Rigevidon - not recommended for women after forty
June 21, 2009
- Rigevidon - not recommended for women after forty
- Indications and contraindications
Rigevidon - kind of preparation: estrogen. Used for: hormone replacement therapy, anti-osteoporosis, menstrual disorders, prostate cancer. Dosage Form: Tablet.
The preparation consists of ethinyl estradiol - a synthetic analogue of the female hormone estrogen and levonorgestrel - a synthetic analogue of the female hormone progesterone. Rigevidon may be used for the treatment of dysmenorrhea (menstrual irregularities) and to prevent pregnancy.
Rigevidon can be used as gormonazmestitelnoy therapy in women who lack of estrogen. It can be as a woman in menopause, and younger women with disorders of the ovary.
During menopause, a woman has reduced the level of female hormones. Usually the menopause occurs between 45 and 55 years, but may be earlier or later. Rigevidon can be used for hormone replacement, and relief of symptoms associated with menopause such as hot flushes, excess sweating, dryness of the vagina
Vaginal dryness: Causes and Symptoms
And to protect against osteoporosis. However, for the treatment of osteoporosis should first try other means.
Estrogen is present in smaller quantities and in the male body. Rigevidon may be used to treat prostate cancer.
Before you start taking Rigevidon, tell your doctor:
- If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breast-feeding.
- If you have a breast tumor was breast cancer or someone from your family I was sick this type of cancer.
- If you have had endometriosis and endometrial hyperplasia
- If you or a close relative had venous thrombosis or arterial disease.
- If you have ever had a transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke), stroke, or heart attack.
- If you have liver problems, including the Dubin-Johnson or Rotor.
- If you have heart disease
- If you have been itching, jaundice or a chorea
- If you have hyperprolactinemia, kidney problems, inflammatory bowel disease or varicose veins.
- If you have diabetes
Diabetes - threatening and incurable disease
, Porphyria, gallstones or migraine.
- If you have abnormal growth of the pituitary gland.
- If you or your family had hypertriglyceridemia (high levels of lipids in the blood).
- If you have had depression.
- If you wanton vaginal bleeding.
- If you have limited mobility.
- If you smoke.
- If you are taking any medications, including OTC medications, nutritional supplements and herbs.
- If you have had an allergic reaction to any medication.
How to take rigevidon
Before taking read the instructions carefully. Discuss with your doctor on which days of the menstrual cycle
The days of the menstrual cycle: Four phases
you should take rigevidon.
- Take it only as recommended by your doctor.
- Try to take the medicine at the same time so as not to miss the reception.
- If you forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as remembered, unless the time has come to take the next dose (in this case should not be taken more and missed). Do not increase the dosage.
- If you suspect a pregnancy, stop taking the drug and contact your doctor immediately.
- See your doctor regularly to make sure the medicine is working.
- Regularly breast self-examination and do not miss preventive examinations for breast and cervical cancer.
- If you have an operation or dental treatment, tell your doctor what medications you are taking.
- If you are going to take some other drugs, ask the pharmacist if they do not come into interaction.
- If you have to travel with long periods of immobility (flight over five hours), it increases the risk of dangerous side effects - blood circulation disorders, in rare cases - thrombosis. To avoid this, while traveling to exercise and use a compression garment.
Can rigevidon cause problems?
Further beneficial effects, the drug may cause side effects. This does not happen with everyone who receives it. Typically, over time, the side effects are when the body privknet to the drug. But if side effects last long or highly anxious, consult a doctor.
Possible side effects and their control measures
- Nausea, stomach cramps. There is often little better simple food.
- Headache. Ask the pharmacy suitable analgesic. If the headache is very strong and begins suddenly, consult a doctor.
- Dizziness. If this symptom bothers you, try to refrain from driving cars or any other potentially dangerous activities.
- Irregular bleeding. If bleeding continues, consult a doctor.
