Inguinal hernia in women: can not be prevented, but can be cured - Why is there
June 25th, 2014
- Inguinal hernia in women: it can not be prevented, but can be cured
- Why is there
What causes an inguinal hernia?
- The appearance of a hernia in the groin spread due to natural anatomical muscle weakness groin.
- With vertical position the load on the lower abdomen increases, which causes an extra burden on the weakest fabric and, in turn, leads to the formation of an inguinal hernia.
Types of hernias
- Inguinal hernia: The main cause of this disease becomes a weakness of the muscles in the groin area. More often, an inguinal hernia suffer from men than women. In men, an inguinal hernia
Inguinal hernia - dangerous or not?
It develops in the inguinal canal - the area where the spermatic cord and testicular blood vessels pass into the scrotum. In women, inguinal hernia developed in areas where the connective tissue connects the uterus with the tissues surrounding the vaginal opening.
- Femoral hernia: a type of abdominal hernia, in which the hernial sac is formed in the upper thigh. This type of hernia is most common among women and is often associated with inguinal hernia, as the hernia protrusion formed near the groin.
Types of inguinal hernia
: It affects both men and women. The intestine forms a loop in the inside of the groin, bringing appears conspicuous overhang. As a rule, direct hernia occurs in adulthood.
- The most common cause of direct inguinal hernia - hard physical work.
- Hernial sac is formed in the middle of the inguinal ligament.
- The standard treatment is considered to be the direct inguinal hernia surgery. In some cases, direct inguinal hernia may recur even after treatment and to require reoperation.
- If the direct inguinal hernia
Direct inguinal hernia - can only be purchased
does not cause further complications, doctors can not recommend surgery.
: Only occurs in men and passes through the inguinal canal (a part of the spermatic cord in males).
- This type of hernia is determined by the penetration into the scrotum.
- Oblique inguinal hernia can be congenital.
- The standard treatment oblique inguinal hernia
Oblique inguinal hernia - can be congenital and acquired
surgery is considered. If the disease is congenital, surgery is performed after the child reaches the age of 2 years.
: Femoral hernia - a rare disease that occurs primarily in women. Femoral hernia is formed under the groin as a result of pregnancy and childbirth. Some internal organs protrude beyond the abdominal wall due to the weakness of the muscles, forming a projection of the upper thigh. Femoral hernia is easily treatable.
Inguinal hernia is quite common among:
- Little children
- Pregnant women
- People suffering from obesity
- Adults in the later stages of life
Scientists still can not pinpoint the exact cause of an inguinal hernia. The development of the disease can affect the following factors:
- Lifting weights
- Damage to the groin
- Birth defect
- Cystic fibrosis
- Chronic constipation
- Bloating certain area
- Education protrusion in the groin, marked with the heavy lifting and emptying the bowel or bladder
Urinary bladder - structure and function
- In some cases - the feeling of fullness or heaviness in the lower abdomen.
- In some cases - discomfort or pain in the upright position or lifting weights.
- The protrusion formed in the inguinal hernia, noticeable when upright and practically invisible when the horizontal.
In some, particularly serious cases, an inguinal hernia disease may be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Heart palpitations
Fully prevent the appearance of an inguinal hernia is not possible, however, to reduce the risk of the disease can, observing some precautions:
- Avoid heavy lifting
- Maintain optimal weight
- Do not neglect physical exercise
- Warm up muscles before playing sports
- Prevent constipation, including the diet of the necessary amount of fiber
- Give up smoking
Preparations from yeast: how to overcome common problem? - Overview
June 2nd, 2011
- Preparations from yeast: how to overcome common problem?
Thrush or vaginal candidiasis, called yeast fungi genus Candida. According to statistics, thrush suffers every third woman in the world. Ways to get rid of yeast is enough and they differ not only in their effectiveness, but also the price. Currently, there are a wide range of products from yeast. Extensive advertising, dispensing in pharmacies without a prescription and accessible information provoke women to self-medicate, that not only does not eliminate the disease, but also aggravates its course. For the nomination and election preparations from yeast should deal only with the doctor.
All antifungal agents fall into the system (taken orally) - tablets and capsules, and preparations for topical (suppositories, ointments, and cream). There are four groups of antifungal (antifungal) preparations:
- polyene number of drugs (Nystatin, levorin, natamycin, amphotericin B);
- drugs imidazolovogo series (ketoconazole, clotrimazole, miconazole, bifonazole);
- drugs triazole series (fluconazole, itraconazole);
- Other (griseofulvin, nitrofungin, iodine).
The active ingredient is natamycin pimafutsin. It destroys the cell wall of fungi, thereby causing their death. Means low toxicity does not irritate the skin and mucous membranes, and most important, it may be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding
Breast-feeding: feed - and no nails!
. Pimafutsin produced in the form of suppositories, vaginal tablets and cream. The dosage regimen pimafutsin: 1 vaginal tablet (0, 025 c.) Twice a day for 10 days. In cases of recurrent candidiasis (repeated) additionally appointed enteric-soluble tablets pimafutsin at 0, 1 four times a day.
Fluconazole (Diflucan, Flucostat) - is one of the low-emission and energy efficient antifungal antibiotics. Fluconazole has no effect on hormone metabolism and do not alter the contents of steroids in the blood of women and testosterone in men, which reduces the risk of side effects such as gynecomastia
Gynecomastia - known since ancient times
, Impotence, hypokalemia. The drug is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation. Fluconazole rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. 150 mg creates blood concentration required for therapeutic effect for three to four days. In the case of chronic candidiasis Fluconazole administered once a week at a dose of 150 mg during 28 days.
The active component of the current Livarola is ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is effective not only in respect of mushrooms, but also inhibits the growth of staphylococci and streptococci. Furthermore, the suppository includes Livarola treatment agent that cleans the vaginal mucous secretions and reduces edema. The package contains five candles, which must be inserted into the vagina for one day. If necessary, treatment is extended to ten days.
Gyno-Pevaril refers to the imidazole antifungal drugs. Active ingredient - econazole, which inhibits protein synthesis and cell multiplication mildew. High efficiency due to the rapid dissolution of the drug Gyno-Pevarila at body temperature, a uniform distribution of the drug on the walls of the vagina, restoring the natural lipid metabolism of the mucous barrier and retaining its activity for three to five days after a single administration. Gyno-Pevaril used 150 mg over three days. For complete warranty is recommended to repeat the course in a week.
Until recently, the most effective treatment for genital candidiasis is considered antifungals such as nystatin
Nystatin - help with candidiasis
and levorin. Treatment of prolonged, with severe side effects and are ineffective. Drugs, which include Nystatin - Polizhinaks and Terzhinan - also not recommended to fight thrush. These funds are in addition to nystatin also contain antibacterial agents and broad-spectrum, and their use can disrupt the normal vaginal flora
The microflora of the vagina: purity
and cause the development of bacterial vaginosis.