Antihistamines: how to neutralize the negative effects of histamine? - Side effects when taking H2-blockers of histamine receptors
April 23, 2009
- Antihistamines: how to neutralize the negative effects of histamine?
- Blockers of histamine H2-receptor
- Nizatidine and ranitidine
- Side effects when taking H2-blockers of histamine receptors
- Antagonists of histamine H2 receptor
Side effects when taking H2-blockers of histamine receptors
In addition to the favorable effect of the drug can have side effects. Although not all of the following side effects observed in all cases, they may require medical intervention.
When at least one of the following side effects as soon as possible to see a doctor:
- Abdominal pain;
- Back pain, leg or stomach;
- Bleeding or sores on the lips;
- Dermatitis, burning, redness, peeling or skin sensitization;
- Skin rash on the palms and soles;
- Blurred vision or loss of clarity;
- Cough or difficulty swallowing;
- Darkening of the color of urine;
- Tachycardia and bradycardia
Bradycardia - when the heart stops
- An increase in temperature (fever) and / or chills;
- Flu-like symptoms;
- General weakness and discomfort;
- Inflammation of blood vessels;
- Joint pain;
- Bright, chair;
- Frequent change of mood or mental changes, including anxiety, agitation, confusion, hallucinations (visual and auditory), depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
, Nervousness, or severe mental illness
Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help?
- Muscle cramps or pain;
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- Peeling skin;
- Red or bloodshot eyes;
- Shortness of breath;
- A sore throat;
- Wounds, ulcers or white spots on the lips, in the mouth or on the genitals;
- Sudden shortness of breath;
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue, or eyelids;
- Swelling of the hands and feet;
- Swollen glands or sensitization;
- The feeling of tightness chest;
- Sudden bleeding or bruising;
- Unusual fatigue or weakness;
- Abnormally slow or irregular breathing;
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin
Also available are side effects that do not require medical intervention. These side effects can disappear during the treatment, after the body adapts to the drug. In addition, your doctor may recommend ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Consult your doctor if any of these side effects persists or causes discomfort:
Less common or rare
- Decreased sexual desire;
- Reduced sexual potency (particularly in patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, taking high doses of cimetidine for at least one year);
- Difficulty urinating;
- Dry mouth or dry skin;
- Increase or decrease the urge to urinate;
- Excessive sweating;
- Hair loss;
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears;
- Runny nose;
- Swelling of the breast or chest pain in women
Chest pain in women - a real threat or a variant of the norm?
- Sleep disorders
Not all of the side effects listed above have been observed in the case of each of these drugs, but at least one of them. All H2-histamine blockers are similar, so that any of the above side effects may be observed with any of these medications.
In some cases, there may be other side effects not listed above. If you notice at the other side effects, contact your doctor.
Suprastin - the most popular drug allergies - Antihistamine drugs
May 23, 2010
- Suprastin - the most popular drug allergy
- Antihistamine drugs
Histamine - a biologically active substance that causes allergic reactions. It histamine causes tissue swelling, itching, secretions, and the dramatic expansion of the blood vessels in allergic reactions.
Antihistamine drugs do not cause a decrease in the amount of histamine, but they block the tissue receptors sensitive to histamine (H1-receptors) and can not manifest its action.
Drugs in this group eliminate or reduce the action of histamine following: increased tone of smooth muscles of the bronchial tubes, intestines, uterus, lower blood pressure (part), increased permeability of small blood vessels (capillaries) with the development of swelling, redness and itching of the skin and mucous membranes.
Furthermore, these drugs have a number of other properties. So, for suprastin diphenhydramine, and typically depressing effect on the central nervous system - soothing and hypnotic effect.
Apply this group of drugs in various allergic conditions, especially in lesions of the skin and mucous membranes - urticaria, angioedema, allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis. But a severe allergic reaction (eg, anaphylactic shock), these drugs are ineffective.
Suprastin (INN - Chloropyramine) - an antihistamine drug group blockers H1-receptor, which is available as tablets and solution for injection. Suprastin suppresses the activity of histamine receptor type H1, thereby reducing capillary permeability (prevents the occurrence of edema). Suprastin also has a calming effect, relieves itching and to some extent relieves bronchospasm.
The ingestion (or after injection), the drug is absorbed into the bloodstream and distributed in various organs including the central nervous system. Suprastin decomposed in the liver and then excreted through the kidneys in the urine as metabolites. Isolation of the drug in children can occur more quickly than adults.
Indications and contraindications for use suprastin
Suprastin take the following diseases and conditions:
- allergic diseases: allergic rashes, including urticaria, allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis;
- immediate type allergic reactions - angioneurotic edema and anaphylactic shock (in the complex therapy);
- for the prophylaxis and treatment of allergic reactions to the introduction of any pharmaceuticals or diagnostic agents, insect bites, and so forth;
- Suprastin contraindicated if you are hypersensitive drug, glaucoma, prostate gland adenoma with severe passing urine, pregnancy and nursing
Breastfeeding - a personal choice
feeding, the children of the first month of life.
The caution should be applied suprastin the elderly, patients with hepatic insufficiency, heart disease, as well as an exacerbation of erosive and ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and urinary retention. When receiving suprastin prohibited from driving vehicles and operating machinery.
Side effects suprastin
Suprastin may cause the following side effects:
- Central nervous system: headache, lethargy, fatigue, drowsiness, incoordination, irritability
Irritability - you try to control my temper
, Trembling in the limbs and throughout the body, seizures, persistent elevation of mood (euphoria), blurred vision;
- the gastro-intestinal tract: nausea, dry mouth;
- Other side effects: difficulty urinating, decreased blood pressure, heart rate, heart rhythm disorders, allergic reactions to the drug, including an allergy to sunlight, increased intraocular pressure; in some cases it may be a sharp decline in immunity (due to the decrease of white blood cells, which carry a protective function), and anemia (red blood cells - red blood cells stick together - this is called hemolysis).
- Suprastin should be carefully used in conjunction with sedative, analgesic agents, some agents for the treatment of depression
Depression - a little more than a bad mood
, Atropine - all the effects of these agents may increase.
Symptoms of overdose suprastin
Symptoms of overdose suprastin - this oppression, or central nervous system excitation, hallucinations (patients see, hear and feel what is actually there), incoordination, convulsions, dilated pupils, dry mouth, fever, very rarely - unconsciousness and coma. Treatment: gastric lavage, and take about 20 tablets of activated charcoal
Activated carbon - old but indispensable
. If the condition does not improve, call an ambulance.