Cortexin - User: help for the brain
October 2, 2011
Cortexin - a drug derived from the bark of the brain in cattle. He has a positive effect on metabolic and vascular processes in the brain, reduces seizure and protects the brain from the toxic effects of free radicals.
The mechanism of action cortexin
Cortexin - a nootropic drug, which produces domestic pharmaceutical company LLC "Geropharm." Group neuroprotective drugs has an activating effect on the brain, stimulates memory, learning ability, any mental activity and improves communication between the cerebral cortex and subcortical structures.
Korteksin produced as a lyophilized (dried special soft drying process, which allows to obtain dried tissues without loss of structural integrity and the biological activity) of the extract powder from the cerebral cortex of cattle and swine. The powder is used for injection in ampoules or vials.
The composition and action cortexin
The composition cortexin includes biologically active neuropeptides containing twenty amino acids, and blood brain barrier penetration (from the blood into the brain and spinal cord). The drug has a variety of effects on the central nervous system.
- Nootropic action cortexin appears that improves cognitive functioning of the brain, memory (including short-term), the ability to focus on a certain process, resistance to stress and rapid recovery after. Thus korteksin does not exert excessive influence of activating the brain, and thus is a safe drug.
- Neuroprotective effect - is to protect the brain cells from various toxic substances both internal (e.g., free radicals) and external (e.g., various psychotropic substances) origin.
- Antioxidant action - preventing certain unwanted organism for redox reactions, and thereby reduce the number of free radicals which have a negative effect on nerve cells. This improves the survival of nerve cells in the conditions of oxygen deficiency.
- Tissue-specific action - activates metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
in neurons of the brain, regenerative processes, improves the activity of the cerebral cortex and its general tone.
Cortexin action mechanism is to improve the metabolic processes in the nerve cells and intercellular spaces. This leads to the correct ratio of excitatory and inhibitory amino acids and neurotransmitters (substances with which passed jitters - dopamine, serotonin). As a result, reduced the level of sudden seizure activity in the brain, improving its bioelectric activity, inhibited the formation of free radicals and their toxic effects on brain cells.
As drawn, it enters the brain tissue and excreted korteksin not be set, since it consists of a plurality of biologically active substances which continuously woven into metabolism, which makes it impossible to follow the process as a whole.
Indications and contraindications to the use cortexin
Cortexin used in the treatment of the following diseases and conditions of the central and peripheral nervous systems:
- cerebrovascular disorders of various origins - it allows the brain to cope with stress in a lack of oxygen;
- traumatic brain injury and its consequences - activates metabolic processes in the nerve cells that lead to the restoration of brain functions;
- encephalopathies (different origin non-inflammatory processes in the brain), including the perinatal lesions of the nervous system (arising immediately before birth, during delivery or after childbirth) and cerebral palsy - improves metabolic processes in the cells of the brain, which leads to positive dynamics disease;
- disorders of memory, thinking and learning ability - improved ability to perceive new material, memory and other higher functions of the cerebral cortex;
- acute and chronic encephalitis and encephalomyelitis - improves metabolism
Metabolism: The basis of life of all living things
in nerve cells that helps fight inflammation and restore brain function after an illness;
- a delay of mental development in children, and speech;
- seizures of any origin, including epilepsy
Epilepsy - a sacred disease
- Improving the relation between the processes of excitation and inhibition in the brain;
- the weakness of the state after a serious illness or with chronic diseases and intoxications (asthenia) - activates all processes in the brain, which leads to the overall revitalization of the body;
- vascular dystonia - the normalization of relations between the processes of excitation and inhibition in the brain leads to the normalization of the blood vessels, which are innervated by the autonomic nervous system.
Cortexin contraindicated in pregnancy, breast-
Breastfeeding - a personal choice
feeding (clinical trials with this group of patients is not carried out), and when you are hypersensitive to the drug.
Cavinton - instruction: improving brain blood circulation
June 22, 2011
Cavinton - a drug that improves cerebral blood flow and metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
in brain cells. It is the most widely used in a variety of diseases, including the consequences of traumas of the central nervous system, as well as violations of hearing and balance.
