A biopsy of the cervix - it hurt?
January 27, 2013
Almost all women who suffer from diseases of the cervix, experienced medical procedures such as a biopsy of the cervix
A biopsy of the cervix - do not assume the worst
. A biopsy of the cervix is one of the main methods of diagnosis and helps in almost 100% of cases, the correct diagnosis. However, those patients who have yet to go through the survey, most of them to be afraid of the pain. No matter how they tried to find out from the doctor to answer the question of whether a biopsy of the cervix - it hurts or not, in any case, do not get satisfaction. Soreness of this procedure depends on many factors, not the least role in this is the woman herself.
The concept of a biopsy of the cervix
A biopsy of the cervix - is a medical manipulation (ie, performs a doctor himself), during which the cervix by pinch off or cut off a piece of it. Later taken portion of the cervix is sent to histological analysis, which implies that the cervical biopsy is a diagnostic procedure. There are several types of biopsy of the cervix:
- needle biopsy (collection of material made with a needle);
- incisional biopsy (surgical removal);
- endoscopic biopsy;
- aspiration biopsy (pumping material from the cervical canal).
Cervical biopsy is performed the electrical loop with a scalpel or special tweezers.
Strictly speaking, a biopsy of the cervix is considered to be painless or maloboleznennoy procedure. Primarily this is because the cervix is almost no pain receptors, and secondly, that the manipulation itself takes only a few minutes.
To carry out the manipulation of the patient is placed in a gynecological chair
Gynaecological chair: Take a closer look
. Then, after the aseptic processing of the external genitalia exposed the cervix in the mirrors. For the convenience of the procedure the cervix is fixed bullet tongs - it can be said, another unpleasant moment. Pinching cervical forceps is a couple of seconds, and the pain is comparable to the pain at a pinch. After that the staining of cervical Lugol solution (iodine solution) for a clearer definition of the pathological area. The last step is the manipulation otschipyvanie or scalpel cutting pieces of fabric neck.
From what appears pain during the biopsy
As noted above, the pain at the time of such diagnostic procedures depends on many factors. The main factors include:
- inflammation and irritation of tissue of the cervix (inflammation itself causes pain, and in combination with the more biopsy);
- technique of manipulation (taking a piece of the neck of an electric loop or tweezers much more tolerant compared with scalpel excision);
- volume carried biopsy (e.g., cervical conization painful);
- woman's pain threshold (everyone has their sensitivity);
- emotionality patient (excitable and hysterical women suffer painful procedure);
- patient attitude (if the woman is assured in advance in a painful procedure, then it will definitely feel pain during the procedure).
The postoperative period
After a biopsy of the cervix a woman be bothered spotting
Spotting - it is important to rule out pathology
for a period of five - ten days, dragging pain in the abdomen. This condition is normal. To relieve the pain, doctors recommend taking painkillers (eg Nurofen or indomethacin). In addition, in the name to avoid complications of biopsy of the cervix should observe the following recommendations:
- within two weeks to stop sex;
- do not lift weights (no more than three kilograms);
- not douche or use vaginal suppositories;
- not to attend bath
Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures
- only take a shower (not bath).
Compliance with all of these recommendations will not only reduce the risk of postoperative complications, but also facilitate the postoperative period. Every woman needs to know that the occurrence of complications after biopsy of the cervix is fraught with the emergence or intensification of pain.
Inspection on the gynecological chair: not so scary
April 3, 2012
Gynecological examination among other things includes the inspection on the gynecological chair. Of course, the procedure is unpleasant, but you need to be inspected every woman twice a year. False shame and fear of the chair, the lack of time and a variety of business makes to postpone a visit to the gynecologist for an indefinite period of time. And yet, a regular pelvic exam is not a formality, and reveals a variety of diseases, even in the absence of complaints. In principle, a pelvic examination is not so terrible as the inspection of other doctors.
Preparations for gynecological examinations
To visit the gynecologist was the most informative, should prepare for it in advance:
- the eve of the visit should take a shower and change underwear;
- bladder and rectum prior to inspection must be drained, otherwise it will be difficult examination and will cause discomfort in women palpation of internal genital organs;
- is strictly prohibited douche before gynecological examination
Gynecological examination: an important component of women's health
Especially antiseptic solution (otherwise the picture of the vaginal microflora is uninformative, up to the "sterile" smears);
- one day before the examination, it is desirable to refuse sexual acts (the presence of sperm and microflora partner "smazhet" picture vaginal smears);
- gynecological examination, it is desirable to pass the first phase of the menstrual cycle, immediately after the monthly (except in case of emergency: the occurrence of pain or bleeding);
- before the inspection is not necessary to enjoy the intimate perfume;
- gynecological examination after a course of antibiotic therapy should undergo only two weeks after its completion;
- on inspection should seize Plain diaper and clean socks.
Inspection is carried out on a gynecological chair
Gynaecological chair: Take a closer look
horizontally. A woman should stay so that her pelvic end was on the very edge of the chair and her feet in special slingshot (patella). Before inspecting a chair should lay a diaper and put on socks. During external examination the doctor evaluates the hairiness of the external genitalia, inspects the inner thighs for varicose veins and excess hair, roughness and flaking. When viewed from the large and small labia estimated their hypoplasia
Hypoplasia - a congenital malformation of the fetus
or hypertrophy, pale or dry. In addition, the estimated state of the anus (the presence of hemorrhoids and fissures). Also during the visual inspection reveals the omission or loss of the vaginal walls.
Examination by a vaginal mirrors
The next step is the examination of vaginal examination using a mirror. Vaginal mirrors come in two types: and spoon-shaped leaf. Inspection mirror with the power to evaluate the state of the vagina and cervix. On examination of the vaginal walls is taken into account the scope (narrow, capacious), mucosal folds, the color (pale, bright red or pink), scarring and character selections (consistency, color and smell). On examination of the cervix is assessed its surface, the presence of lesions (erosion, leukoplakia), the state of the external os, the character selections (depending on the cervical mucus can determine the phase of the menstrual cycle). If necessary, the colposcopy
Colposcopy - how to prepare it properly?
(examination of the cervix under magnification a special device - a colposcope).
The internal investigation is palpation (palpation) of the internal reproductive organs. Specifies the size, position, shape and texture of the uterus. Normally, the uterus has the following dimensions: 7-9 cm long and 4-6 cm wide, its surface is smooth, pear shape, elastic consistency and uterine body bent forward and upward. In the presence of fibroids uterus is a dense, hilly, increased in size.
Of the uterus (tubes and ovaries) palpable turn to the right and left sides. Normally, palpation of painless, no adhesions, and the ovaries are defined as flexible, elongated forms of education. In addition, the estimated depth of the vaginal vault (in the presence of inflammatory vaginal vault flattened, and their painful palpation).
- gynecological examination