How to behave during birth - does not harm the baby
April 29, 2010
Every pregnant woman long before the birth should be clear idea about how they will proceed. This is necessary to ensure that a woman in labor during childbirth could act as required by one or the other stage of labor, that is, at the same pace with an obstetrician gynecologist, a generic process and helping your child.
Preparing for childbirth
Preparation for childbirth is better to start from the first days of pregnancy
The first days of pregnancy - taking care of the kid from the first minute
. It should include psychological training, special gymnastic exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles and learning proper breathing during labor.
Psychological preparation - is to get a clear idea of what is happening in the body of the pregnant during pregnancy and childbirth, as well as the woman can assist in this process. A woman learns to fully relax and listen to the changes in his body. Such a development of intuition - a key step in preparing women for childbirth, as the nature has endowed women are able to correctly pick up the signs, which causes her body.
Gymnastic exercises strengthen the muscles of the abdomen and pelvis - strong muscles need a woman in childbirth. So do not give up the complex of exercises proposed in the antenatal clinic.
It is also important to learn how to properly manage breathing during labor and to consolidate the skills learned in the subconscious. For that to happen, you need a lot of training, as long as the transition to controlled breathing becomes easy and almost automatic.
So during pregnancy you have done a great job - to prepare themselves for the birth, now comes the next stage, during which the acquired knowledge and skills to be applied during delivery.
How to behave during the first stage of labor
The first stage of labor - a bout - regular contractions of the uterine muscle, which contribute to the disclosure of the birth canal, primarily - cervix. This is a very important period, it lasts longer than the others, especially at first birth. During labor a woman is experiencing a lot of pain, and the child is suffering from a lack of oxygen, as it reduces the uterine muscles compress the blood vessels. This condition is called fetal hypoxia, it is fraught with bad consequences: the baby's brain is very sensitive to lack of oxygen. Therefore the correct behavior of the mother during this period depends largely on the health of the child.
First of all, I prepared to leave the woman should not be perceived as something terrible. You must set yourself on the fact that birth - a celebration of the first meeting with the child. In order not to spoil the holiday, you must:
- remember that at the first muscle contractions do not need to panic and go to the maternity hospital, it is enough to visit the antenatal clinic; the first muscle spasms sometimes begin a month before the birth and are called predictive; closer to the genera appear false labor, which differ from the true fact that they are not regular; in the maternity ward should be sent when the contractions start to repeat with regularity at least once every 15 minutes;
- when a false move more fights better (for example, walking in the fresh air), because the child suffers less from a lack of oxygen, and quickly approaching childbirth;
- as soon as the contractions become regular, you need to "include" proper controlled breathing, better to start with a slow: slow breath through your nose, longer exhale through the mouth, holding the breath for a few seconds; if such rate does not reduce the pain, you can move to the surface light breath: quick inhale and exhale (breathe like a dog); after the termination of the fight you need to go to a regular rhythm of breathing.
- labor pain can be reduced by special techniques: lying on his back, on a background of deep breaths palms of both hands stroke the side surface of the abdomen during the fight; You can also against the background of deep breathing, lying on her side, stroking the sacro-lumbar region - it reduces pain and improves blood flow to the uterus; and another method - to press the thumbs point on the inner surface of the pelvis (unless, of course, the admission of women has been shown to advance women's clinic).
How to behave during the second and third stage of labor
The second stage of labor - it attempts (prolonged muscle contractions of the uterus) and the expulsion of the fetus through the birth canal open. Prepared woman knows that you can only begin to push with the doctor's permission, as attempts are sometimes begin before birth canal completely open. During this period, the woman should:
- deter attempts until the birth canal is not fully open; This will help her breathing techniques: at the beginning of attempts to do breath, then take a deep breath, and then - the three parts of the surface of inhalation and exhalation; repeated this trick several times, until after attempts;
- most attempts to strengthen when the birth canal is completely open (with the permission of obstetrician); for this first attempts need a few deep inhale and exhale, then inhale, gently exhale, hold your breath and push for a few seconds (the longer, the better), and then fully exhale, inhale and repeat all over again until the last attempts, then go to normal breathing.
