How to discipline a child: recommendations parents - Measures
May 21, 2012
- How to discipline a child: recommendations parents
The following disciplinary techniques can help you to effectively discipline your children:
- Use a welcome distraction to the child forget about the bad behavior.
- To stop the bad behavior of the child, firmly say "no", looking into his eyes.
- Take the child when he misbehaves, especially if there was no reaction on his part to your firm "no."
- Use reception fading reaction to distract yourself from possible adverse effects. While your child is safe, you can step aside and not pay attention to him, that he was no one to show disobedience, especially if your baby is prone to outbursts of anger. Increased attention to a child who misbehaves, can enhance his bad behavior.
- Be consistent, the child has learned to accept the results of their actions. For example, if he throws a toy box, it will not be able to play it.
- Use logical consequences (rewards). For example, if a child does not put the wheel into place, do it in his place, but with the condition that he not be able to ride it to the end of the day. For older children, the penalty for not tucked machine can serve as a week without the right to drive and so on.
- Take a time out - to deprive a child of his time, a positive attitude and attention, he does not listen.
- Depriving a child of privileges - a very effective way to discipline him (especially for older children). Find out what he likes or what brings him pleasure (video games, film rental, walks in the park, talking on the phone) and, in case of disobedience, he is Collect.
Timeout - a very effective method that is applied to children between the ages of eighteen to twenty-four months. After the incident of disobedience can use this technique - so you deprive a child at the time of communication (any parental reaction and cries, and battering). Prepare a chair, which can be located in any part of the house, a place on the floor, children's bed, and so on, in short, any place where the child will be isolated from any communication with anyone. Note the time of the sentence - it usually lasts depending on the age, at the rate of one minute per year of life.
Using the time-out for kids, toddlers, giving them the opportunity to relax and gather strength. In most cases, the baby will not sit on a chair during a timeout, even a couple of minutes, and you should not make him wait until the end of time-out if he has calmed down.
If you want your child to follow instructions, ask him about it hard, but pleasant voice. Give your child about five seconds to think, if there was no reaction, look him straight in the eye and say, "If you do not do what I asked for (a), go to the place of time-out." Give this instruction loud and stern voice, to attract baby's attention, but the important thing is not to get angry and yell.
Then quietly take him to a chair for a timeout, ignoring all his protests and promises, saying, "You stay in the chair as long as I did not let you get up." Now the child must remain in his chair as long as he does not calm down after the application of such penalties. Please note that for older children with challenging behavior, the timeout does not begin until they calm down, even if it may take a few minutes or hours. This condition can not be applied to children who are just learning to walk, or to children of preschool age.
After the end of the timeout older children can agree to perform their task, and in the case of further disobedience they have to go back to the place of the timeout. But this method is not necessary for kids.
If the child leaves the time-out place, bring it back, and warned: "If you get up one more time, then I will take action (deprive you of your favorite class / object, and so on)." If he leaves the place again timeout, put it back, but follow the previous warning. If he continues to leave the place of the timeout, you can send it to another room (at the same time depriving it of all toys, TV, video games and other).
Initially use this disciplinary method need only one or two types of misconduct child.
Remember that this is just one of many options for using time-out. You still have to improve it so that it fit your style of parenting, as well as to change it depending on the temperament of the child. If this method is not suitable for you or your child is not subject to the conditions of reception, and you have to use it more than two times a day, better to look for another type of disciplinary correction.
And always remember that it is better to support and encourage good behavior than to try to get rid of the bad symptoms.
Time-out can also be used outside the home: in a shop, restaurant, and others. If a child misbehaves in a certain situation, for example, at the grocery store, you have to stop before you go to the store and do not by the rules, which awaits your child . To warn him of the consequences of disobedience in the store, if it behaves badly, then you need to apply measures (use the method of time-out).
Changes that occur with the body of a teenager - Excess hair and acne
September 20, 2011
- Changes that occur with the body of a teenage girl
- Excess hair and acne
Body hair on the face
One of the signs that accompany the transition to adulthood
Transitional age - the period of emotional turmoil
- The appearance of unwanted hair. Unpleasant odors and unwanted hair often appear simultaneously. It happens that the girls begin to grow hair on the hands or on the upper lip, and it's really embarrassing.
But this is something you can do. Young girls are recommended such cosmetic procedures like hair removal
Hair removal: perfect skin without hair
Waxing: the easy way to beauty
At this time, there is also the hair under the armpits, on the legs and in the bikini area. There, they can also be removed using the wax, epilator or shaver. But facial hair shave is not necessary - it is for boys.
If too many unwanted hair, irregular periods and acne is severe if there are problems with weight, all of which can be a sign of polycystic ovary syndrome. When these symptoms necessarily as soon as possible you need to see a doctor.
Usually acne is much stronger in boys than girls, because their skin produces more fat, but that does not mean that you can not come this problem. During puberty acne in varying degrees, it is almost all.
As in the case of a bad smell in the occurrence of fault acne bacteria. If the girl has mild to moderate forms of acne, it could independently monitor the state of their skin:
- Twice a day you need to wash with a mild soap or gel designed specifically for the face. But the use of scrubs can irritate the skin and aggravate acne.
- It is necessary to use the OTC to the point of application, which include benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
- Makeup should be used nekomedonnuyu cosmetics. So mark makeup that does not clog pores, that is not conducive to worsening acne.
- It is necessary to use sunscreen. That dry up pimples from the sun - a myth. In fact, it only increases the risk of skin cancer
Skin cancer - a full recovery possible
. There are many creams nekomedonnyh, which will protect from ultraviolet radiation, and will not harm the skin.
When acne is a very strong need to see a doctor. Usually it can be treated with medication. Regular washing and special makeup can not do here.
Talk about it
What you really need is to talk about all the changes that are happening to you. Share your bewilderment, fear, doubt, joy. You may think that talking about the month with my mother no more pleased than to come to school with a huge pimple on your nose, but if you speak, and you will be surprised how well it will understand you.
If you can not or do not want to talk about it with my mother, it does not mean that you are not one to talk. Maybe you will be more comfortable to talk with his beloved teacher, with her aunt or my mother's best friend?
Psychologists advise to think in advance about how you will cope with uncomfortable situations. What if the nice guy from a parallel class will see how you buy pads? What if you find that terribly sweating after physical education classes, and you with no deodorant? Think about it. It is much easier to cope with such situations if they were not a complete surprise for you.
Remember that your friends care about the same issues. Talk to them - maybe they also like someone to give everything, but they do not dare.