How to get rid of acne during pregnancy - What causes acne during pregnancy?
November 4, 2010
- How to get rid of acne during pregnancy
- What causes acne during pregnancy?
What causes acne during pregnancy?
- Elevated levels of hormones: Intensive production of the hormone progesterone in the body causes increased secretion of the sebaceous glands of the skin, which in turn makes the skin oily and leads to acne.
- Changes in the level of fluid in the body: lack of fluid makes hormones increased even more pronounced, causing acne.
Although it is impossible to predict the appearance of acne, the most vulnerable to the appearance of acne during pregnancy, women, and previously suffered from the same problems with the skin. In addition, women are more prone to acne suffering from acne before the onset of menstruation.
How to get rid of acne during pregnancy
Good skin care - the key to maintaining a healthy skin during pregnancy.
- Wash your face twice a day with mild soap.
- Use a mild cleanser to cleanse and moisturize the skin in the morning and before going to bed
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
- If irritation persists, stop using cosmetics, which tightens the skin.
- During pregnancy, choose a mild make-up, because in this period the skin has high sensitivity.
- When acne can not clean the skin using a washcloth or tissue - it can irritate the skin and worsen the symptoms of acne.
- Instead of vigorously wiping face with a towel, pat the skin moist.
- Use moisturizers in the composition of which does not include oil.
- Never squeeze pimples - it can lead to scarring of the skin.
- Use decorative cosmetics water rather than oil-based.
- Thoroughly wash off makeup before bed.
- Use medical cosmetics
Medical cosmetics: beauty from the pharmacy
to deal with acne, dermatologist recommended.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Include in the diet of more fresh fruits and vegetables.
Care during pregnancy
During pregnancy a woman's body undergoes a lot of changes - it's not just weight, hormone levels, eating habits, and skin condition. Only a small proportion of cases the skin during pregnancy remains the same - mostly women suffer from either excessive dryness and irritation of the skin, or, conversely, from excessive oily skin, acne and other skin problems. Choosing the right cosmetics and a healthy diet can help minimize skin problems caused by pregnancy. Care during pregnancy varies depending on the type of skin.
The most common skin problems during pregnancy
- Dry skin
- Changes in skin color
- The most vexing problem with the skin during pregnancy is considered to chloasma - hyperpigmentation of the skin, accompanied by the appearance of yellow pigment spots on the skin. The main causes of this disease are considered to be a change in hormone levels during pregnancy and the effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- Skin pigmentation
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Linea nigra - the appearance on the skin of the abdomen prominent dark vertical line
How to care for skin during pregnancy?
- Drink plenty of water - the liquid helps to remove toxins from the body, making the skin more healthy and beautiful.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Clean the skin with a mild lotion.
- Use a mild soap or soap based on natural oils - this will help avoid irritation.
- Regular use of moisturizers.
- Protect your skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation by using sunscreen or lotion - this will prevent pigmentation due to the finding of direct sunlight.
- Pay particular attention to foot care, since it increases the weight of the negative impact on feet - feet on the skin cracks, and the skin itself becomes dry.
- Massage the abdomen with a soft gel - it will help prevent irritation and the appearance of stretch marks.
- Daily apply on the skin body oil - it will help to avoid excessive dryness of the skin and the appearance of stretch marks.
- Follow a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Caring for oily skin during pregnancy
Caring for oily skin during pregnancy, just follow a few simple but effective rules to prevent the emergence of new problems.
- Do not try to get rid of acne on their own, with the help of the "people" means.
- Do not use cosmetics containing chemicals - exfoliants.
- Do not neglect the sunscreen
Sunscreen is not just for the beach
or lotion, as well as choose nekomedogennuyu cosmetics.
- Twice a day, clean the skin with a mild, not drying the skin lotion.
- Avoid using moisturizing soap - soap is contains special emollients that can clog pores.
- Three times a week, use a scrub to remove dead skin layer.
- Avoid being under direct sunlight and do not forget to apply sunscreen.
- Once a week, clean your face with a mask
Care for dry skin during pregnancy
- Do not use cosmetics containing cortisol or hydrocortisone
Hydrocortisone - a drug that could save the life of the patient
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Twice a day, clean the skin soft lotion for dry skin.
- Use a mild moisturizing cream or lotion.
- Once a week, apply to the skin hydrating mask.
- For very dry skin, apply special oil for the skin every time you take a shower, and later - a moisturizer.
Sciatica in pregnancy: Causes and Treatment - What is Sciatica?
October 24, 2010
- Sciatica in pregnancy: Causes and Treatment
- What is sciatica?
As sciatica associated with pregnancy?
The cause of inflammation may be sciatic nerve in the back pressure or injury that leads to the severest pain. Constant pressure on the sciatic nerve
The sciatic nerve: how to avoid the excruciating pain?
It can lead to leg weakness and other areas of the lower part of the body, numbness and tingling in the extremities.
Sciatica - warn it is too late
not directly related to the pregnancy, often suffer from sciatica namely pregnant women. In most cases, the cause of sciatica during pregnancy, becoming one of the damaged vertebral discs. During pregnancy, women are more susceptible to damage the spine, which cause inflammation in the surrounding tissues or cause direct pressure on the sciatic nerve. In some cases, pelvic pain during pregnancy can be confused with the pain of sciatica.
Symptoms of sciatica during pregnancy
Sciatica is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Tingling sensation in the back, legs, feet.
- Sharp, shooting pain or a burning sensation in the legs, buttocks or lower back.
- Pain in the lower back or pelvic area.
- Numbness of the legs or feet.
Women suffering from sciatica, shooting pain and feel a paralyzing numbness in the lower back and buttocks. Sometimes these feelings appear in the hips. The pain can be so severe that any movement difficult. Keep in mind that during pregnancy sciatica is caused by the position of the fetus inside the uterus, and therefore solve the problem before delivery impossible.
Treatment of sciatica during pregnancy
In most cases the pain associated with sciatica in pregnancy disappear by themselves. Sometimes this condition can last for an extended period - up to six weeks or more.
- Standard therapy helps to alleviate at least some of the symptoms of sciatica. Manual therapy can relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve and reduce the discomfort associated with back pain during pregnancy.
- Any medicines sold in pharmacies without a prescription, should be avoided. During pregnancy, these drugs is even worse than the disease itself.
- In some cases, massage can facilitate the symptoms of inflammation associated with sciatica. Massage helps to relieve muscle tension, reduce pain associated with sciatica.
- Another effective way to reduce the pain of sciatica - therapeutic bath: 135 liters of hot water to dissolve salt 1-2 kilograms. These baths are considered to present a panacea for back pain and rheumatism symptoms
Rheumatic fever - are possible complications of heart
and neuritis. However, such baths can be taken only up to the third month of pregnancy.
- Also help with sciatica maintaining correct posture, proper selection of pillows, non-permanent seat at the computer in an uncomfortable position, yoga, after consultation with a physiotherapist. Different types of activities help to strengthen the muscles of the pelvis, back, abdomen, that not only alleviate the symptoms of sciatica but also, in the future, will help in childbirth.
- Some doctors prescribe a combination of sciatica gentle massage, rest in bed and hot compresses to reduce muscle tension and reduce spasms.
- Pregnant women are recommended to choose flat shoes or small heels, as shoes with high heels causes additional strain the lower back and legs and leads to increased symptoms of sciatica.
Measures to ensure prevention of sciatica during pregnancy does not exist. However, women do not neglect regular exercise
Myths about exercise: do not believe
Is following the diet before pregnancy and during early pregnancy, easier to tolerate sciatica by maintaining the overall tone of the body.