Logest - side effects: beware of blood clots
November 18, 2011
Logest, like the rest of modern hormonal contraceptives, it has many side effects and contraindications. That is why a woman should not start taking their own such contraceptives. If, however, before they carry out the necessary examination technique and carefully weigh all the indications and contraindications, the risk of complications is significantly reduced.
Why hormonal contraceptives have side effects
In our body, everything is interconnected. A large number of a substance, even the vital body, be sure to have a negative impact on the state of other organs and systems. For example, a large number of female hormones produces a clear and pronounced effect is the inhibition of secretion of pituitary gonadotropins - the main endocrine glands, which has a regulating effect on all the other endocrine glands.
But other than that explicit expression of action, sex hormones also have many other influences, not expressions such different organs and systems. For example, they enhance blood clotting, which in turn causes the formation of blood clots and severe side effects such as thrombosis of major arteries and veins. Such complications can lead to death even women, and if you do not take into account contraindications to taking these drugs.
Hence the indispensable condition for the appointment of hormonal contraceptives - preliminary thorough examination of women and revealing her possible contraindications for this type of contraception.
Side effects Logest in the form of increased thrombus formation
Logest is a low-dose hormonal contraceptives, so the side effects of its reception are rare. However, they are. First of all, it is, of course, thrombosis, which are rare, and yet they have to fear. That is why manufacturers do not recommend taking Logest in diseases such as varicose veins, which can lead to stagnation of venous blood and the formation of thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the walls of veins on a background of deep vein thrombosis). This is a very dangerous condition, as can thrombus detachment and his "journey" through the circulatory system. This blood clot eventually clog a blood vessel. From the magnitude and significance of the vessel tissue which it supplies blood will depend on the patient's condition.
High blood pressure, coronary heart disease, which occurs on the background of atherosclerosis, cerebrovascular accident, heart rhythm disorders can also lead to thrombosis of blood vessels, so they are included in the list of contraindications for admission Logest.
Elevated blood clot happens in diabetes with vascular complications, inflammation of the pancreas, so in these diseases logest also contraindicated.
A detailed listing of all the diseases that can cause high blood clots, in the instructions to Logest avoids the most severe complications of hormonal contraceptives - thrombosis. When receiving Logest they are extremely rare.
Side effects Logest associated with liver disease
The liver - an organ in which the majority of decomposed substances before they are removed from the body. Therefore, the liver is always experiencing high loads, whereby it affected cells. Severe toxic effects (eg, alcohol), the cells die and in their place grows connective tissue - formed cirrhosis.
Female sex hormones and break down into metabolites in the liver and in violation of its functions can accumulate in the body. Therefore, the instructions for Logest noted that in diseases of the liver, which are accompanied by a violation of its functions logest contraindicated. It is allowed to use only after complete recovery of liver function.
Other side effects Logest
Less dangerous side effects are Logest:
- from the gastrointestinal tract - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms
- Are rare;
- from the genitals - the changing nature of vaginal discharge, spotting
Spotting - it is important to rule out pathology
and breakthrough uterine bleeding
Uterine bleeding outside of menstruation - a sign of a serious breach
Arising out of menstruation;
- on the part of the endocrine system - a sense of tension in the breasts and increase discharge from the nipples, weight gain, disturbances of sexual desire, the appearance of age spots on the face (chloasma);
- the central nervous system and sensory organs - unstable mood, tearfulness, irritability
Irritability - you try to control my temper
, Depressed mood, headache (including migraine, pain when one half of the head), decreased performance, visual disturbances, poor tolerance of contact lenses;
- allergic reactions - urticaria, angioedema, various skin rashes.
Logest - hormonal contraceptive that provides minimal side effects, however, and must be taken into account.
Restoring the integrity of the fallopian tube - how to eliminate the consequences of sterilization
December 7, 2008
Sometimes a woman, decided not to have children, cancel it. In the US, about 650 000 women who have had recourse to a tubal ligation, are turning to specialists in order to restore their integrity - are in the reproductive age, many are willing to acquire offspring. So they are no longer sterile - about 25% of women who applied to this problem to the doctor decide it, and during the first five years, pregnant.
The process of restoring the integrity of the fallopian tubes
Restoring the integrity of the pipe - is the elimination of tubal sterilization. This is a surgical procedure by which a woman's fertility is restored. During the intervention of severed fragments of the fallopian tubes are connected. After him, the woman appears again the possibility of natural conception
Conception, ovarian cycle, fertilization and genetics of a child
. This operation is performed by a specialist reproductive surgery, having passed rigorous training.
