Piercing navel and risks - how to prevent complications?
September 2, 2013
The popularity of navel piercing is growing rapidly, but it should not be taken too simply. In fact, it makes it fast and easy, but there are at navel piercing and health risks, which need to know before you go to the piercing parlor. In addition, it should be borne in mind that you will have a fairly long and hard to care for pierced navel - it will heal is not as fast as you would like.
What are the risks?
Piercing procedure itself is very simple - the skin is cleaned using disinfectant, grab a pair of tweezers and gently pulled, and then pierce. Usually this is not used anesthesia, although some customers piercing salons on its own initiative apply for topical anesthesia. Pierced navel
Navel piercing - only for the most distinguished
relate the following risks:
- Allergic reactions. Some jewelry for navel - especially those that are made from alloys in which nickel is present - can cause allergic reactions, the symptoms of which appear soon after the piercing. When allergy symptoms should be immediately removed from the navel jewelry.
- Skin infections, which are the most common symptoms - redness, swelling, pain and suppuration are still some of the possible consequences of navel piercing.
- Other problems with skin
The most common skin problems and their solutions
. Navel piercing may lead to noticeable scars and keloids - is convex neoplasms caused by the formation of excessive quantities of scar tissue. Typically, these problems arise in cases where the piercing was done very clumsily.
- Infections transmitted through blood. If the salon uses a piercing with non-sterile equipment, for customers there is a risk of infection with hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV, and tetanus
Tetanus - a constant companion of man
- Skin tears and trauma. Damage to the skin piercing parlors are relatively rare, however, after piercing a person can get hurt, for example, if an earring at the navel rests on the clothes or anything else. Clothing with a high belt, the friction of the stomach, can also damage the skin in the area of fresh puncture. For minor damage the skin heals itself, but in some cases you need stitches.
Make sure that you're ready
Before you do a navel piercing, ask yourself whether you really want to adorn themselves in this way. Would you be comfortable to wear jewelry in the navel, it will not cause any problems, for example, in sports (especially if you are in contact sports). If you are planning to become pregnant soon, put piercings then - during pregnancy a puncture will heal very slowly. Generally, if you are not sure that you really want to do the piercing - do not do. Exactly should not be doing it under pressure (for example, a company with a friend), as well as the influence of alcohol or drugs (many people return from vacation with piercings or tattoos that they are not going to do).
To be sure that the navel piercing will be as secure as possible, you should know the answers to the following questions:
- Who will be doing the piercing? Do not attempt to pierce your own belly button, and do not allow it to do my girlfriend, not trained (and do not give in to requests girlfriend to make her piercings and help save on a visit to the salon). Making a navel piercing can be only in the cabin, which has a license in which people work, and have the necessary certificates. As a rule, good piercing salons have websites where you can find enough detailed information about the employees and the procedure itself.
- Master piercer work gloves? Before you start to work, the master must wash their hands and put on disposable gloves, which he in the presence of the customer pulls out of the box.
- What equipment is used by the master? For navel piercing gun is not used (many piercing salons today refuse to from this tool, since it is difficult to disinfect and it can easily become carriers of certain infections). Typically, the piercing done with tweezers and (required!) Disposable needle.
- Master disinfecting equipment for reuse? Make sure that all equipment in the cabin neodnorazovoe disinfected in a special device - an autoclave. All work surfaces, door knobs, and cabinets should be regularly cleaned with disinfectant.
- Does the master hypoallergenic jewelry? In a fresh puncture can insert jewelry from surgical steel, titanium, niobium and gold 14K or 18K.
Proper care of the pierced navel
The skin around the fresh puncture will remain slightly reddened and sore for a few days. Slight bleeding. When the puncture begin to heal from it can begin to secrete a fluid white or yellowish color, and skin and earring will produce dry crust. This does not mean that a navel piercing festers - all the usual steps of the process of tissue repair. To prevent infection and speed healing few, follow these guidelines:
- Use antibacterial soap. The skin in the area of fresh puncture should be washed with antibacterial soap once or twice a day. Be sure to wash your hands before you wash your belly button. The resulting dry crust on the skin removed with a damp piece of cotton wool. Do not use alcohol or peroxide - they are very dry skin. Also avoid thick ointments that block access of oxygen to the skin.
- Do not swim in pools, open bodies of water and do not take a bath for at least as long as the skin in the area of the puncture is no longer dry crust formed. It is also not recommended to go to the bath
Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures
and take a jacuzzi.
- Do not touch the earring at the navel often necessary. Touch the shackle only when clean the skin around the navel; wont pull earring in moments of reverie, or just something to do can significantly slow down the healing process. You should also wear clothing that is too tight is not adjacent to the navel, and does not cause friction.
- Do not change the earring at the navel, while the puncture heals. If you really want to insert other decoration, seek it to the master who made you a piercing (or any other).
- When an infection is suspected, immediately contact a doctor. Early treatment can help you avoid serious complications.
Plastic face - an effective method of combating wrinkles
April 27, 2008
- Plastic face - an effective method of combating wrinkles
Good or bad, but the appearance of the person - the first thing we notice when meeting and communicating. Clothing and facial expression can tell a lot without words, so if you want to be successful, you must always look your best, and the first thing you should pay attention - on your face.
