Diet for breastfeeding - depending on the individual characteristics
December 12, 2010
- Diet for breastfeeding - depending on the individual characteristics
- Power nursing mothers
Diet nursing women - this is the usual balanced diet in which lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, fish and dairy products (unless you have an allergy to them). Sometimes you can treat yourself to sweets, but comply with the measure. Basically, you can have everything, but no abuse.
In order to produce enough milk to drink enough fluids - that's obvious. However, it is not necessary to abuse liquids. One and a half liters of water a day - the general rule that applies to nursing mothers. If you are still worried, you drink enough, pay attention to the color of your urine. If it is pale - you drink enough. Dark yellow urine with a strong odor indicates that you should drink more. Keep in mind that a lack of fluid in the body is necessary, above all, to compensate for water and other beverages do not.
Diet for breastfeeding does not necessarily have to be calories than your usual diet (pre-pregnancy). However, in strict calorie counting is not necessary. As a rule, breastfeeding women a good appetite, so just eat when you're hungry and do not try to restrain the desire to eat.
Some products that consume a nursing mother, for example, cabbage, onions and cow's milk can cause the baby colic. Some mothers, however, use these products without any consequences for the child. If you think that any food is causing your child discomfort or pain, eliminate these foods from your diet and consult your doctor.
Drinking alcohol while breastfeeding
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
should be limited to one or two glasses of wine or beer a week. Best of all, however, like during pregnancy, to completely abandon alcohol.
Alcohol enters the bloodstream and in the breast milk at different speeds, depending on the weight, amount of alcohol consumed, but also on you ate something before drinking, or not. Blood alcohol content usually reaches the peak 30-45 minutes after its use. One glass of wine or beer removed from the body for one to two hours. To feed the child without any harm to his health may be only three or four hours after drinking alcohol.
In addition to a healthy diet
Healthy eating - do not limit yourself to eating
lactating mothers are advised to take vitamins. It is especially important to get enough vitamin D, A and C can also be very useful fish oil
Fish oil - so whether it is useful to think?
Herbal teas can also be useful, but before using them should consult vracha.Kak should be fed breast-feeding.
Do I need to breastfeed your baby?
Today at the store you can buy infant formula for every taste and every age, so is it worth to keep breastfeeding? Pediatricians give an unequivocal answer: it is necessary, and here's why:
- protein of human milk is more easily absorbed in the intestine is almost no protein degradation products - all contribute to proper growth and development of the child and the formation of the normal intestinal microflora involved in the process of digestion;
- human milk contains antibodies to various diseases, transferred mother and other biologically active substances that protect the baby from infection, so a child who is breastfed is sick less than its rovestniki receiving infant formula
Dairy mixture - selection of useful power
- a child who suckles, more calm, he sleeps better and developed as suckling gives him a sense of security;
- the child, who for years was breastfed, will continue to be less prone to allergic diseases;
- Finally, it is very convenient: no need to sterilize bottles, make a mixture and so on.
So for breastfeeding is worth fighting for. And this will help in proper nutrition nursing mother.
Diet for heart attack - prevention of obesity
March 13, 2011
- Diet for heart attack - prevention of obesity
- Nutritional care in the acute period
Those who had a heart attack, you need to eat in order to prevent repeated attacks. Plans for power, need to adhere to certain recommendations.
- Eat as much calories as you need to maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat healthy fats. Cook with olive oil, often eat fish, nuts and seeds - they contain unsaturated fats, which are much healthier for the heart than saturated fats (they are in red meat, sausages, various baked goods). In general, because fatty foods in the body must be supplied 20-30% of calories consumed. Of these, saturated fat should account for no more than 7%.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 marine fish, walnuts, flax seeds. You can also take nutritional supplements
Food additives - basic classification
omega-3, but they will not replace the fatty acids contained in foods.
- Avoid extremes. Like overeating, and very strict limits in food are harmful to heart health.
- Limit cholesterol to 200 mg per day.
- Follow the consumption of iron. Iron overload in the body contributes to atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis - a chronic disease of the arteries
Which, in turn, can lead to heart attack re
Heart disease and heart attacks: that every woman should know
- Eat more fiber. Its main sources are cereals (especially fiber-rich bran), fruits, vegetables, dried fruits.
- Use less salt. People who have had a heart attack, it is not recommended to consume more than 1,500 mg of salt per day.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and coffee. It is recommended to drink no more than three glasses of wine (or equivalent) per week and no more than two cups of coffee a day.
Sample menu diet myocardial infarction
- Breakfast: One cup of coffee, one cup of oatmeal with sliced fruit, berries, dried fruits and nuts; I have a glass of low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch: one cup of vegetable salad (such as tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions) with olive oil, half a cup of cooked rice, 100 grams of grilled salmon or chicken breast, a piece of dried whole-wheat bread, one glass of orange juice.
- Dinner: half a cup of cooked lentils or beans, one grated carrots with olive oil, half a cup of low-fat cottage cheese with slices of fruit and / or berries.
Between meals you can eat apples, pears, sliced cheese, or yet another jar of yogurt.