How to cure acne in adulthood
October 28, 2010
Contrary to popular belief, acne can overtake you and into adulthood, significantly spoil your nerves. Skin problems are familiar to almost all adult women, but some, unfortunately, will never outgrow teenage acne. According cosmetologists, with the problem of acne face nearly 30% of women and 20% of men aged 20 to 60 years old (or older).
Causes of Acne in adults
Acne in adults as well as adolescents, caused by excess sebum, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands of the skin. Sebum clog the pores, which leads to the accumulation of bacteria and inflammation. Some adult acne eruptions attributed increased sensitivity of the skin or excessive production of male hormone androgen.
Certain hormones in the body, particularly testosterone and androgens stimulate sebaceous glands, which leads to an increase in the amount of sebum produced. When the skin gets too oily due to hormonal imbalance, clogged pores, leading to acne. Acne hormonal origin is most often observed in women during menstruation, pregnancy, perimenopause and menopause. In men, acne is caused by hormonal imbalances, observed only in adolescence.
Researchers have shown that acne can be inherited from parents. If the father or mother in adolescence or later, there was acne, it is likely that this problem, often in a much larger scale, and the baby face.
The use of certain cosmetic products, such as cosmetics, shampoo or face cream that is not suitable for your skin type can cause acne eruptions. If you have oily skin
Oily skin: Natural and artificial care
Prone to inflammation and acne, and you regularly use an oil-based cosmetics, it can clog the pores of the skin, which leads to acne.
Another cause of acne in adulthood - taking certain medicines that can increase the risk of acne in adults with this predisposition. Birth control pills, steroids, hormonal drugs and many other medicines can cause acne.
Stress increases the risk of acne because it stimulates the sebaceous glands, which leads to excessive production of sebum and, as a consequence, acne eruptions.
According to statistics, this disease affects 5-10% of girls and women between the ages of twelve to forty-five years. If acne is accompanied by symptoms such as irregular periods, increased growth of body hair, weight gain, deepening of the voice, decrease in breast size, it can be the cause of polycystic ovaries.
Treatment of acne in adults
Treatment of acne in adulthood is some complexity. Most remedies for acne
The remedy for acne: a responsible choice
and acne are designed for oily skin of teenagers and little suitable for dry skin of adults. Effective treatment often chosen by trial and error, that takes time. However, beauticians recommend for combating acne in adults to use the following means:
- Cleansers: Cetaphil and Aquanil - the most sparing means of acne. Do not use too strong cleaning gels and other granular means having an abrasive effect. They can cause irritation and worsen sensitive skin
Sensitive skin: causes and care
- Creams and lotions: Use nonprescription products containing retinol - retinol cleans pores and helps to smooth out fine wrinkles. To prevent skin discoloration and scarring from acne, use products containing salicylic acid and glycolic acid. For spot treatment of lesions suitable products containing benzoyl peroxide - an effective microbicide.
- Prescription drugs: an antibiotic for topical clindamycin helps fight bacteria on the skin. This function is performed and tetracycline, another antibiotic for oral administration. Oral contraceptives and spironolactone formulation from a high pressure may help normalize the levels of hormones. The gel containing the antibiotic dapsone, helps fight infection and inflammation of acne.
- Hardware: Hardware Laser treatment is mainly aimed at the elimination of scars, but phototherapy
Phototherapy - restores vitality
(blue light) and kills bacteria. However, these procedures are expensive, so are not available to everyone, so you should first explore other options.
Acne in adulthood could become a serious problem, delivering a lot of trouble and anxiety. Successful treatment of severe acne in adults may take months or even years. But do not give up - there are effective treatments, and in the fight against acne, you can win.
Home test for skin type: self-study
January 13th, 2013
Before you decide how to care for your skin, it is important to understand what type it is. In addition, it must be remembered that different factors may change over time and the skin type, if the school years, your skin was oily, it does not mean that it will remain so, for example, to 30 years. Therefore, the test for skin type makes sense to do every few years, to the extent necessary to correct skin care regimen.
Test for skin type
- Step 1. Clean the face with a neutral soap or milk, which does not dry the skin, but also contains moisturizing agents.
- Step 2: Within an hour or two, do not apply to any skin cosmetics.
- Step 3: Take small pieces of thin rice paper or napkins, and push one piece to each part of the face. To test you can also use a clean glass or a mirror - just cuddle up to him one by one his forehead, nose, chin and cheeks.
