How to determine your skin type - Test
January 15, 2013
- How to determine your skin type
The test for determining skin type
Before designing a program of daily skin care is necessary to determine skin type. Skin type is dependent on genetic factors, hormonal changes caused by pregnancy, menopause, and your overall health.
Please note that the type of skin of each person is unique, but dermatologists are four basic types of skin: dry, oily, combination (with oily T-zone) and normal. Some dermatologists also secrete type of sensitive skin
Sensitive skin: causes and care
But this is not entirely correct, as oily or dry skin
Dry skin: care and treatment
It may also be sensitive.
To determine the type of skin, use a sanitary napkin. This simple test does not give a completely accurate result, but allows you to learn about the type of skin. For this test, you need to wash your face, wait ten or fifteen minutes, and then blot the face clean sanitary napkin (preferably white). Look at the napkin. Are there any traces of fat on it? That is the answer to this question helps determine skin type
How to determine skin type: Observations
- On a napkin is not greasy - you have dry skin.
- In some greasy napkin in different parts - you have oily skin
Oily skin: Natural and artificial care
- Greasy marks on a napkin are concentrated mainly in the T-zone (forehead, nose, nose) - you have combination skin.
- The traces are barely visible, and scattered throughout a napkin - you have normal skin.
Determine your skin type will help the following tips:
- Dry skin is prone to flaking. When washing the feeling of tightness of the skin.
- Combination skin fat sites concentrated in the T-zone. The skin on the cheeks of the combined type is prone to dryness.
- The pores of normal skin are not expanded and visible. Normal skin does not shine and is not prone to dryness. Normal skin is not prone to irritation and acne.
- Oily skin is prone to an unhealthy shine. The skin of this type are more prone to rashes and acne.
If you still are not sure what your skin type, consult a specialist; dermatologist or beautician will resolve your doubts in a jiffy, and tell what tools are suitable for your skin type and age.
Skin type changes with age and under the influence of external factors, so the skin in adolescence is characterized by skin type in thirty years. In addition, the change in the type of skin also contributes to climate change.
Determining the type of skin helps to choose the right means for skin care, because cream for dry skin is not suitable for oily skin.
Removal of facial hair: hair removal, waxing, plucking - Causes and options
January 1, 2007
- Removal of facial hair: hair removal, waxing, plucking
- Causes and options
Reasons for removal of facial hair
The ultimate dream of many men and women - perfectly smooth skin. They make sure that the hair does not decorate your face and seek to get rid of them in all possible ways. Hair removal has been practiced for thousands of years in the vast majority of cultures and civilizations. The desire to get rid of facial hair appeared in humans in ancient times, and since then has changed only the methods of hair removal.
People are beginning to think of removing facial hair for a variety of reasons -social, cultural, sexual or even medical. Since the development of the culture in some lack of hair in women is considered an aesthetic ideal woman willy-nilly forced to strive for this ideal to be accepted in society.
If we talk about the medical reasons for hair removal, here plays an important role not only the aesthetic factor, but also the attitude to hygiene. From the hygienic point of view, the removal of hair is needed only on those areas of the body where there is a possibility pediculosis or unpleasant odor caused by accumulation of microorganisms. Patients trichiasis (eyelash growth, in which the ends irritate the eyeball) have to go to the doctor to remove ingrown eyelashes, so for them the hair removal is a necessity.
Options for removing facial hair
- Waxing: This procedure is facial hair removal involves the surface of the hair. This is the most common form of shaving. Also popular (especially women) are chemical depilatory creams, action is based on breaking the disulfide bonds linking the protein chains that determine the strength of the hair.
- Hair removal: with epilation the hair is removed along with the hair follicles beneath the skin. This method of hair removal can be combined or alternated with other techniques, such as epilation
Hair removal: perfect skin without hair
wax, sugar, using special devices for hair removal laser, intense light pulses or electrotherapy to enhance the effect.
- Facial hair can also pull out using the elongated tweezers with sharp tips that captures the hair at the roots and pulls it.
Since shaving - only a temporary measure and it does not solve the problem, but only stimulates the growth of new, even more coarse hair, which immediately catch the eye, many people, especially women, prefer to use other techniques of hair removal.
Plucking hair gets rid of vegetation in a small area, such as the eyebrows. After plucking do not forget to treat the skin astringent to keep the skin smooth and soft.
When using depilatory creams, gels and lotions contain chemicals that affect the very structure of the hair, make sure that your chosen product meets the quality standard and is designed to remove facial hair. Be sure to check the action of the depilatory agent in a small area of the skin and carefully follow the instructions on the application, to avoid irritation and chemical burns.
Ask a doctor or beautician on alternative methods of hair removal
Hair Removal: Which method is right for you?
For example, electrolysis. Electrolysis provide permanent hair removal as a result of the hair root electric current.