerosis: there is evidence that an increase in the content of linolenic acid in the diet helps prevent atherosclerosis (narrowing of the blood vessel walls). Flaxseed contains linolenic acid, and for this reason, some doctors recommend taking flax seed for the prevention of atherosclerosis. The assumption about the benefits of flaxseed oil in the prevention of atherosclerosis seems logical, but the scientific evidence is not yet available.
- In the treatment of breast cancer: studies have shown that women with a high content of alpha-linolenic acid in breast tissue are at less risk of breast cancer. According to scientists, regular intake of linolenic acid may protect against cancer. Flax seed oil - a great natural source of linolenic acid, but it is not known exactly how increased consumption of flax seed oil can reduce the risk of cancer.
- In the treatment of cardiovascular disease: there is evidence that people suffering from heart failure and cardiovascular disease, taking an alpha-linolenic acid in larger amounts, less risk of deterioration of the disease. Flaxseed oil - one of the sources of linolenic acid, and scientists do not know exactly how the consumption of flaxseed oil affects the cardiovascular system. It is also not known if dietary supplement flaxseed oil have the same effect on the body as the linseed oil in its natural form.
- In the treatment of diabetes: according to studies, flaxseed oil does not lower blood sugar
Blood sugar - one of the main indicators of human health
patients with type 2 diabetes.
- In the treatment of dry eye: pre-clinical studies have shown that consumption of linseed oil may reduce inflammation and other symptoms of dry eye. In particular, for the treatment of dry eye doctors recommend taking a special supplement containing flaxseed oil and fish oil
Fish oil - so whether it is useful to think?
. It eliminates the symptoms of dry eye and contributes to tearing.
- In the treatment of high-pressure study showed that dietary supplements of linseed oil to help reduce blood pressure in men with normal blood pressure, but elevated blood cholesterol. It remains to wait for the results of studies showing that flaxseed oil lowers blood pressure and hypertension.
- In the treatment of prostate cancer: the results of research can not make an unambiguous conclusion about the benefits of flaxseed oil and alpha-linolenic acid in the treatment of prostate cancer
. According to some epidemiological studies, regular supplementation of alpha-linolenic acid increases the risk of prostate cancer
. Other studies refute this information, but indicate that increased intake of alpha-linolenic acid can impair the flow of prostate cancer
. Of great importance is the source of alpha-linolenic acid
. Thus, alpha-linolenic acid derived from milk and meat products, a positive effect on prostate cancer
. But alpha-linolenic acid obtained from plant sources, including linseed oil, does not affect the risk of prostate cancer
- When anxiety
Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease?
- When constipation;
- In the treatment of cancer;
- When losing weight;
Flaxseed oil is safe for adult consumption, provided for a short period.
Taking large doses of linseed oil (30 grams or more per day) may cause more frequent stools and diarrhea. Also, the consumption of flaxseed oil not possible occurrence of allergic reactions.