- Diflucan - instruction: study prescribing and dosing
Diflucan can be taken with food or on their own, at any time of the day. Typically, for a full treatment of fungal infection takes a few days - even though symptoms of fungal disease may disappear in the first twenty-four hours after taking Diflucan, to ensure successful treatment may require prolonged drug.
Diflucan (active ingredient - fluconazole) - antifungal agent from the group of synthetic triazole. The main indications for the reception of the drug:
- Genital candidiasis (yeast infection of the vagina caused by a fungus Candida, women and balanitis, an inflammation of the glans penis in men).
- Oropharyngeal and esophageal candidiasis (a fungal colonies esophagus and pharynx), as well as fungal infections of the urinary tract, abdomen.
- Systemic candidiasis (including candidemia, disseminated candidiasis).
- Cryptococcal meningitis
Meningitis - an inflammation of the meninges
Furthermore, Diflucan can be used for preventing fungal diseases where the immune system has been weakened by some treatments (such as chemotherapy
Chemotherapy - it always falls the hair?
or radiotherapy), and there is a risk of the disease return.
Possible side effects of Diflucan
Stop taking the drug is necessary for detecting the first signs of an allergic reaction - skin rash, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat. When the following side effects of Diflucan need to seek medical help:
- Nausea, abdominal pain, fever, loss of appetite, change in urine color to a darker, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- Fever, chills, body aches, symptoms of a cold / flu;
- Red, scaly skin rash on the skin;
- Atypical weakness, constant bruising, poor blood clotting
The dosage of the drug for adults
Vaginal candidiasis (thrush)
The recommended dose for the treatment of thrush Diflucan
Treating Thrush: how to get rid of bad fungus
- One hundred and fifty milligrams of the drug once orally.
Because Diflucan absorption after oral administration is very fast, the daily dose is the same for any of its forms (tablets, suspension). As a rule, on the first day of treatment is recommended to double the dose for the rapid achievement of maximum concentration of the active ingredients of Diflucan in the plasma.
The recommended dose of Diflucan for the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis - two hundred milligrams of the drug on the first day of treatment, and one hundred milligrams of the drug daily for the subsequent treatment. As a rule, all the symptoms of oropharyngeal candidiasis in the treatment diflyukanom disappear after a few days, but the duration of treatment should be at least two weeks to prevent recurrence of the disease.
The recommended dose of Diflucan for the treatment of esophageal candidiasis - two hundred milligrams of the drug on the first day of treatment, and one hundred milligrams of the drug daily for the subsequent treatment. Depending on the response to therapy, daily dose may be increased to four hundred milligrams. The minimum duration of treatment in the esophageal candidiasis diflyukanom - three weeks (two weeks after the disappearance of symptoms).
Systemic candidiasis form
For the treatment of any form of systemic candidiasis (disseminated candidiasis, candidemia, and so on) the optimal dosage of the drug and duration of treatment is determined in each case (a daily dose of Diflucan can be up to four hundred milligrams).
Fungal urinary tract infections: For the treatment of urinary tract diseases caused by fungal microorganisms of the genus Candida, the recommended dosage of the drug is fifty-two hundred milligrams daily Diflucan.
The recommended dose of Diflucan for the treatment of acute cryptococcal meningitis
Cryptococcal meningitis - a serious illness
- Four hundred milligrams of the drug on the first day of treatment, and two hundred milligrams of the drug daily throughout the course of treatment. Depending on the reaction body Diflucan daily dosage may be increased to four hundred milligrams. The recommended duration of treatment for cryptococcal meningitis - ten to twelve weeks.