The third stage - the birth of the placenta (placenta), it usually takes half an hour after the baby is born and does not require much effort from the mothers.
Remember, by your behavior during delivery depends on the child!
- how to behave during childbirth
Cord entanglement - not as scary as it sounds
August 1st, 2010
How often during pregnancy, expectant mothers feel anxious, anxiety and fear about their baby and possible complications during childbirth. One such "horror" is the umbilical cord entanglement. Hearing after the procedure, ultrasound conclusion: "cord entanglement", pregnant women begin to prepare for a cesarean section, not listening to the doctors, scared and only exacerbate their concerns. While entwining itself does not carry 100% of danger and meets approximately every fifth child born.
What is the umbilical cord?
Umbilical cord - this is the "thread", which provides the link between mother and child. In itself it is strand length of 45-60 centimeters, which includes the three blood vessels, of which two arteries, and the third - Vienna. Mounted on one end of the cord to the placenta, and the other to the fetal umbilical ring. Fully sformirovyvaetsya the cord to 12-14 weeks of pregnancy, and then only grows. The umbilical cord plays a huge role in the life of the unborn child, because through the umbilical vein he received oxygen and all nutrients, and waste products are derived through the arteries.
What is cord entanglement?
Cord entanglement can be around the neck and / or limbs of the fetus. There are also the multiplicity of entanglement: single, double or multiple. If the cord entanglement occurred around something one example, the handle of the fetus, then talk about an isolated entwining. If the entanglement has occurred multiple locations (neck and extremities) - a combination entanglement. Celebrating just as strongly expressed entanglement, that is, tight or loosely. The most common single, loosely isolated entanglement around the neck of the fetus.
The causes of cord entanglement is still not established. But identified predisposing factors of this phenomenon. It is believed that entwined contributes to fetal movement. It may be associated with fetal hypoxia (oxygen starvation) baby, mum stress reactions (adrenaline in the blood), oligohydramnios or polyhydramnios (little child or vice versa plenty of room for movement) and a long cord (65 centimeters).
Of course, the suspicion of cord entanglement may indicate the fact of intrauterine hypoxia. This is clearly seen in the cardiotocography (CTG), which investigated the fetal heart rate and physical activity. Then, a fetal ultrasound, which revealed the presence of loops of umbilical cord around the neck of the fetus. To confirm the diagnosis of cord entanglement additionally appointed color Doppler study. But of cord entanglement is to say only after 37 weeks of pregnancy. It is known that entanglement may occur as well, and the "unwound".
Possible complications in childbirth with cord entanglement
The most important and serious complication in childbirth with cord entanglement - is intrauterine fetal hypoxia. Especially, it can manifest itself in the second period, during attempts, when the child is trying to pass through the birth canal, stretches shortened due to cord entanglement, thereby squeezing the loop it around his neck. Also, in the process of birth, due to the tension of the umbilical cord, it may cause premature detachment of the placenta (placenta during childbirth and leaves only some time after the birth of the fetus). In addition, short umbilical cord may interfere with the proper insertion of the head (it is normal flexion) and lead to the extensor.
Keeping births cord entanglement
A misconception that all pregnant women with cord entanglement undergo cesarean section. It all depends on the nature of entanglement, the state of the baby during labor and delivery of the period. Competent doctors and midwives are usually no problems coping with this phenomenon. It is important to listen to the baby's heartbeat during labor every half hour, and in the second stage of labor after each attempts. If there are signs of fetal hypoxia and its build-up in the first period, of course, will be completed births by caesarean section. During the attempts doctor will try to accelerate the process of expulsion of the fetus episiotomy (incision of the perineum), and the midwife at the birth of the head prohibit push and quickly release the neck of the baby from the umbilical cord loops.
Of course, you need to avoid the factors that lead to oxygen starvation of baby. Firstly, quit
How to Quit Smoking: Tips for Women
. Second, how you can spend more time outdoors. Third, do breathing exercises. Of course, to try to protect themselves from stress and to implement the recommendations of the doctor.