- Natural make-up: technology and secrets
What is in your cosmetics?
If you care about your health, you probably try to eat natural food, and would not eat food, stuffed with preservatives, dyes and fragrances. What about what you put on your skin - your natural cosmetics, too?
In the last decade, a huge number of lines of natural cosmetics - is due, of course, the increased demand. Now a train going in the natural, organic future of the cosmetic industry, jump giants such as Estee Lauder and L'Occitane en Provence.
However, what is called natural cosmetics, does not mean that it does not contain potentially hazardous chemicals. The word "natural" on the package can only mean that the product contains natural substances - such as minerals, but does not guarantee that there are no harmful ingredients. With these inscriptions companies simply exploit the interest of buyers to the mineral cosmetics
For whom is suitable mineral makeup and how to use it
Here are three ingredients that are sometimes included in the natural cosmetics, and which is required to be avoided:
- Parabens - linked to the development of breast cancer
Breast cancer: what every woman needs to know
- Phthalates - are potentially dangerous to the reproductive system;
- Talc - linked to the development of ovarian cancer
Ovarian cancer: do not miss the professional examinations!
Because brands that produce quality and safe natural cosmetics, the following are noteworthy:
- Burt's Bees makes a wide range of cosmetics, which consists of natural ingredients. The company provides detailed information on the composition of their products. Vegans need to pay attention to the fact that one of the dyes in the composition of the cosmetics brand is carmine obtained from cochineal - species of insects.
- Kiss My Face. The company produces a variety of cosmetics - lipstick to shampoos and foams for shaving - a part of which does not include artificial colors, animal ingredients and substances tested on animals.
- Organic Wear Makeup. Products of the company does not contain aggressive synthetic components, and packaged in a container from environmentally friendly materials.
The range of mineral makeup is no longer limited to loose powder. Today you can buy mineral blush, bronzers, eyeshadows, lipsticks and even liquid-based. As soon as the demand for these products grew, it occurred funny thing. Cosmetic companies are gradually beginning to re-use ingredients from which they abandoned when they started producing mineral makeup. According to the list of ingredients makeup today, even an expert can not always understand what the product is sold as mineral makeup, and what - no. Liquid foundation is impossible to create using only natural ingredients. As in a humid environment quickly begin to multiply bacteria, preservatives are indispensable. Without them, the product will be the "home" for a variety of microorganisms, which can easily lead to skin infections.
What follows from all this conclusion? If you have sensitive skin
Sensitive skin: causes and care
You should try the mineral powder, but are looking for products in which no more than ten ingredients.
All other natural makeup probably will not hurt, and the presence of certain skills, we will be able to achieve excellent results (however, the skills needed, no matter what kind of makeup you use). However, your expectations should be realistic. Natural cosmetics do not work miracles, and she will be unable to disguise the defects such as enlarged pores and uneven pigmentation. Here you will need additional funds - primers, concealers (which can not be composed exclusively of natural ingredients), and proper skin care.