Normal stools can be different for each individual. For some it is a normal bowel movement two or three times a day for someone - once in two days. The average rate is one chair in the day, but the general rule is that normal chair does not have to be painful, and should not cause a person any discomfort. When constipation defecation becomes rare and sometimes very painful. Constipation is chronic and can come and go from time to time. It can be caused by drug administration, the health and poor mobility or diet which lacks tissue or fluid.
The recommended diet for constipation include: vegetables, fruits (especially dried fruits) and some cereals (rye, various bran, oatmeal) - they are excellent sources of fiber. Easy to remember: that the harder a vegetable or fruit is, the more fiber in it. In addition to fiber working as efficiently as possible, you need to drink lots of water - at least eight glasses a day.
Children up to 1 year
Babies who are breastfed, rarely suffer from constipation; at artificial feeding it occurs much more frequently. When the child has constipation is recommended to consult a doctor. Some dietary changes can also relieve the symptoms of constipation:
- Give your child a bottle or spoon 25-50 grams of apple juice (do not insist if he refuses).
- Kids who have already started to eat solid food, constipation can give a little bit of grated vegetables or fruit.
Children older than one year and preschoolers
- The diet should conform to the general guidelines on nutrition for children of this age.
- Give your child more fruits and vegetables, whole wheat bread instead of the usual, as well as whole-grain cereals. Make sure your child drinks plenty of fluids; teach him to drink water
How to drink water to lose weight
; it is desirable not to give the child a sweet carbonated drinks.
Younger students and adolescents
- For constipation in children this age are advised to refer to the principles of healthy eating as well as those who eat properly, rarely suffer from constipation. Include in the diet of baby vegetables, fruits, grain cereals, dairy products. Prunes, dried apricots and other dried fruits - some of the best natural remedies for constipation. In addition, as often as possible, let children broths and vegetable puree.
- Adequate intake of liquid is needed for the treatment and prevention of constipation. The amount of liquid required children depends on age, weight and mildew, activity level and the ambient temperature. Talk to your doctor to determine how much fluid you need your child.
- Adults, like young people, constipation is recommended that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy products. When severe constipation is recommended for one or two days, drink plenty of yogurt or sour milk, and eat vegetables and dried fruits.
- If constipation persists for two or three days, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Nutrition for atonic constipation
When atonic constipation proper diet must be combined with a feasible exercise. In order to make the intestines to move more actively, it should be enough to fill. For this purpose, it is recommended intake of food rich in roughage. This fresh vegetables, fruits, cereals. Well suited, for example, a salad of fresh cabbage and carrots with vegetable oil. But some people are hard to tolerate raw vegetables, as a result of a small enzyme deficiency, they may swell from a food stomach (flatulence). Such patients are recommended boiled vegetables, such as salad. Vegetables and fruits are better to use in the form of pieces, not in the form of puree.
When atonic constipation is recommended to drink a sufficient amount of vegetable oils, such as olive (sunflower and also is fine). Promotes bowel sweet dishes - they irritate the mucous membrane of the intestine and make it move. Therefore, the diet must be honey and other sweet dishes, as well as dried fruits (prunes, figs, apricots). Great revitalizing effect on the intestines also have milk drinks, fruit and vegetable juices.
In any case, people who suffer from atonic constipation should eat daily a large amount of low-calorie food. Calorie better to reduce the expense of animal fats (fatty meats and fish, fatty dairy products).
Power spastic constipation
Power spastic constipation completely different. The purpose of the diet - mechanical and chemical sparing the intestine. Therefore, in the diet of people suffering from spastic constipation, should not be a large amount of fiber, and vegetables should be made only in the form of semi-milled (puree). The food is steamed, boiled or stewed. Excluded cold dishes - they stimulate the motor activity of the intestine.
It is recommended to increase the amount of fat in the diet, especially dairy (cream, butter) and vegetable - they relieves spasms of smooth muscles of the intestine. In this useful mineral waters Slavyanovskaya, Essentuki-17 Batalinskaya cold or warmed form.
You can not eat vegetables rich in essential oils
Essential oils and conception: can help the roses?
Garlic health: almost a panacea
Benefits and harms of radish: what you need to know about this vegetable
, Radishes and so on), spices, canned, smoked, marinated and grilled dishes. And, of course, you must avoid stress and heavy loads (both physical and mental).
Of great importance in spastic constipation is a regular (at the same time) release of the intestine. In order to accustom to this body, it is recommended in the morning on an empty stomach to drink a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice, half an hour for breakfast, and another half an hour cause stool, stomach or massaged rhythmically pulling the anus. Over time, these methods are not needed, as elaborated conditioned reflexes.
Constipation - this is not just an unpleasant condition, it can be a sign of a serious illness, which requires timely detection and treatment.