Diseases of the spine and large joints are one of the main causes of disability and disability in the population. Not least in this process takes a painful muscle spasm that occurs in the area of the lesion - it increases the pain and promotes persistent movement disorders.
How does sirdalud
Sirdalud - a drug that has the ability to shoot a spasm of skeletal muscles, that is, the capacity for muscle relaxation. The drug affects the centers in the spinal cord to suppress the release of excitatory amino acids in the synapses (compound places sprouting of nerve cells, which occurs in the transmission of nerve impulses). As a result, the transmission of nerve impulses is inhibited, which leads to a relaxation of the muscles. Sirdalud is also easy analgesic effect.
Available drug tablets which are quickly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract (the pills independent of the meal - is not penalized for drug absorption), enter the bloodstream and enter the spinal cord. Thereafter sirdalud decomposed in the liver to inactive metabolites (metabolic products) and excreted through the kidneys. Therefore, patients with severe kidney disease, accompanied by violation of their functions sirdalud used with caution - it is more slowly eliminated from the body.
Who can receive sirdalud and contraindications for its reception
Sirdalud take on prescription in the muscle spasms that occur mainly in neurological diseases:
- if spastic condition caused by disease of the spine and large joints, accompanied by severe pain;
- in functional disorders of the spine and large joints, which are accompanied by muscle spasm without any organic (in violation of the structure) changes in these organs;
- after surgery on the spine and large joints, which are accompanied by muscle spasm, hampering movement and post-operative rehabilitation;
- in severe, long flowing neurological diseases (multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, stroke), which are accompanied by spasms of skeletal muscles;
Admission sirdalud contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity to the drug;
- in severe liver diseases in violation of its functions;
- in children - there is no experience with sirdalud in children as clinical studies in children have not been conducted;
- while feeding the baby
Breastfeeding - a personal choice
FEEDING - medication in small amounts excreted in mother's milk.
Care should be taken when appointing sirdalud patients with severe kidney disease, accompanied by violation of their functions, pregnant women (pregnant women in the appointment of a doctor every time individually, decide to use it).
It is not necessary to apply sirdalud simultaneously with drugs that contribute to lower blood pressure - the pressure may drop too much.
Sirdalud can produce side effects such as fatigue, weakness, drowsiness, absent-mindedness, therefore patients who experience such changes during treatment sirdalud should not engage in activities that require high concentration and speed of reaction (eg, driving).
Side effects sirdalud
In addition to the main action has sirdalud side:
- the central nervous system - drowsiness or insomnia, lethargy, weakness, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system - a slight decrease in blood pressure;
- the part of the digestive system - dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
, Time (during the dosing), liver problems, sometimes - acute hepatitis
Hepatitis - the scourge of our time
Admission medium therapeutic doses sirdalud transferred, as a rule, the patient is well. But the appointment of large doses sirdalud required to remove the existing long-term muscle spasm, a side effect of the drug can occur frequently.
Is it possible to overdose sirdalud
Yes, it is possible. Taking large doses of any effective drug may lead to an overdose. In overdose sirdalud appear the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, decreased blood pressure (especially if the patient receives some other antihypertensives), dizziness, sleep disturbances expressed
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
, Pupillary constriction (miosis), violation of the respiratory function and even coma.
In case of overdose, you should immediately call an ambulance, but before its arrival better to own stomach wash and drink 4 - 5 tablets of activated charcoal.
Sirdalud - effective medication, which is why when it is received and the possible side effects of an overdose.