Latent strabismus - is there a need for treatment
November 26, 2014
Violation of fixing eye or crossed eyes can manifest itself in the form of permanent or temporary changes when violations can only be seen under certain circumstances. Latent strabismus is found only in the event that one eye is turned off from the act of binocular vision. Given that the disease does not affect the very act of binocular vision, the special treatment is not required.
How can you identify this form of strabismus
In the process of formation of binocular vision attaches great importance to the friendly eye muscles. There is a perfect balance of muscle, which is the basis for the functioning of the body, when the image of the subject merges binocular. If there is a violation of symmetry in muscle activity, it can lead to hidden strabismus. Its main manifestation is the deviation of the eyes at the time when a person does not capture the look on a certain subject.
Diagnostic value has a fairly simple method for detection of latent squint. To do this, you must disable one of the friendly eye of binocular vision. If one abstracts from some place around the event, thinks or dreams, it becomes noticeable deviation of one eye, which refers to the diagnostic criteria of latent squint.
When unexpressed level changes in humans there are no subjective sensations of complaints. If there is a strong degree of latent squint, you may receive complaints of eye fatigue, especially when working or reading at close range, headache
Headache: Causes and Complications
, Double vision. These complaints help during the examination of the patient in the process of diagnosis.
Availability of features at uncoupling eyes
When latent squint eye muscles work in a state of separation. This may be due to the following factors:
- the presence of anatomical features
- effects of nerve factors
Visual Analyzer provides normal operation of the muscular system, so for any deviation in its functional capacity is a change in muscle tone.
To overcome appeared deviation of one of the eyes, a person needs to overcome a lot of neuro-muscular tension to provide a complete visual work. This leads to the appearance of subjective complaints of a general nature (headache, nausea,
Nausea - there may be problems with the nervous system
, Fatigue, etc.), and the maximum expression of these complaints can be observed with a high degree of strabismus
Strabismus - how to find the cause?
Some states may contribute to the manifestation of these complaints. These include the presence of common diseases, conditions of immune deficiency, mental strain, visual work for a long period of time. These conditions can be considered as predisposing factors, so the impact should be deleted.
Most experts believe the pathological condition only apparent strabismus, when the patient has a true deviation of the eyeball from its normal position. Early treatment should be carried out precisely in these forms of violations of fixation.
Existing methods for correcting violations
Given that the latent strabismus binocular vision is not affected, the prognosis is favorable. In many cases, no treatment, but it is determined by the severity of violations. Often hidden strabismus develops against the background of existing impairment, for example, in the case of myopia
Myopia - just a feature of
or hyperopia. In this situation, appointed by wearing corrective glasses, spend their decentering, that is, increase or decrease the distance between the centers of the pupils.
Sometimes fix a high degree of latent squint just wearing special glasses is not possible, so we have to resort to various methods of surgical correction.
Operative treatment coincide with explicit forms of treatment of strabismus. The need for surgical correction in the latent strabismus is a rare situation, since in most cases it is enough of a therapeutic treatment.
Wearing corrective glasses should be carried out simultaneously with the observance of hygienic measures. It is necessary to create optimal conditions for visual work, which is important to consider the hygiene requirements for room lighting and workplace table where classes are held. If latent strabismus is accompanied by pronounced complaints asthenic character, it attaches great importance to the daily routine. Avoid excessive load on eyesight, try to do a short break between sessions to rest, alternate various kinds of activity, not overwork. Such hygienic measures are important, as they allow to restore the coordinated work of the eye muscles.
If the conductivity range of therapeutic measures (other than surgery) does not have a positive effect, the patient has latent squint, you can recommend wearing prismatic glasses. It is necessary to wear glasses with prisms, with the top of the prize should be sent to the other side, which rejected the eyes. If a person has latent strabismus, it does not mean that necessarily must be carried out optical correction. For its implementation, there are strict indications. These are the indications are complaints about the difficulty of visual work, in all other cases, treatment should start with the carrying out of special exercises and hygienic measures. Prismatic glasses help to significantly improve visual efficiency, eliminate the phenomenon of double vision, which is associated with paresis of the eye muscles.
How to improve vision at home: eating and exercise
August 3, 2014
The eyes of modern people are exposed daily to stress that they did not know more than ever; computers at work and at home, televisions, telephones, that we constantly use in everyday life - all this leads to the fact that problems with eyesight rapidly "younger." Sometimes, improve vision at home can be without glasses, contact lenses and laser correction, but it takes time and patience.
