- Treatment intestine: the main thing - to restore microflora
- Basic principles
The reasons that lead to disease of the intestine, there are many. Due to this treatment bowel in each case be assigned individually, and only after a prior medical examination. But all the diseases of the body can be divided into several groups, the highlights of which are the same treatment.
Treatment of inflammatory bowel disease
The most common inflammatory bowel diseases are Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Treatment in this case should be directed at reducing inflammation and elimination of immune disorders.
Sulfasalazine - one anti-inflammatory drugs. It accumulates in the gut wall and reduce the formation of leukotrienes and prostaglandins - substances which are actively involved in inflammation. Also, the drug has antimicrobial activity. Sulfasalazine slows down the absorption of folic acid (vitamin B9), so patients need to take it further. More effective drugs with the same mechanism of action and are salofalk salapiradazin. They are better tolerated and cause side effects much less than sulfasalazine.
Potent anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive (reduces the activity of the immune system) action has glucocorticoids (prednisone).
They are appointed in severe inflammatory bowel disease and with no effect on other medicines. However, chronic administration of these drugs frequent side effects are osteoporosis, steroid diabetes
Diabetes - threatening and incurable disease
, Obesity, high blood pressure and the emergence of ulcers of the stomach or duodenum.
For the treatment of diseases in this group are also used nonhormonal immunosuppressive drugs - tacrolimus and azathioprine. At their reception often have side effects:
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Toxic hepatitis
Hepatitis - the scourge of our time
- Infectious complications;
- Reducing the number of all blood cells (pancytopenia).
Because of this, drugs are prescribed short courses. They should be applied only in cases when treatment with other medicines has not led to the desired results. Usually conducted joint treatment with cytostatics and glucocorticoids, it can reduce the side effects of both drugs.
Reduction of inflammation and contribute to astringents, which have shielding effect (tanalbin). With the threat of infectious complications used antibacterial agents. In severe of these diseases, especially when complications develop, will require surgical treatment. This removes part of the intestine, which struck inflammation.
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - one of the most common diseases for which there are no changes in the intestine. But this person concerned about pain in the abdomen
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
, Diarrhea or constipation. Treatment should include:
- Detection and elimination of the reasons that could lead to the development of irritable bowel syndrome: frequent stress, sedentary lifestyle, gynecological diseases, hormonal disorders, poor nutrition.
- Dieting. If constipation is recommended to increase the amount in the diet foods rich in fiber (dried fruits, cereals, fresh fruit, vegetables and fruits, preferably with a thick edible peel). It is not necessary to consume a lot of dairy products and caffeine. With the predominance of diarrhea in IBS need to limit the consumption of foods rich in fiber, especially cabbage and beans. Dairy products are also excluded from the diet.
- Troubleshooting symptoms. If IBS is dominated by constipation and dieting does not eliminate them, it is possible to use laxatives. Bisacodyl - one of these drugs, the effect develops within a few minutes after administration. Herbal laxatives (senna-based, buckthorn, rhubarb) operate more slowly and cause a bowel movement in about ten hours. But they can cause atony (violation of motor function) of the intestine and other serious complications. Safer laxatives, which can be used for a long time - preparations of lactulose (portalak, Duphalac) and forlaks.
With frequent diarrhea prescribers that slow advancement of faeces and water through the intestines (loperamide). If a person is concerned about pain and spasms, it may take mebeverin or alverin. These drugs relax the intestinal muscles. If bloating used medicines that contain simethicone (eg Espumizan). They are safe, have almost no side effects, except allergic reactions in rare cases. In some situations appointed tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline), but in smaller doses than for the treatment of depression. They should be taken only under medical supervision.
Restoration of normal intestinal microflora
Almost all bowel disease accompanied dysbiosis, so the background of the treatment is necessary to normalize the microflora. To do this, apply the following groups of products:
- Probiotics: Linex, atsepol, bifidumbakterin
Bifidumbacterin - restores normal intestinal microflora
, Laktobakterin. They contain live bacteria of normal flora, which arrive in the intestine and colonize it. The number of microorganisms contained therein, depend on the duration and storage conditions, because of the preparations should be in a cool dark place. Another disadvantage is that only a tenth of live bacteria into the intestine.
- Prebiotics: laktofiltrum, Lactusan, prelaks. These funds stimulate the growth of own microflora in the intestinal lumen. Prebiotics are carbohydrates, so the terms and conditions of storage almost no effect on their useful properties.
- Simbiotiki: Normospectrum, bifilar. These combined means that contain both probiotics and prebiotics.
If signs of intestinal diseases it is necessary to consult a doctor. Treatment may be appointed only after a medical examination and diagnosis.