Psoriasis - a common chronic skin disease
Skin diseases - what to do when violated the basic functions of the skin
In which may be affected nails and joints. It is believed that this pathology changes are detected in the internal organs. The most common elements of a rash appear on the extensor surfaces of the legs and arms, in the lower back and scalp. Psoriasis on the face is rare.
The symptoms of psoriasis on the face
For the disease characterized by the appearance of small papules (solid nodules) red-pink color. These elements rash rise above the skin surface. Almost from the moment of formation of small papules covered by loose silvery white scales that are easy to fall off.
There are three major symptoms of the disease. It:
- The phenomenon of stearin spot (if scrape papules, smooth, even-looking, the peeling force);
- Phenomenon psoriatic film (after removing all the scales on further poskablivanii rash separated thin film);
- The phenomenon of blood dew (if after the separation of the film continue poskablivat papules on the surface appears pinpoint bleeding).
Papules grow quickly and can reach the size of a coin. When merging adjacent papules appear larger elements of the rash - plaque. Most often localized in the last century, around the eyes, eyebrows and in the nasolabial folds. Sometimes, in the pathological process involved red border.
The nasolabial folds and nososchechnyh seborrheic psoriasis may occur
Seborrheic psoriasis - correct diagnosis is important
. Borders rash while not clearly expressed, and peeling has a yellowish tint.
Stages of the disease
There are three stages of psoriasis. Each of them has special features:
- Progressive. There are new papules with a bright color, and the existing elements are increasing in size. In the center of the nodules noticeably peeling, and the edges you can see the redness - whisk growth. Fresh elements often appear on the ground scratching and minor damage. Papules occur even with a slight skin irritation, itching worried man;
- Fixed. New papules do not appear, and old growth nodules stops. Their color becomes cyanotic, peeling decreases;
- Regress. Around nodules appear whitish area. Papules gradually dissipate, starting from the center. Their color fades, disappears peeling.
For psoriasis is characterized by recurrent course, that is when the disease exacerbation of symptoms followed by periods of extinction. Status when no psoriatic plaques on the skin, called remission.
How to care for skin with psoriasis
For washing, you can only use special tools for skin hypersensitivity. A person can not wipe the towel to dry it is best to pat the skin with your fingertips.
For skin moisturizer will be useful, but in the winter time its application is mandatory. If there is a strong peeling, it can be applied to the face cloth soaked in warm salt solution. After the procedure, the skin should be thoroughly dried.
In spring and autumn, when the skin adverse effects of wind and rain, it is best to wear clothes with a hood. In summer, avoid direct sunlight, although moderate sunlight, on the contrary, will be useful.
How to treat psoriasis on the face
Plaques will disappear much more quickly if they have access to sunlight and air. You can use masking cosmetics, but it is not recommended to do it too often.
Treatment of psoriasis on the face should be complex. It includes diet, local and general therapy and physiotherapy.
A person should eat more vegetables, especially raw. It is also necessary to add to the diet of fruit, cereals, lean meat and fish, and dairy products. Alcohol, spices, nuts, citrus fruit, muffins, milk and sweets should be avoided.
Topical treatment is performed using ointments, creams and other external agents. The most frequently prescribed drugs such as:
- Salicylic ointment - helps soften and rapid removal of skin flakes;
- Naftalan ointment - used only in stationary and regressing stages. It reduces inflammation and itching;
- Corticosteroids (eg, Elokim Lokoid). They reduce the severity of inflammation, and can only be used in short courses;
- Medications that contain vitamin D (Calcipotriol). They also help to reduce inflammatory manifestations.
If these funds are not led to the desired result, then use the methods of physical therapy: ultraviolet radiation (UV radiation) and PUVA therapy. The latter is a combination of UV radiation and the use of photosensitizers (substances that enhance the action of ultraviolet light). Because of PUVA therapy is hampered accelerated abnormal cell division.
Systemic therapy includes the use of tablets and injections. Most often prescribe:
- Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) and acitretin, they are used in severe forms of psoriasis;
- Cyclosporine, it is used in cases when other drugs do not help;
- Methotrexate reduces the rate of cell division, thereby reducing flaking and inflammation. With his appointment often have side effects, and the drug is rarely used.
In order to reduce itching, appointed date antihistamines, such as cetirizine. Antibiotics are not usually used in the treatment of psoriasis
Advances in the treatment of psoriasis
But they are used during infection of psoriatic elements of an eruption.
The disease over time can become resistant (resistant) to any particular type of therapy. To avoid this, it is recommended to periodically change the treatment. It will also reduce the likelihood of side effects of drugs.
Remission in psoriasis
Psoriasis - immune system alarm
sometimes spontaneous, but most often achieved with proper therapy. The choice of treatment, and control of it should be performed only by a dermatologist.