Asparkam - instruction: to help heart
January 22, 2012
Asparkam - a drug that contains ions of potassium and magnesium, restoring the normal functioning of the heart. Thus the main active ingredient is potassium, while magnesium favors the penetration of potassium into the cells. But magnesium is not "sitting idle": it is involved in many biochemical reactions.
Mechanism of action
Asparkam (potassium aspartate, magnesium aspartate +) - a domestic product, reducing the content of potassium in the heart muscle. Available asparkam tablets and solution for injection in vials. Various pharmaceutical companies poizvodyatsya following analogues asparkama: aspangin, asparkad, asparkam-L, asparkam-ICCO, asparkam Ros, asparkam-UBF, asparkam-Farmak, asparkam-Verein, potassium and magnesium aspartate, magnesium potassium-aspartate, KMA Berlin Chemie, pamaton, Pananginum.
Potassium ions are mostly within tissue cells, including cells in the heart muscle (myocardium) outside the cells in the extracellular space is primarily sodium. Movable interaction therebetween called sodium-potassium pump - this mechanism maintains the osmotic pressure inside cells. But in order to potassium-sodium pump was working, I need energy.
Asparkam contains potassium that restocking of intracellular potassium and magnesium salts, which are involved in many enzymatic reactions and is the supplier of the energy required for operation of the sodium-potassium pump. In addition, magnesium is involved in controlling balance of intracellular potassium as magnesium aspartate promotes the transfer of potassium and magnesium ions through the membrane into the cells. Inside the cell, potassium ions and magnesium are involved in the metabolic process.
Especially potassium necessary for operation of the heart muscle. It slows the conduction of excitation in the muscle fibers of the myocardium and reduces its excitability, that is, has antiarrhythmic effects (normalize heart rhythm). Especially asparkama shows an application in the case when patients constantly receiving large doses of the cardiac glycosides - it prevents complications (mainly arrhythmias) overdose of cardiac glycosides.
The main application asparkam found in disorders of heart rhythm.
Indications and contraindications
Asparkam prescribed in the following cases:
- while reducing the amount of potassium in the blood (hypokalemia) in patients receiving diuretics, which contribute to its removal from the body (e.g., furosemide);
- at lower levels of potassium and magnesium of different origin;
- to improve metabolism in the myocardium at different heart diseases - coronary heart disease, arrhythmias of various origin (including those caused by taking cardiac glycosides), heart failure (when the heart muscle is unable to cope with their work).
Contraindications asparkama are:
- severe kidney disease violations of their function - it can cause a delay in the body of potassium, which is very dangerous;
- high content of potassium and magnesium in the blood, caused by different reasons;
- dehydration and serious metabolic disorders
Metabolism: The basis of life of all living things
Which lead to a change in the acidity of tissue;
- conduction disturbances (heart block) - potassium delays conduction of nerve impulses to the muscle fibers of the myocardium (heart depresses automaticity);
- myasthenia gravis - muscle weakness;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
During pregnancy and nursing
Breastfeeding - a personal choice
breast asparkam prescribed with caution and only when indicated.
Asparkam - a drug which at therapeutic doses is generally well tolerated, but there may be the following side effects:
- from the gastrointestinal tract - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
, Bloating, dry mouth;
- the part of the circulatory system - conduction abnormalities in the heart muscle (heart block), sometimes by intravenous administration - a paradoxical reaction in the form of gains cardiac arrhythmia, drop in blood pressure;
- the central nervous system - dizziness
Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet
- muscle weakness, feeling tired;
- by intravenous administration - blood clots and inflammation of the walls of the veins.
Overdose asparkama dangerous only when it is administered intravenously. At the same time there are pronounced dry mouth, flushing, muscle weakness, fatigue, paresis, convulsive readiness, respiratory failure, low blood pressure, a paradoxical reaction in the form of cardiac arrhythmias, coma.
Treatment occasion in the hospital by introducing solutions antagonists, potassium - sodium and calcium salts. In severe cases, blood purification using artificial kidney.
Asparkam - a drug long used successfully in the treatment of heart disease.
Diet and heart disease: the basic strategies of proper nutrition
April 1, 2007
- Diet and heart disease: the basic strategies of proper nutrition
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
Maintaining a healthy weight and regular physical activity are crucial to a healthy heart. Experts say that a healthy diet
Healthy eating - do not limit yourself to eating
It may reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke by 80%. How exactly you need to eat in order to avoid meeting with a cardiologist?
Exclude from the diet of saturated fats and trans fats
Of all the changes you can make in your diet for heart health, the greatest benefit is likely to bring limiting consumption of saturated fats from the diet and the elimination of trans fats. These fats increase the level of LDL-cholesterol, so-called "bad" cholesterol in the blood and increased risk of heart attack
Heart disease and heart attacks: that every woman should know
Stroke - a serious brain injury
. To the diet was a minimal amount of harmful fats, stick to the following rules:
- Limit your intake of "solid fats" - such as butter and margarine. Cooking in most cases can be vegetable oil, and sandwiches are very good without oil. In addition, cut off visible fat from meat - or just buy a lean meat.
- If possible, buy products with low fat content. Low-fat cottage cheese, yogurt, milk tastes do not differ much from the more fat counterparts, but they are much more useful for the heart.
- Change your habits. Avoid high-calorie snacks - pastries, chips, chocolate bars. Fruits, berries, vegetables and dried fruits also satisfy hunger and do not harm the heart.
Not all fats are bad for the heart
Some fats are essential for heart health. These include:
- Omega 3. These nutrients rich in marine fish; moreover, they are contained in flaxseed, canola oil and walnut.
- Omega 6. Their sources are vegetable oils, soy, and high seed.
- Monounsaturated fats, which are rich in almonds
Use almond: Fertility symbol of peace
, Cashew, peanut, avocado oil and of various nuts.
Other tips for diet, useful heart:
- Limit consumption of canned and refined foods. They contain a lot of salt, fat and other substances that are potentially dangerous to the health of the heart.
- Use as little salt. Solite only ready-made meals, if possible, replace the salt and spices. Nature gave us a lot of herbs that can help you discover new facets of taste; taking care of your health - a good reason to see this.
- Change the cooking methods. First of all, for the sake of the health of the heart need to give up fried foods. Furthermore, it should be possible to limit the amount of fat that you use during cooking.
- Eat breakfast cereal porridges. Mothers and grandmothers, as often happens, they were right: porridge - it's really very helpful. Grain not only contain a lot of nutrients, but also provide a feeling of satiety for a long time, which reduces the likelihood of overeating during the day.
- Do not overeat. Regular consumption of excessive amounts of food has many negative effects, including - is bad for heart health. To avoid overeating, do not eat in front of a TV, a computer or a book. When you focus only on food, it's easier just to feel satiety. In addition, it is strongly recommended to eat small meals four or five times a day, instead of the usual three. So you do not have time very hungry, and it will be easier to control your appetite.