Dermatofibroma - a small, benign growths on the skin that can appear almost anywhere on the body, but most often appears on the ankles and feet, shoulders, and upper back. Dermatofibroma common in adults, and less often - in children. These structures may be pink, gray, red or brown, sometimes they change color over the years. Dermatofibromas and solid to the touch and may resemble a stone under the skin. If dermatofibromu squeeze the sides, on the surface appears small pit.
As a rule, dermatofibromas painless, but in some people they cause pain or itching. The most common single dermatofibromas, but in some patients, there may be many. They seldom longer 1-1, 2 cm in diameter.
Causes of dermatofibrom unknown.
Earlier dermatofibromu considered a reaction to insect bites or injuries, but this version of the origin of the disease has not been confirmed.
Dermatofibromas usually develop very slowly. They look like small, hard and slightly protruding growths on the skin, the color of which is markedly different from the normal skin color.
The most common symptoms of dermatofibroma:
- Typically, the neoplasms are located on the legs below the knee, but it is possible the appearance of tumors in her arms or torso
- The seal on the surface of the skin, bleeding in case of damage
- Size dermatofibromas diverse - from a pinhead to the baby's head
- When pressed inside the caves Dermatofibroma
- In people with dark or dark skin growths darker
- Over time, the color and size dermatofibromas changes
- Sometimes when you touch the new formation occurs itchy or painful
- On the affected skin growths appear reddish, pink, purple, gray or brown tint
- As a rule, Dermatofibroma not accompanied by painful sensations, but the skin is very sensitive, there is itching
- Dermatofibroma can appear at any age, women are more prone to this disease than men.
Most often, the doctor can diagnose dermafibromu after visual inspection entities. If the build-up does not look like a typical dermafibromu and / or if he sometimes bleeding, the doctor will probably do a biopsy. During this procedure, a small piece of dermatofibroma is removed and examined under a microscope. When a biopsy is possible to diagnose cancer. Before the biopsy the patient is given a local anesthetic.
Dermatofibroma does not pass by itself, and if untreated, the patient will remain for life.
Often dermatofibromas not require treatment. As a rule, patients prefer to remove dermatofibromas if they are in a prominent position, and / or if a man touches them constantly, such as when shaving or dressing, and if the education cause itching and / or pain.
Since dermatofibromas located deep to remove them have to make cuts in the deep layers of the skin; after the procedure usually remain visible scars. If the procedure goes well, the patient can go home the same day. Complications are rare and linked, usually not with dermatofibroma, and with the quality of the procedure.
An alternative is to top of the cutting dermatofibroma, but in this case a few years it may again increase.
In very rare cases, a type of skin cancer
Skin cancer - a full recovery possible
called dermatofibrosarcoma in the early stages of development causes symptoms similar to the symptoms of dermatofibroma.
Seek immediate medical attention if Dermatofibroma begins to grow, change shape and / or color, if it bleeds or causes severe pain.
Although skin cancer is relatively rare, it is necessary to do everything possible to protect themselves.
Scar after removal dermatofibromas for some time remains red, very noticeable and causes itching. Over time it will become paler and smooth out, but will still be visible. There are cosmetic procedures by which the scar can be almost imperceptible, but they can only take place some time after removal of dermatofibroma. For the treatment of scars are used:
- Injection of steroids directly into the rumen, or the use of silicone gel - to smooth out the scar.
- Laser treatment - helps eliminate redness.
- In the formation of very large scars may require additional surgery.
The exact cause of dermatofibroma is unknown, in part because of a persistent nature of the disease. Initially, the tumor looks like a tight knot the size of a pea. Over time, the density, size and color vary slightly neoplasms.
Doctors allocate such possible causes of dermatofibroma:
- Damage: the appearance dermatofibromas can cause even a minor injury to the skin as a thorn prick or sting.
- Sexual disposition: women are more prone to this disease than men
- Age: risk factor - the average age. In children it is very rare.
- Heredity: family history of dermatofibroma may also cause the disease.
Home remedies for the treatment of dermatofibromas
- The tumor may be treated kamformnym alcohol as long as the skin dries. Do not worry if there will be a burning sensation - as the infection responds to alcohol.
- In ten minutes, apply a tumor magnesium hydroxide (magnesia), and after a time rinse thoroughly.
- Healthy low-calorie diet rich in fiber (fresh fruits and vegetables) - a great home remedy treatment dermatofibromas.
- Generously grease a tumor anti-cellulite cream to speed healing.