Power to improve vision
The following products will help you to improve and preserve vision in the future:
- Spinach and other greens. Those who want to improve the view, doctors are advised to regularly eat spinach, lettuce, parsley
Parsley Health and Beauty
, Celery, and so on. They contain large amounts of nutrients such as vitamin A, lutein and tseaksantin. Vitamin A helps to protect the cornea from degenerative changes, lutein protects the eyes from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, and tseantaksin increases visual acuity. You can add herbs in salads and other dishes, or daily drink a glass of freshly squeezed juice of greens;
- Salmon. Regular consumption of salmon will help prevent damage to the retina and its related vision problems. Salmon contains high amounts of omega-3, which have a beneficial effect on the body as a whole and, in particular, to the eyes. Experts recommend eating at least two servings of salmon per week. Very useful for the eyes and some other species of marine fish, such as sardines, herring, mackerel and tuna;
- Carrot contains beta-carotene, which is a precursor of Vitamin A, lutein and - both of these substances are necessary for the preservation of visual acuity;
- Blueberries - probably most useful to view the berry. It contains large quantities of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory components, as well as substances that stabilize the collagen and protect the walls of small blood vessels from damage. Moreover, in the composition of the berries contain substances which reduce blood pressure, and also prevents blockage of blood vessels that feed the retina. Regular consumption of blueberries
Benefits and harms of blueberries: the health of the forest
It helps greatly improves vision and slow down some age-related changes affecting the eye;
- Sweet potato has a high concentration of very useful for the eyes of vitamin A. In addition to the properties already mentioned above, this vitamin helps with dryness of the eyes, reduces the risk of developing glaucoma, as well as protects the eyes from some viral and bacterial infections;
- Pepper. If you want to improve vision, regularly eat peppers of different colors - red, yellow, green, orange and even dark purple. They contain high amounts of vitamins A, C and B6. Vitamin C prevents the development of certain eye diseases, including - cataract, vitamin B6 and helps to restore visual acuity (of course, only to a certain degree);
- Walnuts - is another source of omega-3 needed to maintain healthy eyes. In addition, they contain zinc and vitamin E, which have anti-inflammatory properties and have a positive impact on the walls of blood vessels in the eyes. They have similar properties and other nuts - almonds
Use almond: Fertility symbol of peace
, Hazelnut, cashew nuts. To improve vision, it is recommended daily eat no less than a handful of nuts;
- Avocado is rich in nutrients such as lutein, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6;
- Broccoli. This vegetable contains very high amounts of vitamin B2. Lack of this vitamin may cause increased sensitivity of eyes to light, and also leads to inflammation, severe eye fatigue and reduced visual acuity. In the meantime, vitamin B2 may prevent the development of cataract or slow its development;
- Strawberry is a rich source of antioxidants, which help to improve eyesight and to get rid of dry eye. Experts believe that regular consumption of strawberries helps prevent a variety of vision problems and eye diseases, which may result as a permanent work at the computer, and the natural aging process.
Exercises to improve vision
In many cases, the vision can be improved by simple exercises. The only difficulty lies in the fact that they need to do each day - although these exercises are very simple, many people simply do not have the patience to do them regularly. They are most effective if they are carried out every morning, immediately after waking up, before going to bed
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
And every time a person feels that his eyes were tired. If done correctly, the vision will start to improve in a month.
Rub your hands together to warm them, and then for five seconds attach their eyes. Repeat three times in a row. Of course, a person's eyes do not freeze (if we are not talking about extreme supercooling), but is a "warming" increases the efficiency of exercise.
First, lift up his eyes, and then take ten slow rotations, first clockwise and then - counterclockwise.
Hold a pencil in front of you at arm's length, focus and look at its tip. Slowly bring your pen closer to the eyes, never taking his eyes from, until he was about ten inches from the tip of your nose. Then, as slowly pull the pencil at arm's length. Repeat ten times.
Thumb knuckle follow circular massaging motion twenty times in one direction, and the twenty - in the other. Then, just as massage your forehead just above the middle of the eyebrows, the skin at the inner and outer corners of the eyes, and both sides of the bridge.
Sit back, close your eyes and relax for three minutes.
A few more tips
- Get enough sleep. A healthy, restful sleep is needed throughout the body, including - eyes. If you are constantly not getting enough sleep, it is unlikely to be able to improve vision, so try to sleep at least 7-8 hours every night.
- Take breaks. After each hour of work at the computer, let your eyes a rest at least 2-3 minutes. See the distance, exercise your eyes, or just sit with your eyes closed.
- Spend less time at the computer. If your job requires constant use of a computer, you probably do every day looking at the screen for at least 6-7 hours, and sometimes more. Many people are out of work and a lot of time on the computer, so it is not surprising that the eye is very tired, and the vision to 30-40 years is such that without glasses or contact lenses can not do. Try to deal with the computer extremely useful things - work or school, for example, and entertainment (social networks, reading forums, games, and so on) should be done within half an hour a day. This will allow you not only to maintain and improve vision, but also free up time for the really important things.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is essential for the proper functioning of any and all structures and bodies, including - Eyes. If you drink too little water, and any other measures to improve the view will not be effective enough.