- Polizhinaks - used cautiously
- Mechanism of action
Mechanism of action
Polizhinaks - a combined drug for local use with antibacterial and antifungal activity. Available in the form of vaginal capsules, which contain antibiotics neomycin, polymyxin B and nystatin
Nystatin - help with candidiasis
The antibiotics neomycin and polymyxin B kill pathogens of bacterial origin, they have an impact on many gram-positive and gram-negative (Gram-positive bacteria differ from Gram-negative because they have denser capsule that holds paint Gram) bacteria - staphylococci, enterococci, E. coli, ureaplasma
This insidious ureaplasma - often too late
and other Streptococci and anaerobic bacteria (developing without oxygen) sensitive to these antibiotics.
Antifungal antibiotic nystatin have an effect against fungi, particularly yeast (e.g., Candida).
The excipient is included in the gel composition Polygynax dimethylpolysiloxane - it possesses shielding and antipruritic effect, improves metabolic processes in the mucosa of the vagina, promotes penetration of the active ingredients in Polygynax mucosal folds.
After insertion into the sheath capsules Polygynax penetrate the mucosa of the vagina and cervix, exerting a local therapeutic effect and little being absorbed into the bloodstream.
Indications and contraindications for use Polizhinaks
Indications for use Polizhinaks is the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible to the drug by microorganisms (necessarily have to be a preliminary examination sowing vaginal discharge
Vaginal discharge: normal or disease?
on nutrient media, identifying the causative agent and the determination of its sensitivity to antibiotics):
- bacterial vaginitis (inflammation of the vaginal mucosa);
- fungal vaginitis;
- vaginitis caused by a mixed (bacterial and fungal) microflora;
- vulvovaginitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the female genitals and vagina);
- cervicovaginitis (inflammation of the lining of the vagina and cervix).
Polizhinaks also encouraged to apply for the prevention of gynecological infectious-inflammatory complications:
- before operations in the area of female genital mutilation, including before diathermocoagulation cervix;
- to diagnostic studies of the uterus (eg, before hysteroscopy);
- before birth and abortion;
- before and after installation of an intrauterine device.
Contraindications for use Polizhinaks are individual intolerance of components, chronic renal failure, pregnancy and breast-feeding the child. No cases of overdose have been identified.
Side effects that may occur when using Polizhinaks
With prolonged use Polizhinaks can produce the following side effects:
- may cause irritation of the vaginal mucosa (including allergic) and even contact eczema in Polygynax application site, and elsewhere;
- From the senses: in rare cases may cause hearing impairment;
- From the urinary system: possible toxic effects on the kidneys.
Due to possible side effects, as well as to prevent the formation of resilience to individual pathogens and the risk of recurrence of the infection, timing of application should be limited Polizhinaks
How to apply Polizhinaks
Polizhinaks appoint a doctor, and after the obligatory preliminary sensitivity study of infectious agents to the drug. During treatment Polizhinaks do not use caps and latex condoms and contraceptives that contain substances that suppress the activity of sperm (eg farmateks). The course of treatment during menstruation is not interrupted.
Capsule Polizhinaks injected deep into the vagina at bedtime
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
(one capsule within 6-12 days according to the doctor's prescription).