Oatmeal: how to make a useful tasty
September 23, 2011
- Oatmeal: how to make a useful tasty
- Oatmeal Recipes
- Oat cookies
For some people, oatmeal - a taboo. Her insipid discourage anyone, despite the fact that it is very useful. But there are ways to make a delicious oatmeal: oatmeal cookies, oatmeal bar, baked oatmeal and crisp apple pie with oatmeal. So what is oatmeal?
In most cases, used for cooking porridge for breakfast cereals, and more baking something, or as a filling. By itself, the oats in pure form is not used. First, it must be removed from the outer shell of the grain oblupit very strong sheluhi.Posle being purified from oat grain outer husk, the product which is obtained as a result is referred to as oatmeal. By its nature, this is very nutritious cereal. Whole grains should be prepared for a long time, but in that case they will bring maximum benefit. Oatmeal can be mixed with berries, and use as a filling.
When the oat grains peels, stripped and rolled up, the product obtained eventually known as "Hercules" or oat flakes. "Hercules" is used for cooking breakfast, it is a component of the cereal, and is also used for cooking oatmeal cookies.
Much difference in terms of benefits among different types of oats there, but it is milled rolled oats are used in baking oatmeal cookies and bread from a rich flavor and a firmer texture of oats. Oat flour is made from oat flakes, and when people talk about oatmeal, they mean porridge prepared from oats.
All the benefits of oatmeal
Oatmeal, is used in various forms, whether it's oatmeal cookies, granola, oatmeal bars, makes his invaluable contribution to the health of our body in the form of nutrients. Compared with other types of cereal, oatmeal contains many nutrients, which are vital for the normal functioning of the body. Nutritious oatmeal - this is a full day diet, which can be used at any time of the year.
- Fiber: in oatmeal contains soluble and insoluble fiber. Advantages of fiber: reduced risk of heart disease, reducing cholesterol levels, the normalization of weight and pressure, improving glycemic control, decrease the risk of cancer and improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Trace elements: if you include oatmeal to your daily diet, the body will replenish reserves of iron, calcium, magnesium, thiamin, and phosphorus. These micronutrients are necessary for growth and strengthen the teeth, bones and muscle mass.
- Other nutrients, which is rich in oatmeal - sodium, vitamin E, K, B6, B2, niacin and folic acid
Folic acid - the value is hard to overestimate
. All minerals and vitamins play an important role in the normal functioning of the nervous system, makes a strong connective tissues and stimulate the influx of energy.
- Rich in protein oatmeal fills the body with energy. The oatmeal contains as much protein as in soybeans, milk, eggs and meat.
- Complex carbohydrates: the advantage of complex carbohydrates which are contained in oat products, is that they are converted into glucose significantly slower than ordinary carbohydrates, so they constantly supplying energy in the body during the day. Oatmeal - a complex carbohydrate foods in the natural form.
- Powerful antioxidant
Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious benefits
: Oatmeal contains a large amount of flavonoids, which are antioxidants. Being rich in antioxidants, oatmeal protect against gastritis, lung cancer and prostatitis. Antioxidants oatmeal prevent clogging of the artery walls, thus avoiding diseases of the cardiovascular system.
All the health benefits of oatmeal
- Reducing the risk of increasing the pressure
- Controlling insulin levels
The principles of action of insulin - the science of saving lives
and blood glucose
- Reducing the level of cholesterol and weight loss
- Reducing the risk of hormonal disorders
- Prevention of cancer of the internal organs
- Regular consumption of oatmeal prevents constipation
- Helps stabilize estrogen levels
- Oatmeal is an active antidepressant, helps to remain calm and treat depression
- It is a natural immunostimulant
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women
- The nutrients contained in oatmeal, are particularly necessary for maintaining healthy teeth in children
The teeth in children - any abnormalities need treatment?
- Prevents bowel disease
Soy sauce in the diet: yes or no?
September 8, 2014
Most diets for weight loss limit the use of salt: it gets rid of excess water in the body and in a short time to lose considerable weight. Sometimes it is recommended to use instead of salt in the diet soy sauce, but the opinion of nutritionists and fitness trainers on such a replacement were divided.