In deciding to undergo surgery, a woman must give an opinion on experts performed before surgery tubal ligation. To restore their integrity is performed microsurgery. One fragment of the fallopian tube, called the proximal attached to the uterus, and the second, called the distal ends pili fimbriae i.e., located closer to the ovary. During operation, these two pieces are joined together.
Compound technician to perform very accurate, if the diameter of the two identical fragments. Otherwise, the probability of a normal pregnancy is reduced. The success of the operation also depends on how long the fallopian tube to be formed. Initially it reaches about 8 inches, and after surgery should be 3-4 inches.
Women subjected to such surgery, spends in the hospital not more than a day, in rare cases - for 2-3 days. The operation lasts 1-2 hours and performed under general or local anesthesia. The postoperative period takes about a month and a half.
Methods of restoring the integrity of the pipe
Laparoscopic: the minimally invasive surgical process, which uses miniature instruments.
- The patient performed general anesthesia, 10 mm trocar (tube) is introduced into the lower segment of the abdominal cavity and through a special gas is supplied.
- Gas filling the peritoneal cavity, allows access to the necessary authority.
- Through the laparoscope are examined pelvic and abdominal cavity.
- We investigate the obstruction of pipes, studied the means used for dressing - brackets, clamps, ligatures.
- The three special instruments whose diameter is less than 5 mm, the obstruction is removed, the fragments of pipe ready for connection.
Compound fragments carried by the catheter tube, which is placed in the uterus. The walls of the tubes are sewn through the stent and thin surgical suture. A so-called anastomosis; then to check the patency of the tube into the uterus through the cervical canal is injected dye. The smooth passage of the dye indicates the integrity and patency of the fallopian tube.
Surgical instruments are removed from the abdominal cavity, it is also pumped from the gas. Three hours after the operation the patient can return home, the assessment is carried out every 5-7 days. Superimposed stitches dissolve and are absorbed by the body. Operated woman should get pregnant within 3 months after the restoration of the pipe to prevent ectopic (tubal ectopic) pregnancy.
The benefits of laparoscopic surgery
- Low-traumatic surgery, compared with other methods.
- The duration of the recovery process is small.
- Pain is minimal.
- Almost no postoperative complications.
- There are no scars.
To restore the integrity of the fallopian tubes using microsurgical technique - very precise and gentle - with the help of the thinnest needle stitched fabric layers.
- The microscopic size of the joints allow the patient to recover quickly.
- Tissue damage is minimal.
- Microsurgical operation virtually bloodless.
Directly above the pubic bone is a small hole in the abdominal wall. The patient is carried out local anesthesia of the operated area. Using microsurgical instruments are reliable stitching fragments of the fallopian tube. Instruments similar to those used in laparoscopic surgery.
Advantages of mini-laparotomy technique
- Overlay cosmetic seams that are invisible after healing virtually.
- The postoperative period passes almost always without complications, pain is minimal.
This operation is performed to create openings in the fallopian tube, connecting it with the abdomen cavity. It is held in the case of tubal ligation method was used fimbriektomii (fringed fragment of the fallopian tube, adjacent to the ovary was removed, and the free end thereof is sutured to the uterus).
Blocking the tubes is eliminated and to connect its fragments using soft and flexible stent. Then superimposed microsurgical suture, providing a secure fit connection, and the stent is removed. The final choice of method of operation to restore the integrity of the fallopian tubes
Fallopian tubes: an important part of the reproductive system
commits a surgeon to thoroughly examine the patient's medical history and ligation method applied previously.
For what purpose should be a recovery operation
- To eliminate symptoms associated with tubal ligation
- Painful, irregular periods
- Symptoms of early menopause
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Vaginal dryness
- Angina attacks
- Sleep disorders
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
- Severe premenstrual syndrome
- Decreased libido
- Remarriage and the desire to make it offspring
- The sudden death of a child
- The desire to have children in a childless marriage
- Religious motives
The success of the operation to restore the integrity of the pipe
The success rate is 20% -70%, depending on a variety of factors:
- Type of tubal ligation carried out earlier.
- The extent of tissue damage in the course of ligation.
- Age of the patient. Women over 40 should undergo thorough examination and to consult a doctor, and only then make a decision.
- The health status of women and the degree of tubal patency.
- The analysis of seminal fluid partner.
- Production of eggs the patient.
In general, the recovery operation in the integrity of the pipe is successful in women who:
- During the operation of dressing were imposed brackets or clamps.
- In order to sterilize
Sterilization - may be temporarily
It was removed a small piece of pipe.
- Effects of anesthesia
- Damage to neighboring organs
- The risk of ectopic pregnancy.