- Violation of posture - not just a cosmetic defect
There are three main types of incorrect posture. Kyphosis - curvature of the spine in which the bulge is drawn back, or curvature of the upper spine. Lordosis - curvature of the spine in which the camber turns ahead - the curvature of the lumbar spine, and sometimes cervical spine. Scoliosis - lateral curvature of the spine.
Lordosis is characterized by too much concave lumbar spine. It occurs in patients of all age groups. Lordosis can cause severe discomfort and pain; in some cases it gives flexibility.
Violations that may contribute to the development of lordosis:
- Discitis - inflammation of the intervertebral space;
- Kyphosis - lordosis may develop payment curving top of the spine;
- Obesity - to better maintain balance, obese can greatly deviate back, which has a negative effect on your posture;
- Osteoporosis - a violation, because of which the bones become more brittle and harder to keep the spine to its normal shape;
- Spondylolisthesis - displacement of the vertebrae relative to adjacent vertebrae; violation is especially true for the lumbar spine.
Lordosis not all require special treatment. In most cases, it does not cause particular problems, and the patient can correct it by using the usual exercises to improve posture. If the curvature becomes persistent (fixed), you may need medical attention.
Kyphosis - a generic name of posture, which is characterized by the curvature of the upper spine. Thus, to kyphosis include various types of violations, from subtle stoop to gibbosity.
Kyphosis can occur at any age, but is rare in infants. Its main causes are:
- Degenerative diseases of the spine;
- Fractures caused by osteoporosis
Osteoporosis - he threatens you?
- Some endocrine disorders;
- Connective tissue diseases;
- Infectious diseases;
- Muscular dystrophy;
- Paget's disease;
In the diagnosis of kyphosis than visual inspection can be used:
- X-rays of the spine;
- Pulmonary function tests (used if kyphosis causes breathing problems);
- Magnetic resonance imaging (can be used in cases of suspected tumor, infection, or neurological symptoms).
Mild forms of kyphosis often do not require treatment and are not considered serious violations.
The choice of treatment when kyphosis depends on the type and caused the basic offense. In congenital kyphosis requires corrective surgery at an early age. Scheuermann's disease - a variety of incorrect posture, characterized by a very strong curvature of the spine - are treated with the help of physical therapy and, in some cases, used surgical methods.
If kyphosis induced tumors require aggressive treatment, often with the use of both drugs and surgical techniques.
In the most severe cases of kyphosis can be complications of lung volume reduction, a very strong back pain, paralysis of the legs and spinal deformity.
Unlike the kyphosis and lordosis, scoliosis - a type of incorrect posture, which is always a violation and must be treated.
There are three main types of scoliosis:
- Congenital scoliosis is caused by a violation of the structure of the spine or ribs during prenatal development, or early in life.
- Neuromuscular scoliosis
Scoliosis - when the spine is curved
may be the result of poor muscle control or muscle weakness, and paralysis caused by diseases such as cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida, and polio.
- Idiopathic scoliosis - a term used to describe the cases of scoliosis that developed for unknown reasons. Idiopathic scoliosis - is the most common type of scoliosis in adolescents.
Usually, scoliosis, developed in childhood or adolescence, compounded over time.
For the diagnosis of scoliosis, in addition to regular medical examination, using skoliozometr, x-rays and MRIs.
For the treatment of scoliosis in children
Scoliosis in children - is treatable, but can progress rapidly
and adolescents often use bandages - they slow down the development of the disorder. Surgical treatments are used at bends more than 40 degrees.
Complications of scoliosis are often serious psychological problems, arthritis
Arthritis - a variety of forms and complications
Problems with the respiratory system, as well as infection and injury to the spinal cord and / or nerves as a result of surgery.