- Dry eye. If you wear contact lenses, consult with an ophthalmologist
- High blood pressure, or an increase in breast tenderness, weight changes, fluid retention, irritability, changes in sex drive, mood swings, vulvovaginitis (thrush), leg cramps, involuntary movements, brown spots on the skin. If you are worried about any of these symptoms, consult a doctor.
Important: if you feel severe pain in the chest
Chest pain is one symptom - a lot of diseases
, Shortness of breath, swelling, or pain in the legs, severe pain in the stomach, very strong headache, lose consciousness, feel numb half of the body, notice jaundice, loss of vision or hearing, can not swallow - seek immediate medical help.
How to store rigevidon
Store in a cool, dry, dark place, out of reach of children.
Postinor - User: means of emergency contraception
December 5, 2011
Postinor is a hormonal contraceptive intended for emergency prevention of pregnancy. In contrast to the combined hormonal contraceptives, it contains only one substance - synthetic analogue of the female hormone progesterone levonorgestrel.
Mechanism of action
Postinor (active ingredient - levonorgestrel) - a post-coital hormonal contraceptive for oral administration, which issued the Hungarian pharmaceutical company Gedeon Richter in tablets of 750 mg for oral administration.
Postinor for emergency prevention of pregnancy, it inhibits the action of the female sex hormones estrogen and has a pronounced effect is similar to the natural female sex hormone progesterone. Its constituent synthetic analogue of progesterone levonorgestrel is the most studied drug of this series, it is used in other combined oral contraceptive.
The mechanism of action of Postinor is based on the fact that it inhibits ovulation and fertilization if intercourse occurred in the pre-ovulatory phase, when the possibility of fertilization is greatest increases the viscosity of the mucus of the cervical canal (prevents the penetration of sperm), and inhibits proliferation of the mucous membrane of the uterus, resulting in inability to attaching to the uterine wall of a fertilized egg. If the introduction of a fertilized egg in the uterine wall has already occurred, it postinor becomes ineffective as all progestins suppress the motor activity of muscles of the uterus.
It is believed that using Postinor pregnancy can be prevented by an average of 85%. The most effective drug exhibits when administered within the first days or even hours - the efficiency in this case is almost one hundred percent. But the next day, and even more, through two of its effectiveness is reduced, it makes sense to take it no later than three days after intercourse.
If you apply postinor
Postinor - used very carefully!
in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, it has no significant impact on the process of blood clotting and metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
Who and how appointed
Postinor is recommended to take after unprotected sex or unsafe method used contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
In the first two days after intercourse taking two tablets at intervals of between 12 - 16 hours, with a better start taking postinor immediately after sexual intercourse. If for three hours after the first or the second tablet vomited need to take extra tablet. Postinor reception does not depend on the day of the menstrual cycle
The days of the menstrual cycle: Four phases
, You only need to exclude pregnancy.
After receiving Postinor until the next menstrual bleeding it is recommended to use barrier methods of contraception (eg, condoms, a cap on the cervix). Using Postinor with repeated unprotected sex during one menstrual cycle is not desirable - may cause intermenstrual bleeding.
Application Postinor potivopokazano:
- adolescents under the age of 16 years;
- in severe liver diseases in violation of its functions;
- during pregnancy and nursing
Breastfeeding - a personal choice
feeding (the drug is excreted in human milk);
- in some hereditary diseases associated with enzyme deficiency (deficiency of the enzyme to digest the milk sugar - lactase, malabsorption of simple sugars - glucose and galactose);
- if you are hypersensitive to the components of the drug;
- bleeding from the genitals of unknown origin;
- infectious diseases of the urogenital system and pelvic organs, including the herpes infection;
- for any cancer.
Precautions postinor prescribed for all diseases of the liver and biliary tract, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the intestine.
Side effects after taking Postinor can manifest as nausea, vomiting, headaches, abdominal pain, acyclic bleeding, changes in the length of the menstrual cycle and the duration of menstruation, the appearance of painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea), engorgement, and breast tenderness, appearance of acne, changes in mood, sexual desire, and body weight.
Postinor - a drug that is taken in case of emergency, use it constantly is not recommended.