Citoflavin - a drug that improves the metabolism of the brain cells and protects them from the harmful effects, primarily on the toxic effects of free radicals. Applying at various brain diseases associated with metabolic disorders in the brain tissue.
The mechanism of action cytoflavin
Citoflavin - a combination drug that belongs to a group of drugs that enhance metabolism
Improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting
in brain tissue. Available cytoflavin domestic pharmaceutical company Polysan in tablets and as a solution in vials for intravenous administration.
Each tablet contains:
- succinic acid - 300 mg;
- inosine (Riboxinum) - 50 mg;
- Nicotinamide - 25 mg;
- riboflavin mononucleotide - 5 mg.
The 1 ml solution for intravenous infusion contains:
- succinic acid - 100 mg;
- inosine (Riboxinum) - 20 mg;
- Nicotinamide - 10 mg;
- riboflavin mononucleotide - 2 mg.
The mechanism of action cytoflavin depends on the action of its constituent components. It activates the formation of energy from glucose
Glucose: The energy source
Required cell protein and other biochemical processes that make up the metabolism of brain cells (neurons) in these processes improves oxygen uptake.
Due to its antioxidant properties (it activates enzymes that destroy free radicals) cytoflavin protects neurons from the toxic effects of free radicals, preventing them from collapse.
Citoflavin positive effect on the bioelectric activity of neurons, reduces reflexes disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system, helps to restore the nervous and mental functions of the brain, emotional and volitional disorders (reduces anxiety and depression), reduces the severity of symptoms of various syndromes developing in brain lesions.
Citoflavin improves cerebral and coronary circulation. When administered intravenously, it contributes to the restoration of impaired consciousness, including the anesthesia. Moreover, when administered intravenously within the first 12 hours after ischemic stroke it is able to reduce the area of lesion of neurons and contribute to more rapid recovery of brain functions.
Indications and contraindications
Citoflavin tablets used in the complex treatment of patients with chronic cerebrovascular stage I-II (with cerebral arteriosclerosis, non-inflammatory lesions of the brain or encephalopathy against high blood pressure, effects of stroke), asthenic syndrome
Asthenic syndrome - the state of constant fatigue
Which appears rapid fatigue and decreased performance.
Cytoflavin intravenously administered as a part of complex treatment of acute stroke (ischemic stroke), encephalopathy, developed on the background of chronic cerebrovascular accident, acute and chronic poisoning by toxic substances, as well as disturbance of consciousness after anesthesia.
In addition, it is used in children (including premature) as part of an integrated treatment of cerebrovascular events in the neonatal period.
Contraindications for use cytoflavin is the idiosyncrasy of the drug. Intravenous injection is contraindicated in women who breastfeed.
With caution, and only on the testimony cytoflavin appointed during pregnancy. Tablets cytoflavin prescribed with caution in patients with erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, and intravenous - for kidney stones, gout, chronic renal failure.
In applying cytoflavin, the following side effects:
- from the gastrointestinal tract when administered intravenously may cause nausea and stomach pain;
- from respiratory intravenous administration may appear transient pain and discomfort in the chest, shortness of breath, tingling in the nasopharynx;
- the central nervous system when ingested can be short-term headache, and when administered intravenously - headache or dizziness;
- In addition, there may be allergic reactions, disturbance of sense of smell (dysosmia), pale skin;
- With rapid intravenous may appear pronounced redness of the skin, feeling the heat, taste disturbances and dry mouth, sore throat; But all these phenomena are, and do not require discontinuation cytoflavin; Chronic administration of high doses may cause a transient decrease in blood sugar
Blood sugar - a very important indicator
, Renal dysfunction, acute gout.
Citoflavin help many patients overcome the effects of cerebral circulation.