The protein cocktail - all the obvious advantages - Slimming
December 14, 2014
- The protein cocktail - all the obvious advantages
It is effective if a protein shake for weight loss?
Traditionally, protein shakes are used to speed up muscle growth and weight gain, in general. However, in 2007 a report was published about the study, the results of which said that the consumption of foods containing large amounts of protein - such as protein cocktails - helps to reduce levels of the hormone ghrelin, which is sometimes called the hunger hormone. This in turn leads to the suppression of appetite. After that, the protein shakes began advertising as a means to lose weight. Pretty soon they were out of the product which are used mainly bodybuilders and other regulars gyms, have become part of the diet of many women who visit the gym no more than three or four times a week, and do not seek to gain prominent, raised muscle.
Experts suggest that convenience - one of the main reasons why protein shakes quickly became popular among the masses. According to their observations, these cocktails are increasingly drinking women who realize the importance of a healthy diet
Healthy eating - do not limit yourself to eating
But who often do not have the time to prepare a full lunch and dinner, or even eat in restaurants. To prepare and drink a protein shake, you need only a few minutes, so it saves a lot of time.
However, the mere use of these cocktails is no guarantee slim and toned figure. So they gave the intended effect - that is, lead to an increase in muscle tissue, which will replace the fat tissue and makes the body more slim and fit, need regular weight training: without them, the muscles will not grow no matter how much protein a person may consume. On the other hand, to lose weight, you need every day to burn more calories than you consume. And here is a protein shake can be very useful: it has a lot of protein and is low in calories, he quickly satisfies hunger and satiety after it may persist for several hours.
Recipe protein cocktail
The basic recipe is simple protein cocktail - a certain amount of protein powder (usually one or two scoops, but the dose can vary from vendor to vendor) to be mixed with a glass of water or juice. Such instructions are usually printed on the labels of cans of protein supplements. However, in the cooking process can be applied imagination and make a delicious and nutritious drink than a simple mixture of the protein powder with water. Moreover, it is possible to prepare a protein-carbohydrate drink, adding to drink fruit, berries or other foods rich in carbohydrates.
Here are a few cocktail recipes - based on them you can come up with their recipes, removing or adding certain ingredients. Prepare all cocktails alike - mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth, and then, if desired, decorate with berries, sliced fruit, chocolate chips, and so on.
- Cocktail with milk and a banana. Two scoops of protein powder (preferably - with chocolate flavor), a glass of milk, a ripe banana.
- Cocktail with milk and peanut butter. Two tablespoons protein powder with chocolate flavor, one tablespoon of peanut butter, one cup of milk and four ice cubes.
- Apricot and strawberry smoothie. One fresh apricot (cut it in half and remove the seeds), one-third cup of pineapple slices
Pineapple: caloric and other features of sweet fruit
One scoop of protein powder, a banana
Bananas: the benefits and harms health
, A handful of strawberries, half a cup of milk.
- Cocktail with strawberries and blueberries
Benefits and harms of blueberries: the health of the forest
. Handful of strawberries, blueberries as well, one or two scoops of protein powder, half a cup of milk and half a cup of plain yogurt.
- Cocktails with coffee flavor. One or two scoops of protein powder with chocolate flavor, one cup of milk, one teaspoon of instant coffee, five ice cubes.
L-carnitine - gives you energy - Application
February 8, 2014
- L-carnitine - gives the body energy
Use of L-carnitine
The main sources of levocarnitine are red meat (especially a lot of the substance in the lamb) and dairy products. It is also found in fish, poultry, asparagus, wheat, peanut oil and avocado.
In addition to L-carnitine in the various preparations can include levocarnitine following forms:
- Acetyl-L-carnitine - is often used as an adjunct in the treatment of patients with Alzheimer's disease and other disorders that affect brain function;
- Propionyl L-carnitine-it considered particularly useful for various heart disease and peripheral vascular disease.
Avoid additives with D-carnitine - they adversely affect the activity of the natural L-carnitine, and often cause side effects.
Usually L-carnitine is taken orally, but sometimes by a physician, it may be administered intravenously.
How to take L-carnitine
- Babies. Do not allow children to L-carnitine, if the drug is not recommended by the doctor. L-carnitine is administered to young children, in cases when they have a shortage of levocarnitine, which can be established only after the examination.
- Adults. The recommended dose of L-carnitine for adults dependent on existing diseases and general health. Most patients taking 1-3 g of the drug per day.
Since L-carnitine can cause side effects and interact with other drugs, it is recommended to take only under medical supervision. People with the following violations sure to consult a doctor before they start taking L-carnitine:
- High blood pressure;
- Peripheral vascular disease;
- Cirrhosis of the liver, caused by alcohol abuse;
- Kidney disease;
- Epileptic seizures in history.
Side effects of L-carnitine usually are mild. The high dose (5 grams per day) may cause diarrhea. Also, the side effects of L-carnitine may be too strong appetite, skin rash, unusual body odor, but these side effects occur very rarely.
- AZT - a drug that belongs to the group of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, and is used in the treatment of HIV-infected patients. In one laboratory experiment, it was observed that L-carnitine protects muscle tissue from the adverse effects caused by the toxicity of zidovudine. However, it is unclear whether having L-carnitine is the effect on all patients.
- Doxorubicin. Receiving L-carnitine can protect the heart muscle cells from the potentially harmful effects of doxorubicin - a chemotherapeutic agent which is used for the treatment of cancer
Cancer Treatment - difficult, but necessary
. However, he does not reduce the effectiveness of chemotherapy
Chemotherapy - it always falls the hair?
. Patients who undergo chemotherapy before taking L-carnitine you should consult with your doctor.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) - this potent medication that is used in the treatment of severe acne can lead to abnormal liver function, increased level of cholesterol in the blood, muscle pain and weakness. These symptoms are similar to those that occur when levocarnitine deficiency. In one study, receiving L-carnitine facilitates the side effects of isotretinoin significantly better than placebo
Placebo - an effective tool for self-hypnosis
- Thyroid hormone. L-carnitine can block the activity of the thyroid hormone and, in theory, reduce the effectiveness of substitution treatment, which is prescribed for patients with reduced levels of thyroid hormone
Thyroid hormones: mechanism of action and physiological effects
- Valproic acid - antiepileptic drug, which can reduce the level of levocarnitine blood. Receiving L-carnitine may prevent the shortage of this material, as well as ease the side effects of valproic acid. However, this drug may increase the likelihood of new attacks of epilepsy in patients who previously had attacks.