Gray hair - how to make them healthy and beautiful
November 19th, 2009
Contrary to popular belief, gray hair is not always - a sign of a ripe old age. The first gray hair may appear in adolescence, and after sixty. Some people (such as the famous American comedian Steve Martin) notice at first gray hair back in twenty or thirty years. This phenomenon is called premature graying. Eventually, when the rest of the hair turns gray, the first gray hair does not differ from them. However, the majority of gray hair appears only in fifty years, or even later. So why do people go gray, and why someone that is sooner than the others?
Causes of hair graying
Surprisingly, all of the hair initially ... gray. Melanocytes, the cells of the hair follicles (hair follicles), produce a number of pigments, the main one being melanin. Adjacent to the melanocytes located keratinocytes - cells synthesize keratin protein that makes up hair and skin and nails. At a certain stage Melanin binds to a protein which becomes colored hair that is colored. In short, the more melanin, the darker the color of the hair and consequently, the less melanin, the hair is lighter.
Graying of hair is directly related with the reduction or complete cessation of melanin, in fact hair is not "gray", but simply colorless and appear white on a background of darker strands. Time of natural beginning of the process of graying is genetically inherent in the biological sense is a sign and a direct consequence of aging.
The main reason for early gray hair - heredity. If your parents first gray hairs have appeared in thirty years, chances are you will repeat their fate. However, this does not always happen. Age does play a large role in the appearance of gray hair, but are also important external factors, such as stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
. Inside the hair is the core - the most thin duct through which fluid can circulate. There is an assumption that neuropeptides produced by the body under the action of epinephrine (its level rises during stress), are suitable for the blood vessels to the hair follicle, then to the hair shaft and break chemical bonds connecting the protein and melanin. Then, the pigment is washed away very quickly, and as a result lose their hair color.
Gray Hair: myths and facts
- If you pull out one gray hair in its place immediately grow two new - a myth.
- Gray hair more difficult to stain because of the low level of melanin, they are more resistant to hair dye - fact.
- Gray hair can occur as a result of certain diseases and disorders such as hair turns gray deficiency of vitamin B12 or thyroid dysfunction
The thyroid gland - is responsible for your hormones
- Smokers exposed to 4-fold higher risk of early blooming than nonsmokers. In addition, smoking contributes to hair loss
Hair loss - the distress signal
- Gray hair is more noticeable at the dark-haired people, because it stands out from the rest of the hair. Fair-haired people have gray hair less noticeable, but it does not mean that it is not - a fact.
- The probability of occurrence of gray hair with each decade of life after thirty years increases by 10-20%.
- There is no natural or medication to prevent gray hair - a fact.
Is it possible to turn gray overnight?
Graying hair - a long process that depends on the development of coloring pigment meanina. With age, the production of melanin slows, causing hair to lose color. Abrupt cessation of melanin production is not possible, therefore turn gray over night without the aid of hair dye is unlikely.
How to disguise gray hair
Bloom - a natural process through which all people. However, not all are willing to put up with this "seal of the age." To hide the first gray hair coloring shampoo use, it is desirable to match the color of your natural hair. If a lot of gray hair (30-40% of the total), it is worth thinking about painting. For this purpose, suitable mild inks containing small amounts of an oxidant. Another option - to take advantage of current technology coloring or tinting. Sedin - is not a sentence, but another reason to experiment with hair.
Essential oils for dry hair - care Useful
July 31, 2014
Essential oils are widely used as medicines and cosmetics. Among other things, the essential oils are used for dry hair. The essential oil is mixed with a carrier oil, and then applied to the scalp; a small amount of oils and can be applied over the entire length of the hair.
Types of Essential Oils
- Lavender essential oil
The healing properties of lavender - not only pleasant aroma
not only has a wonderful aroma, but also is useful for all types of hair. It eases the itching and helps improve the condition of brittle, weak hair, which is especially important for people with dry hair. It can also be used for the treatment of dandruff and combat hair loss. Mix four or five drops of lavender essential oil with a small amount of carrier oil, and every day for ten minutes with light massaging movements rub it into the scalp.
- Essential oil of chamomile. People with dry hair often suffer from irritation of the scalp; chamomile oil to help cope with this problem. It also helps dry hair better endure harsh weather conditions, such as extreme heat.
- The essential oil of peppermint
Mint and its useful properties: aromatic freshness
It stimulates blood flow to the hair roots, and is ideal for dry, dull, damaged hair.
- Rosemary essential oil helps with peeling and itching of the scalp, as well as improves the nutrition of hair follicles.
- Tea tree oil is an excellent moisturizer for hair. In addition, it stimulates the sebaceous glands, and cleanses the skin from dead cells.
- The essential oil of myrrh
The oil of myrrh - the possibility of using
moisturizes the skin, helps get rid of dandruff and make hair stronger.
- Essential oil of carrot seed. This oil has antioxidant properties, promotes skin regeneration and strengthens hair. It is recommended for dry, weakened, brittle hair.
- Essential oil of basil is ideal for dry, brittle, split ends. It nourishes the scalp, improving blood circulation and nutrition of hair roots, thereby gradually hair will become healthier, stronger and shinier.
- Rose essential oil
Rose oil is expensive -
It helps those who have very dry hair and often itchy flaky scalp. It moisturizes the skin, relieves irritation, and a beneficial effect on sebaceous glands.
- Essential oil of sandalwood itching and flaking of the scalp - problems that are familiar to owners of dry hair. In addition, it has a very pleasant aroma, so that head massage will bring you double the fun.
- Geranium essential oil is suitable for the care of any type of hair: it regulates the activity of sebaceous glands, so that when they begin to dry hair secrete more sebum, and in fat - more. Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory action, and effectively exfoliate the dead skin cells. Be careful when buying: Currently essential oil of geranium (as, incidentally, and roses) is expensive, and it can be seen for sale infrequently, but often there are fakes, more or less high quality.
How to use essential oils for dry hair
Essential oils can be mixed with a carrier oil and massage the scalp, add them to the hair conditioner or water, which you have rinsed hair. The latter method is the least effective - the oil do not mix with water, and much of it could just fall into the sewer.
To do deep conditioning, mix a balm for dry hair with a 5-7 drops of essential oils listed above, and distribute it to the scalp and hair. Put on a shower cap and wrap head with a towel (a towel to great effect can be pre-heated on a radiator or hot iron to iron it). After 30-50 minutes rinse hair thoroughly with warm water.
For a scalp massage with essential oils can be used jojoba oil, olive oil (most experts recommend using only extra virgin - so labeled extra virgin olive oil), coconut oil, castor oil or avocado oil.
The best carrier oil has long been considered jojoba oil - it is characterized by the ability to penetrate into the pores and hair follicles, and to clear them from the accumulated sebum and other contaminants. Thanks to this power of hair follicles is improved, and it is beneficial to all, regardless of hair type. Olive oil does not possess these properties, but it is ideal for dry hair - it moisturizes them, makes a smooth, strong and beautiful. The use of olive oil in combination with essential oils gives visible results within a few weeks.
Coconut oil is good for dry and damaged hair; It contains vitamin E, vitamin K and iron - substances necessary for the restoration of the hair and scalp. Castor oil helps hair retain moisture, and protects them from damage, for example, frequently use heat styling. Avocado oil acts almost like hair conditioner, but contains various artificial additives. It is expensive, but after the first scalp massage with avocado oil and essential oils significantly improves the condition of hair.