- Oily skin: Natural and artificial care
- Folk remedies
- The best anti-aging cosmetics
- Home remedies
- Means for care
- Moistening agent
- How to make money at home
- Tonic at home
- Whitening Mask
- Top care products
- How to stay healthy
Sebum - is an oily substance, which was isolated sebaceous glands of the skin. This substance has a protective function, keeping the skin from moisture loss and excessive dryness, as well as a protective layer against infectious microorganisms.
Seborrhea - is excessive production of sebum. It is important to note that the definition of "excessive" varies depending on the age and sex of the person. Sebum depends on the age, sex and hormonal status.
As the largest oil glands found on the face, scalp and groin, the area may become overly greasy due seborrhea. All sebaceous gland sebum spreading via communications with hair follicles, making the sebaceous glands and hair follicles of the functional units for dosing of sebum on the skin surface.
The anatomical proximity of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles explains why oily scalp and oily hair is usually exposed with seborrhea. Sebum production is largely controlled by hormones, while the male hormones, androgens play a central role in both men and women.
Puberty child - stages of a complex path
male, aged about 13 to 16 years, the level of androgens increases and increases the production of sebum. Sebum production reached its highest level in men aged about 20 years, and then slowly decreases with the aging male. Interestingly, the sebum is higher in healthy women, but significantly decreases after menopause.
The defining symptom and the main complaints related to seborrhea scalp is excessive oiliness of the scalp and hair. Greasy scalp unsightly appearance and overly oily hair unattractive and difficult to style. For men, especially young men, seborrhea is often found in combination. Seborrhea can often cope at home, if you wash your hair with shampoo as often as you need it. Some shampoos are occurring in the free market, are marked "for oily hair." Seborrhea, which can not cope at home, requires a doctor's examination. Treatment may include medications that lower the synthesis of sebum. You may need additional tests if there is a suspicion of hormonal dysfunction.
For the majority of those who have oily scalp and hair, is either hereditary, caused by hormonal imbalances (especially during the menstrual cycle in women), or the result of using too much or incorrectly selected hair care products that simply accumulate over time.
Women with PCOS may also suffer from oily hair and scalp. Other symptoms may be acne, oily skin, or dandruff.
Adolescents are overly greasy hair and oily skin because of sharp fluctuations in hormonal changes in their body. For this reason, the hair can be bold in pregnant women, whose hair is in a normal state of perfect health.
Getting rid of the oily scalp?
Is there a way to treat oily scalp and hair, or a way to deal with this ugly situation? Of course there are.
There are entire line of care products for the hair to contend with this problem. They contain compounds that reduce the amount of sebum, and many even contain antiseptic compounds and substances to relieve itching, frequent oily scalp.
Note the shampoos that do not contain strong detergents such as sodium laureth sulfate.
One might think that the use of more stringent detergent save hair from fat faster, but it is not. They will only dry scalp itching and enhance, but actually will cause generation of even more fat.
If the scalp is oily, but the hair is dry, you can apply a mild hair conditioner, but apply it only on the tips of their hair to the middle, avoiding application to the scalp. Otherwise, the use of the air conditioner is not recommended.
For those who prefer natural remedies and shampoos for the hair, you are aware that there are several options. It is recommended to choose the means for hair containing any of these ingredients:
- Jojoba oil - because it has many of the characteristics inherent in the sebum that the skin produces naturally, this ingredient helps reduce dryness caused by aggressive detergents, replace lost skin fat. The Indians used jojoba oil to treat skin problems and hair.
- Rosemary oil - is a great cleanser that stimulates the scalp and hair roots.
- Tea tree oil - this gentle means, it removes excess fat and helps fight dandruff
Dandruff: where it comes from, and what to do
- Sage - helps get rid of the accumulated excess fat, but also can make the hair shaft thicker.
- Eucalyptus helps to restore the balance of the scalp, regulate sebum production. It soothes and reduces inflammation of the skin.
- Chamomile - strengthens the hair shine and vitality. Chamomile is not recommended for color-treated hair, but only for clarification. If your hair done highlighting, means rich in chamomile may enhance it.
- Lemongrass - can be used as an excellent herbal conditioner for all hair types. For oily hair, he will balance the activity of sebaceous glands in the scalp and reduce the sebum production. However, lemongrass oil, and grass are not recommended for sensitive skin
Sensitive skin: causes and care
head, because they can cause skin irritation.
Some other routine ingredients that help to cope with a fat scalp include aloe
Aloe - its amazing healing properties
Egg white, menthol, sorbitol, kaolin, citric acid and / or lemon, and starch.
After washing and conditioning the hair you can use these tools for hair care. They help to reduce the transmission of sebum from the scalp to the hair that will protect your hair from excess fat, will help them have a healthy shine and easier installation. Hair does not benefit the funds that contain additional humectants glycerin and silicone should not be used as serum or creamy.
Finally, the holders of oily hair and scalp is to simplify your life and make a haircut, easily maintained.