Many want to improve the facial features in the pursuit of perfection, some did it is necessary to correct defects such as cleft lip or remove moles and get rid of other problems. Year, prolonged sun exposure, injury - all of which can leave unpleasant marks on the face. How to get rid of them? There are many options: photorejuvenation
Photorejuvenation - improving skin regeneration
Creams, braces, injections or other.
Plastic face - what is it
Study and treatment of problems associated with the face, nose, ears, and neck is engaged in science otolaryngology. Plastic face is part of Otolaryngology and is divided into reconstructive and cosmetic plastic face.
Reconstructive plastic face is needed in the case of congenital anomalies of the face, such as traces of birth trauma
Birth injuries - than they threaten your child?
, Cleft lip and palate, droopy ears, or a wry smile. It also helps to solve the problems that have emerged as a result of trauma, burn or an unsuccessful surgery. In addition, plastic reconstructive facial used in the treatment of complex diseases such as skin cancer.
Cosmetic plastic face - surgery to help improve the features and condition of the skin. The most widespread Facelift, Eyelid Surgery, Rhinoplasty, implants neck and chin liposuction, and procedures for the removal of facial wrinkles. A qualified audiologist will help you deal with any of these problems.
Each country has its own training program for otolaryngologists, however, the requirements for their qualifications and training are consistently high. A qualified audiologist can have up to fifteen years of experience (including training in high school and residency), and most of that time should be given to studying and carrying out the procedures associated with reconstructive facial plastic surgery.
Types of plastics
- Rinplastika / septoplasty - external and internal surgery of the nose, during which changes the shape of cartilage and bone, which improves the shape of the nose, as well as troubleshoot problems with breathing.
- Blepharoplasty (correction century) - an operation on the upper and / or lower eyelids, which allows you to improve the appearance of the eye or vision problems to solve.
- Retidektomiya (circular plastic face) - allows you to make the skin on the face and neck firmer and remove unnecessary lines.
- Brow lift - an operation which can eliminate wrinkles on the forehead, a thickening of the upper eyelid and improve the general appearance of the eyebrows.
- Liposuction - operation which allows to remove the excess fat in the chin and / or neck.
- Facial implants - an operation that allows improve the lines of the cheeks, lips or chin.
- Otoplasty (Ear surgery) - surgery on the ear cartilage, can reduce droopy ears.
- Correction of wrinkles and other skin irregularities. Includes laser treatments, chemical peels and dermabrasion (sanding the skin).
- Facial reconstruction - an operation which can eliminate facial deformities caused by previous surgery, injury or illness. It includes the elimination of the problems caused by skin cancer
Skin cancer - a full recovery possible
, Correction of scars, wound healing, removal of moles
Removal of moles - a deadly process?
and the elimination of congenital abnormalities of the skull, palate or lip.
- Non-surgical treatments - chemical peels, dermabrasion and micro injection. Injections are injection under the skin Botox Cosmetic, Dysport, Rektilana, Juvéderm, Radiesa, Sculptra and other drugs.
How to choose a plastic surgeon
Refer only to certified surgeons who have extensive experience in the field of facial surgery. Make sure the clinic in which you have decided to apply, there are documents that give them the right to carry out such operations / procedures. Often, clinics do not have certificates for certain types of services.
A good surgeon will carefully consider not only your problem, but also give recommendations for its optimal resolution. The latest equipment is no guarantee of high quality of the surgeon, so pay attention not only to equip the clinic (although it is also essential), but also on customer feedback, the percentage of failed operations and the qualifications of the surgeon and nurses.
What you need to know about facial plastic
Before facial plastic surgeon should discuss all the details of your surgery or procedure, explain the risks and benefits of the recovery process, as well as to provide alternative solutions. Do not hesitate to ask the surgeon how many operations performed, and what, and how many years he has been practicing and how often does the surgery. Also find out what training is needed for the procedure, how long it takes and what are the risks. The surgeon should advise you about the features of taking any medication before and after the procedure and other details.
The most frequent complications after plastic face are: nausea, numbness, bleeding, blood clots, infection and adverse reactions to anesthesia. If you smoke, you should stop smoking at least two weeks prior to the proposed operation to accelerate the healing process.
Be sure to check the details related to the cost and expenses. Perhaps some will cover the costs of your insurance (check with your insurance company). Find out what types of payment accepted Clinic and the payment schedule.
Recovery after surgery
Most plastic surgery clinics do not practice recovery from surgery in a hospital. Depending on the complexity of the operation, you can stay in the hospital for a day or two, or leave it in a couple of hours after surgery. Before discharge from the hospital, the doctor will tell you about all the details of post-operative care and other things that you need to know for a successful recovery. Permanent sutures and surgical staples removed in the clinic approximately one week after surgery. Also, the doctor should give you advice on lifestyle and diet in the postoperative period and tell about the peculiarities of medication at this time.
General recommendations in the postoperative period:
- within two weeks please refrain from aerobics, as well as other law enforcement and exercise (more precise recommendations give the surgeon)
- within a month, avoid contact sports and heavy lifting
- specify recommendations on reduction and elimination of postoperative edema
- do not use aspirin because it can cause bleeding and bruising
Rate result of the operation, as a rule, it is possible not earlier than one to two weeks when the swelling will subside and reduce bruising.