Soy sauce: the origins and characteristics
Soy sauce is traditional for Asian cuisine: China this dish appeared in the VIII century BC. Interestingly, initially was preparing a sauce of salt and water, soybeans began to add it later.
Europeans met with an exotic sauce much later: the first mention of it belong to the XVIII century. At the same time there have been attempts to prepare this product outside Asia, but they were unsuccessful. As a result, the market for a long time reigned Japanese soy sauce, later it was replaced by the Chinese, who was preparing a little different technology.
Interestingly, a special flavor of soy sauce has its own name - minds (in Japanese - "taste"). The original flavor of the sauce gives MSG, which is formed as a result of fermentation.
Traditional soy sauce is preparing for a long time, used for cooking soybeans and wheat grains infected by fungi. Ingredients are fermented for a long time, and only then soya sauce gets its unique qualities.
Modern sauces are often prepared on the simplified technology with the use of hydrolyzed protein. These sauces are well kept, but, according to doctors, may have carcinogenic properties.
The composition and caloric content
Soy sauce can be of different kinds, and they may differ from each other not only taste but also production technology, as well as nutritional value. The average calorie sauce can be 50-70 kcal. 100 grams of product contains about 6 grams of protein and carbohydrates and no more than two grams of fat. Sometimes thickened sauces the starch, whereas carbohydrate contained in them is certainly more.
Any soy sauce contains considerable amounts of sodium, as well as some iron, manganese and zinc. A lot of soy sauce in the amino acids: histidine, valine, leucine, methionine, tryptophan and others. There are also vitamins of group B.
Since soy sauce, unlike many other sauces and dressings, contain virtually no fat, it is often recommended for those who want to lose weight. This low-calorie product has a bright expressive flavor, thanks to which soy sauce turns "boring" diet foods into small masterpieces. However, nutritionists have not reached a consensus on the use of soy sauce during the diet.
- As the product contains only a small amount of carbohydrates malokalorien and contains almost no fat, can be used in moderate amounts of soy sauce in the Dukan Diet, carbohydrate-free, low-fat, low-calorie diet;
- Taste the sauce goes well with the taste of most protein foods;
- Soy sauce can be used in place of common salt, the use of which many diets limit;
- Enough small amount of sauce to give the dish a vivid taste and aroma. Rich taste will help avoid overeating;
- Soy sauce is good as a dressing for salads. If you dilute the sauce of olive oil in the gas station, the dish is not only acquire an exotic taste, but will be much less high-calorie;
- The soy sauce, cooking on traditional technologies, contains prebiotics - substances that improve digestion.
The arguments "against"
- Sauces, prepared by hydrolyzing technology, are carcinogenic effect, meaning they can induce cancer;
- Even in the traditional soy sauce contains a lot of sodium, which is recommended in the diets restrict. If the food in such a generous seasoning sauce, and without giving up on common salt, the liquid in the body will be delayed, and the weight will go very slowly;
- For the production of soy sauces commonly used genetically modified soybeans to which the attitude of doctors is very ambiguous. So far, scientists have data that allow to predict, as the use of genetically modified products can affect the health of people living and their descendants.
Different diets - different recommendations
And yet: can be consumed soy in the diet or not? Nutritionists believe that it depends primarily on the chosen diet. So many diets for quick weight loss is meant not only getting rid of excess fat, but also the excess water. Eating Pickles can significantly slow the rate of weight loss. Therefore, for example, the traditional weekly buckwheat diet
Buckwheat diet - whether monodiets helpful?
with soy sauce will be much less effective than without this additive.
Long-term (three weeks or more) diets usually not too severely limit the use of salt. Accordingly, soy sauce will not be banned, but to use it, of course, need to moderate. Moreover, some diets recommend the use of this sauce instead of regular salt to give an original and savory food palatable. Exotic delicious do the usual dietary restrictions less onerous, and thus reduce the likelihood of failures.
Thus, the rice diet with soy sauce instead of regular table salt will make the process of losing weight enjoyable. If boiled rice without salt, many feel totally tasteless and bland, the soy sauce, the same cereal cooked in water turns into an interesting dish with intense flavor. It turns out that the sauce (required quality, made by a traditional technology) helps to lose weight with pleasure, without overloading the body with calories.