The mechanism of action Cavinton
Cavinton (INN - vinpocetine) - a drug to improve cerebral blood flow, which is produced Hungarian pharmaceutical company Gedeon Richter in the tablets and solution for injection. Produced drug devinkana of alkaloid, which is contained in the periwinkle plant, is traditionally used in folk medicine in some countries as a means of improving cerebral circulation. Derived from periwinkle cavinton improves cerebral blood circulation and tolerability of brain cells lack of oxygen, as has vasodilator, neuroprotective, anti-hypoxic and antiplatelet effect.
Cavinton vasodilator effect is manifested in the fact that it directly affects the smooth muscles of the walls of cerebral blood vessels by relaxing its
. As a result, it dilates blood vessels in the brain generally, other blood vessels to receipt Cavintonum hardly react
. This increases blood flow to the brain is
. Since the blood cells of the central nervous system receives nutrients and oxygen, improving metabolism and, accordingly, all functions of the brain
. Especially important is the improvement of the blood supply to parts of the brain that receives less oxygen due to constriction of blood vessels
. At the same time strengthening the blood supply in the affected areas of the brain is not combined with the increased blood flow in the healthy neighboring areas, which allows for targeted improvement of blood circulation in that particular area, which is most in need
Improving cerebral blood flow, and hence the speed of blood circulation leads to the fact that reduces the tendency of blood to clot formation. As is known, begins with the formation of blood clots bonding process (aggregation) of platelets, antiplatelet effect Cavinton prevents blood clots, and hence ischemic (resulting from poor vascular permeability and lack of oxygen) strokes. Under the influence of red blood cells faster Cavinton give oxygen tissues, which also is the prevention of ischemia.
The neuroprotective effect Cavinton
It is also important neuroprotective effect Cavinton - it reduces neuronal damage caused by various factors, but also enhances the protective effect on these cells amino adenosine. Cavinton improves metabolism in the cells of the brain, facilitates the transfer of oxygen and glucose
Glucose: The energy source
(energy source) to the nerve cells, improves tolerance to lack of oxygen brain cells. Furthermore, Cavintonum improves exchange neurotransmitter (substance by nerve impulses which has been transmitted), for example, norepinephrine and serotonin in the brain tissue.
If ingestion cavinton rapidly absorbed into the blood is transferred to the tissues of the brain, and then excreted in the urine and feces, without adversely affecting the liver and kidneys.
Indications and contraindications for the appointment Cavinton
- in acute and chronic disorders of cerebral circulation against the background of atherosclerosis, a spasm of cerebral arteries, the consequences of injuries and illnesses;
- for mental and neurological disorders in patients with cerebral ischemia - impaired memory, dizziness, headache, speech, coordination, motor disorders;
- climacteric syndrome with severe headaches and dizziness;
- in diseases of the view associated with atherosclerosis and spasm of blood vessels;
- while the exchange of eye diseases, including the choroid, retina, or macula;
- glaucoma (a disease that is accompanied by an increase in intraocular pressure) arising from injury or disease;
- when hearing loss of vascular, toxic, age and other origin.
Cavinton Application by injection is contraindicated:
- in acute hemorrhagic stroke - it can increase bleeding in the injured cerebral vessels;
- with severe coronary heart disease - a sharp rush of blood to the plaque-clogged coronary vessels can break its integrity;
- in severe cardiac arrhythmias - the patient's condition may deteriorate.
Admission Cavinton contraindicated:
- during pregnancy - it can cause a sharp blood flow to the placenta and bleeding;
- in feeding the baby
Breastfeeding - a personal choice
FEEDING - medication passes into breast milk;
- if you are hypersensitive to the drug;
- cavinton forte is not appointed under the age of eighteen years.
Side effects that may occur while taking Cavinton
In applying Cavinton may occur following side effects:
- the part of the circulatory system: a small temporary drop in blood pressure, heart rhythm disturbances; when administered intravenously possible inflammation of the walls of the veins (phlebitis);
- the central nervous system: sleep disorders
Dreams: how to understand our dreams
, Dizziness, headache, weakness;
- from the gastrointestinal tract: dry mouth, nausea, heartburn;
- Skin and allergic reactions: skin rash, excessive sweating.
Cavinton - quality medicines for the treatment of cerebral circulatory disorders of various origins.