Food for the brain, not only delicious, but also useful products
August 12, 2010
Products that are used for human consumption, have a great influence on the mood, energy levels and even brain activity. It has long been proven that certain foods stimulates brain activity - not only improves memory and prevents aging of the brain. Some products can rightly be called "food for the brain" - they improve brain activity and ensure the health of the brain. Among them - hazelnuts, salmon, ginger
Ginger and the most unexpected, but pleasant useful properties
Sage - cvyaschennaya grass
Products to improve brain activity
- The meat of wild salmon - an invaluable source of useful elements to the health of not only the brain, but also the whole organism. The salmon meat contains natural fatty acids - such as omega-3, necessary to maintain the activity of the brain. Additionally, salmon meat has a low content of saturated fats and harmful contaminants. Useful elements contained in the meat of salmon, reduce the risk of degenerative diseases of the brain, improve the functioning of blood vessels.
- Cocoa beans in pure form is very useful for the brain, unlike chocolate, which is saturated with sugar and actually contains very low levels of cocoa beans. The cocoa content dark chocolate is much more, though, and does not go to any comparison with pure cocoa powder. Cocoa contains antioxidants that neutralize free radicals that damage healthy cells and tissues. Due to the content of theobromine of cocoa improves mood, makes you feel better.
- Soy milk with no artificial sweeteners - a source of protein that enhances brain health. In addition, cinnamon stimulates brain activity.
- Green tea useful as a beverage or a powder. Millstones milled green tea leaves are converted to powder, some kind of concentrated food additive with the most useful, as opposed to a beverage properties. Green tea - an invaluable source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, has calming effect, reduces stress, protects against disease and aging.
Benefits and harms of blueberries: the health of the forest
rich in antioxidants and contain all of the most useful elements for brain health. In addition, blueberries improves eyesight and contains omega-3, has a healing effect on the body.
- Coffee - a source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids, which lowers the rate of development and prevent the emergence of a number of diseases, including Alzheimer's disease and senility gradually slowing brain activity. As in the case of other products, coffee is most useful in the purest form - without sugar, cream or artificial sweeteners. To achieve the beneficial effect of coffee should eat regularly for a long period of time - this helps prevent memory disorders and brain activity in old age.
In addition, to improve the health of the brain helps the egg yolks, asparagus, red wine in small quantities, various herbs - such as rosemary - and tomatoes. Tofu contains antioxidants that protect cells from the damaging effects of free radicals and improves memory.
- Ideal healthy and also delicious drink to enhance brain activity - a mixture of cocoa beans, soy milk and a pinch of ginger.
- Useful beverage can be prepared from soy milk, low-fat, raspberry, banana
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
and four tablespoons of orange juice concentrate.
- Apricots, apples, pears and dates contain iron, which helps to saturate the brain necessary for the maintenance of active oxygen. Another tasty and healthy snacks - dried cherries and raisins, roasted unsalted peanuts.
- Do not neglect the porridge for breakfast, as a variety of cereals contain essential for the health of the organism useful carbohydrates. Tasty and healthy "snack" - oatmeal with nuts, raisins, yogurt and apple slices.
- Most healthy breakfast - cheese, low-fat, vegetable omelette, orange juice, sandwiches with peanut butter and boiled eggs.
- A truly healthy salad can be prepared from spinach, broccoli, red onion, a small amount of ground hazelnuts, cheese, olive oil.
- A delicious and healthy drink that stimulates brain activity - a mixture of blueberries, blueberry yogurt, half a banana and ground ice.
What is the diet?
May 8, 2011
Under the regime of power is understood some rules for the use of food that must be followed in order not to have problems with health and excess weight. It is a kind of guarantee of effective and smooth operation of the digestive system, as well as physical and mental activity. For overweight or irregular food intake did not bring good health.
There is no universal diet for all people, in every case, it must be selected individually. It is clear that the ordinary working man and an adult, for example, an athlete-athlete will eat differently, as they differ significantly physical and mental stress. Most people are content with three or four meals a day with a four- or five-hour intervals. The best diet doctors still consider this when food is taken four times a day. And with the popular adage "breakfast eat yourself, share dinner with a friend, a dinner give to the enemy," they disagree.
As is right
It has long been known that the food during its reception should be thoroughly chewed. Otherwise it is not sufficiently handled with saliva and creates an unnecessary burden on the stomach, resulting in poor digestion and absorption of food. When hasty eating slowly comes a feeling of satiety, and the habit of overeating.
Proper meal should not last more than an hour. Usually right after receiving abundant and high-calorie food makes itself felt drowsiness, reduced working capacity. And if there is a need for a snack at work, need to be borne in mind that the consumption of food does not exceed 35% of the caloric and weight of the daily diet, do not include indigestible food like fatty meat, beans and other similar products.
The dinner menu should not contain foods that slow the secretory and motor functions of the digestive organs and cause flatulence, bloating
Flatulence - when you need to worry about?
and nocturnal gastric secretion. These can be any fried foods, foods rich in fat, crude fiber, extractives, sodium chloride. Time for a last meal it is advisable to choose no later than one and a half to two hours before bedtime
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
. He should be 5-10% of the daily caloric diet and include products such as milk, dairy drinks, fruit juices, baked goods.
What threatens the absence of diet
Most people consciously or involuntarily neglect diet - eating cold food, eating it in very small, then large quantities inexcusable. All of this contributes to digestive diseases, especially gastritis. Habit fill gorge at night increases the possibility of myocardial infarction
Myocardial infarction - the most formidable diagnosis
, Acute pancreatitis
Acute pancreatitis - is easier to prevent than to treat
, Exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease and other serious diseases.
It is important to eat at the same time, since all human organs, including the digestive, focused on rhythmic work. Scientists came to the conclusion that in the waking state, a person usually experiences bouts of hunger at 5-6 o'clock in the morning, then 11-12 and 16-17 hours of the day, 20-21 o'clock in the evening, and those who do not go to bed late even in the 24-1 o'clock. And if you need to refresh strongly makes itself felt, we should not ignore it. There is a need when I want to, but do not get carried away too much process. But we must remember that the meals at different times of the body strongly knock "off track", as he has repeatedly adjust and adapt to erratic power supply.
People working the night shift, it is recommended after work bite to eat what some light meals. After sleeping can be quite a hearty dinner, and before going back home to work - for dinner so that this meal had 40-45% of calories. At night, at work, too, is not forbidden there, but a little. But you can drink a glass of tea, coffee or cocoa with something sweet - this will help hold in tone until the morning.