Natural juices and their useful properties - do without abuse - Chemical composition
July 25, 2010
- Natural juices and their useful properties - do without abuse
- Chemical composition
The chemical composition of the natural juices and their effect on the human body
The main component of natural juice is water, in which hundreds of dissolved organic and inorganic compounds, which are components or living cell or its structural components (carbohydrates, enzymes, hormones, organic acids and so forth). Along with the components typical of all living plants, in certain fruits and vegetables meet the specific substance, the physiological role of which is still not entirely clear. These substances are accumulated in a certain amount in the fruit, are of great interest to humans, but their action is not always clear.
Thus, relatively recently, it was found that grapefruit juice contains useful substances for the organism naringin. But the same naringin able to enhance or inhibit the effects on the human body of various drugs, in connection with what had already been documented cases of overdose of drugs taken in therapeutic doses. The same properties were also observed even in some juices, but they have so far not been explored fully.
By consuming natural juices, we must remember that it drinks that contain a variety of physiologically active substance in high enough concentrations:
- carbohydrates - mainly simple sugars, they will immediately enter the bloodstream and become a source of energy;
- hormones - highly active substances involved in the regulation of the functions of the human body;
- Enzymes - complex organic substances of protein nature, many times accelerate the chemical processes in the body;
- organic acids - they add flavor juice and promote digestion as it stimulates the production of digestive juices;
- volatile - substances which have antimicrobial properties; they are contained in the juices of vegetables and fruits;
- Flavonoids - plant pigments determining the color of the juice capable of altering the body's reaction to other substances, such as allergens, viruses and so on; These, in general, beneficial properties are not fully understood, and no one knows exactly how, for example, flavonoids combined with various medications that modern man takes quite often.
Effects on the body of vitamins and minerals contained in the natural juices multifaceted as each vitamin or mineral exerts its effect.
- Vitamin A - fat-soluble vitamin, which is found only in animal products; in vegetables of fruits contain carotene, from which a human body is formed vitamin A; This vitamin is involved in the formation of visual pigment, provides normal vision, supports the normal condition of the skin, hair and nails, improves the immune system; lot of vitamin A
Vitamin A: An important element of the health and beauty
is contained in carrot, pumpkin, tomato, orange juice;
- B vitamins - a group of energy; B1 - involved in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism (oranges), B2 - in the metabolism of proteins and fats (bananas), B6 - participates in the synthesis and reactions of amino acid metabolism (bananas); B9 (folic acid) - stimulates the production of blood cells (cabbage, beets, bananas
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
, Citrus fruits); a nicotinic acid
Nicotinic acid: what is its benefit to man?
(vitamin PP, niacin) - participates in protein and water-salt metabolism (tomatoes);
- Vitamin C - participates in all types of metabolism, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and the immune system (citrus fruits, tomatoes, berries).
Mineral salts are inorganic acids in the juices in the dissolved state or in the form of oxalate. If they are contained in the body in a sufficiently large quantity, called macrocells (potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, phosphorus, silicon, iron), if small - then microelements (copper, zinc, cobalt, manganese, nickel, silver, aluminum). The mineral salts are contained in the cells of all tissues, part of the vitamins, enzymes, hormones and other biologically active compounds.
Feature of natural juice as a dietary product
All active substances which are contained in natural juices, are quickly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract and enter the bloodstream first, and then the tissue and immediately participate in the metabolism
Metabolism: The basis of life of all living things
. Therefore recommended to drink juice for 30 minutes before a meal - then their useful properties will manifest themselves most.
Drink natural juices should be long, but not liters as recommended by some healers rather than a cup a day, preferably in the morning, before breakfast - it will cause a burst of energy, so necessary for the day's work.
Vegetable juice can be drunk mixed, with some juices can be consumed in large enough quantities to glasses (pumpkin, cucumber, tomato, cabbage), some of the same drink in a small amount (carrot, beetroot), or added to other juices. A freshly prepared beet juice must stand before use 1-2 hours in a cool place, then it is better to dilute juice with water or other; beet juice is best to get used gradually, starting not more than a tablespoon.
Fruit juices containing bones (cherry, plum, apricot, peach) with other juices should not be mixed; fruit juices, within which there are seeds (apples, pears, grapes) are well mixed with other fruit and vegetable juices.
If you take the juices regularly and in moderation, it is possible to achieve excellent results in the recovery of the body. But if you are able to take any medication, you should consult a doctor.
Wood mushrooms - not only tasty, but also useful - Interesting Facts
January 27, 2008
- Wood mushrooms - not only tasty, but also useful
- Interesting facts
A few facts about tree fungus
Wood mushrooms do not grow on trees only, but also on cellulose, straw and other materials. Their taste reminds more seafood than the familiar mushrooms. These mushrooms are large, fleshy hats and short or long legs. The color of the cap depends on the species of the fungus, but it affects the growing environment. Young mushrooms have a color from gray to blue, but with age become light brown. Despite the fact that the cap can be white, yellowish, brown, gray or even pink, flesh is always white fungus. Their mild flavor, and the texture is soft and smooth.
The edible part of the fungus is not only delicious, but also useful. Wood mushrooms are rich in protein, vitamins C and Group B. They have the majority of trace elements needed by man, and in significant quantities. They are two times more calcium, phosphorus and iron than any meat - chicken, pork, beef. A content in the wood mushrooms Vitamin B3 exceeds its content in vegetables 5-10 times.
Wood mushrooms can become one of the components of the power of people of all ages, especially for:
- Suffering from anemia
- People with hypertension
Hypertension - when suffering heart and brain
, Obesity and diabetes: a tree fungus little salt, fat and calories
- Normalization of gastric hyperacidity
- Lower cholesterol
- Improve the overall immunity
Immunity - types and characteristics in children in adults
using a light antibiotic effect of wood fungi
Wood mushrooms can be prepared as a variety of ways, and there is raw. Best of all they are combined with seafood and chicken, and also can be a complement to the soup or sauce. To the mushrooms have given their full flavor and aroma during the cooking process, they should simmer on low heat with a little onion and butter.
Wood mushroom sauce
- 500 grams of wood fungi
- finely chopped hot pepper to taste
- a little bit of garlic
Garlic health: almost a panacea
, Crushed or finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of sauce from wood mushrooms
- basil leaves for sprinkling
- 2 cups water
- tbsp flour
- tablespoons soy sauce
- tablespoon ground pepper
Pour mushroom soy sauce, sprinkle with pepper and leave it on the table for half an hour. The cauldron or deep frying pan pour a little oil, fry in hot oil the garlic and hot pepper. Stir, add the mushrooms and cook over low heat. After a few minutes, add mushroom sauce and flour, mix with water. Mix until a uniform gloss. Sprinkle with chopped basil.