Flaxseed: the scheme of use and contraindications - Cautions and Warnings
November 12, 2011
- Flaxseed: the scheme of use and contraindications
- Cautions and Warnings
- Interaction with Drug
Cautions and Warnings
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Flax seed may be hazardous to the health of the fetus, as by the action of a hormone similar to estrogen. According to some studies, intake of flax seed in the second and third trimester may increase the risk of early birth, so expectant mothers should avoid consumption of flaxseed. There are no data on how much of flaxseed is safe for infants and nursing mothers. Therefore it is better not to take risks and to refrain from taking flaxseed during breastfeeding.
Bleeding disorders (hemorrhagic gemostaziopatii)
Flaxseed slows blood clotting and therefore may increase the risk of major bleeding in patients with bleeding disorders. If you are among them, before taking flaxseed oil
Linseed oil - the healing properties of a beautiful flower
Consult a physician.
According to some reports, flaxseed may lower blood sugar levels
Blood sugar - a very important indicator
- One of the main indicators of human health
And also increase the effects of drugs against diabetes, lowering blood sugar. But in this case there is a danger that the blood sugar level can reach critically low levels. Therefore, diabetics should take flaxseed with extreme caution, regularly checking the blood picture.
When intestinal obstruction, narrowing of the esophagus or bowel inflammation should refrain from the consumption of flaxseed. Fiber, which in large quantities found in flaxseed, will only aggravate the problem.
Cancers associated with hormonal imbalance
as flaxseed for action similar to the hormone estrogen
Estrogen - the key to bone health
, It is believed that its consumption may contribute to worsening of diseases caused by hormonal imbalance. Such diseases include breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis and uterine fibroids. However, according to a number of laboratory tests involving animals, linseed may counteract estrogen and thus help in the treatment and prevention of cancer, caused by hormones. But, nevertheless, patients with cancer of this type should not take flaxseed in large quantities.
High triglyceride levels
Partially defatted flaxseed (flaxseed with reduced alpha-linolenic acid) may increase the level of triglycerides (fats) in the blood. If you have high triglycerides, do not take flaxseed.
Immunity folk remedies - simple truths
August 17, 2014
Immunity folk remedies known since ancient times and is popular to this day. This is understandable, because many plants are able to bring enormous benefits to the human body for its healing properties, so why not use them.
Folk remedies for strengthening the immune system are very diverse, as well as methods for their use.
This plant is for many centuries used in folk medicine in many countries. It is unpretentious, easy to grow, and it has a mass of useful properties, and some of these people are probably still to be discovered. The composition comprises a different amino acid aloe and essential oils, vitamin C, B1, B3, B4, B6, vitamin E, beta-carotene and numerous enzymes. Aloe, among other medicinal properties, has the ability to strengthen the immune system, protecting against viral and bacterial infections, and even reducing the likelihood of developing cancer.
In folk medicine, aloe
Aloe - its amazing healing properties
for immunity is used as follows. A few leaves of the plant are ground in a blender, mince or rubbed on a fine grater and pour water. In one glass of water should be two or three leaves of aloe medium size. After a couple of hours, strain the water through a fine sieve - the drink is ready for use. Drink half a cup of drink three times a day before meals. Do not keep it longer than two days - it will start to lose their useful properties. Since aloe drink with a bitter taste, it is recommended to mix with honey.
In addition, there are various folk recipes for immunity with aloe and different vegetable juices. For example, aloe juice (no more than one tablespoon) can be mixed with fresh juice of cucumber, beet, celery, and so on. The taste of the drink will be a kind and those who are accustomed to the sweet fruit juices, it may initially not like it. But it is very useful, and regularly using it in the winter and early spring, you can go through the cold season without colds and flu.
The needles of pine and spruce
The needles of pine and spruce has long been used to enhance the immune system - especially in the northern regions of the earth. Put two tablespoons of fir or pine needles in small saucepan, pour a cup of cold water and bring to a boil. Boil the broth over low heat for 10-20 minutes, then allow to stand for at least half an hour and strain. Drink one cup of broth per day for three weeks. Then you need to take a break - at least two weeks, after which the course can be repeated.
Even our ancestors autumn cranberries harvested in the swamps, and in winter used to treat and prevent colds and other diseases. In that berries contain citric and benzoic acid (thanks to them cranberry perfectly preserved if its just cover with water and place in a tightly closed container), vitamin C (it cranberries almost as much as oranges and lemons), B vitamins, vitamin K, bioflavonoids, copper, iron, manganese and zinc. To strengthen the immune system, just drink three or four glasses of cranberry juice a week. You can also add cranberries to yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, fruit salads.
Herbs for immunity
- One of the most useful herbs for immunity - Echinacea; it not only has a stimulating effect on the immune system, but also protects the body from viral, bacterial and fungal infections and can also be used to treat them. To strengthen the immune system, it is possible to take pills and candy with Echinacea or drink decoctions of this plant.
- Pharmacy daisy - great medicinal plant used for the treatment and prevention of various infectious diseases. In the season of colds and flu it is recommended to drink at least three cups of chamomile pharmacy in the week.
- Hibiscus - exotic tea from the flowers of which is becoming increasingly popular in the Nordic countries. It is a natural multivitamin, as part of which have vitamin A, B vitamins, including folic acid, vitamin D, and other nutrients. Due to the high concentration of antioxidants hibiscus tea strengthens the immune system and improves skin tone and reduces the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
- Ginseng is probably one of the most famous plants to strengthen the immune system and healing the body as a whole. Take supplements with ginseng in therapeutic and prophylactic purposes is possible only after consultation with your doctor.
In folk medicine commonly used tinctures for immunity on the basis of the above medicinal herbs. You can also prepare and adopt a mixture of several infusions.
For example, to increase the body's resistance to infections, as well as for the treatment and prevention of colds and flu can be prepared in such a remedy: Mix equal amounts of the tinctures of echinacea, licorice, thoroughwax golden and eteurokokka prickly (sometimes called Siberian ginseng), and pour the infusion in clean glass container with a tight lid. Take one tablespoon of tincture a day, for three consecutive weeks. After this course may be repeated with an interval of at least one week.
- Garlic - an effective tool for strengthening immunity. In addition, it contains many vitamins and minerals, and can kill about thirty species of bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi. In cold weather, we recommend regularly eat fresh garlic
Garlic health: almost a panacea
- It can be added to salads and other dishes, mixed with honey, or is simply wrong.
- Ginger. To strengthen the immune system, enough for at least four times a week to drink tea with a few slices of fresh ginger root. Just put in the cup a pinch of tea leaves (it can be herbs, green or black tea), ginger
Ginger and the most unexpected, but pleasant useful properties
And pour boiling water. After ten minutes the tea is ready to drink.
Remember that pregnant and lactating women, and people with chronic diseases of strengthening the immune system
Strengthening the immune system - help the immune system
folk remedies should be carried out only with the permission of the doctor.