- Oily skin. Grease stains on all the pieces of paper, or wherever you touch the face of the glass surface, an indicator of oily skin.
- Combination skin. Grease stains remaining after contact with the T-zone, characteristic of combination skin type.
- Dry skin may be left on paper or on a small glass flakes that are dead skin cells.
- Normal skin does not leave a paper and glass or grease stains or dried flakes.
Description skin types
To test the type of skin does not have to use paper or glass. Often enough to carefully assess skin condition and to compare their observations with a description of skin types.
Normal skin is not too dry and not too fatty, rashes appear on it is very rare. The skin elastic, smooth and has a healthy color, small pores. The sensation of tightness after washing is absent (if not using excessively aggressive products, such as those containing alcohol). Even in the evening normal skin usually looks fresh and clean without greasy.
The skin of this type of rude, it is characterized by a greasy shine, which appears after a couple of hours after washing, enlarged pores and acne. Around the nose may appear rather large scales, similar to the ones that are on dry skin, but in fact they are formed where collects and dries excess sebum. Due to the increased activity of the sebaceous glands make-up can not hold very well, although some powder can provide a very stable result.
For this type of skin is characterized by frequent irritation, redness, itching and burning. This may damage the capillaries near the skin surface. After washing often feels taut, the skin peels off strongly. There are eruptions that are quite fast. Avoid excessive stimulation of sensitive skin
Sensitive skin: causes and care
So as not to aggravate her condition.
The skin of this type produce little natural oils and moisture poorly maintained. Sometimes the skin becomes dry with age and / or as a result of prolonged exposure to sunlight. Dry skin is usually clean, free of lesions, and can be very beautiful, but only on condition that it lacks moisture. If you moisturize it thoroughly enough, it starts to peel off, and in some places may be red. Immediately after cleaning there is a feeling of tightness of the skin, if it is too small for your face. After applying moisturizer that feeling passes, but by noon dry skin
Dry skin: care and treatment
often it starts to peel off, and it is noticeable even well done makeup.
People with this type of skin oily T-zone and dry or normal skin on the cheeks and the neck. In more rare cases, the most oily skin
Oily skin: Natural and artificial care
on the chin, along the jaw line and on the temples and on the nose, cheeks and forehead - is normal or dry. By noon on the greasy areas usually appears greasy shine. Often referred to as combination skin normal, especially if the difference is "fat" different parts of the face is not very large.
As soon as the body ages, the skin produces less collagen and elastin, which are responsible for skin elasticity. As a result, the skin becomes thinner and less smooth, lose body fat, and gradually sags. Mature skin can be any of the basic types (for normal, oily, dry, and so on), but it still stands as a separate type, as it has its own peculiarities and requires special care. Mature skin cells are not updated as quickly as in his youth, and necessary cosmetics, promotes regeneration.
Problem skin, like a mature, can be oily or dry, but it has its special characteristics - it is prone to acne and acne, and delivers its owners of many troubles. In the absence of adequate care of problem skin condition may gradually get worse; possible appearance of scars and pigmentation disorders.
Quick test for skin type
To carry out this simple home test on skin type, you need a mild cleansing agent for skin, clean towels and napkins.
- Wash your face, rinse and pat dry.
- Wait one hour.
- Pay attention to your feelings, notes if you feel tightness of the skin.
- Press one napkin for each section face: chin, center of cheeks, outer part of the cheeks, forehead to the center and on the edges of the forehead - at the temples, as well as the nose.
- Consider each napkin (can make a pencil mark to forget at what a napkin with which part of the face).
- Interpret results. Grease stains on all napkins mean that your skin is oily, and if the spots are only on some napkins (usually those that you applied to the nose, the chin and the center of the forehead), it says that you have the skin of mixed or combined type. The presence of small dry scales on all napkins and / or a feeling of tightness of the skin after washing it says that you have dry skin. Finally, if all the tissue perfectly clean, free of grease and scales, you have normal skin.
The pore size can also serve as an indicator of the type of skin: narrow pores often indicate dry skin, broad, enlarged - on fat.
Remember that there are many factors influencing the type of skin, such as the weather, emotions, hormones and stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
- Because of their exposure to the skin is subject to constant fluctuations.
Cosmetics for combination skin, which, according to the manufacturer, performs several functions (reduces fat T-zone and moisturizes the skin on the cheeks), many experts in skin care is suspicious. Often they recommend the use of different means for the T-zone and other parts of the face, instead supposedly versatile products.