11 Ways to Avoid Back Pain
July 16, 2012
If you suddenly contorted with pain in the back, you know you're not alone. Four out of five people at least occasionally suffer from back pain
Back pain: Do not start the process
It is the fifth most common reason for visits to doctors.
Back pain has many forms - from the constant nagging pain to acute and sudden, and it has many causes. This can be tensile, fracture or some other injuries. Pain may be the result of disease, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia: how to live a balanced life
, Spinal canal stenosis. Many people have back pain occurs as a result of excess weight and sedentary lifestyle.
The good news is that back pain usually goes away in a few days or weeks, surgery is rarely necessary. In addition, the simple steps that you can take yourself very effective in preventing back pain.
- Exercise. If the back already hurts, you may feel that it is better not to load it and relax. A day or two of rest may benefit, but further limitation of activity can only increase the pain. Experts say that physical activity reduces inflammation and muscle spasms. Do not forget to start and finish the workout stretching exercises
Stretching exercises - Be careful
- Watch your weight. Excess weight, especially in the waist area may increase back pain by moving the center of gravity and increase the load on the lower back. Try to keep the weight does not deviate from the ideal more than 5 kg.
- If you smoke - drop. Nicotine harms circulation, in particular, supply the necessary nutrients spine so smokers probable backaches.
- Sleep in the correct position. If you are back pain, consult your doctor - in what position to sleep better. Some people recommend sleeping on your side with your knees tucked. Do you prefer to sleep on their backs? Put a pillow under your knees, and the other - under the waist. Sleeping on your stomach is particularly harmful to the back. But if otherwise not get to sleep, puts a pillow under your hips. In addition to the provisions of the body it is very important to the quality of the mattress. It must be tough. If you have a soft mattress, you can put a board under it.
- Follow posture
Posture - a few helpful tips for those who want to walk straight
. Best seat - something that has support for the back and waist. Try to sit so that your knees are slightly higher than your hips. You can use a footrest. If you have to stand for long, hold your head high, and the stomach retracted. If possible, place one foot on a support - and my legs every 15 minutes.
- Be careful with the heavy lifting. Do not bend to pick up the object. Instead, bend your knees and squat down, tighten your abdominal muscles, hold the object close to your body, stand up. Do not twist the body when picking up something. If you need to move a heavy object, it is better to push, not pull.
- Do not wear high heels. They shift the center of gravity and provide an unnecessary burden on the lower back. The ideal heel height - 2-3 cm. If you need to wear shoes with high heels, grab a pair of removable low-heeled shoes and a change of notation, as soon as you feel discomfort.
- Do not wear too tight pants. Clothing, which prevents bend, sit or even walk, your posture can worsen and lead to back pain.
- Do not carry a heavy purse in his pocket. It can cause discomfort and pain in the back. If you have to sit for a long time, for example, at the wheel, pull the wallet from his pocket.
- Choose the right bag or briefcase. The bag should be wide, adjusts the strap long enough to wear it over your shoulder. It is best to "bag the postman", which is designed to carry. If you wear a bag over her shoulder, her weight is distributed better and gives less stress on your back. If you have to carry a heavy bag without a belt, often change hands to evenly back strain. To reduce the load of the bag regularly remove unnecessary things.
- Forget orthopedic corsets. There are various types of orthopedic products that support the back. They are useful when certain types of operations, but there is no evidence that they help with chronic back pain. Instead of giving your muscles to move freely, you can only increase the pain.
Chest pain: look for the cause
November 14, 2010
- Chest pain: look for the cause
Chest pain may have various causes. Because some of them are such dangerous conditions such as heart attack, contained in the article information should be used for reference only and not for self. If chest pain occurs frequently and becomes very strong, always consult your doctor.
Chest pain may indicate heart problems if:
- The trigger pain is physical activity; after resting pain weakens.
- The pain is accompanied by a feeling of pressure, heaviness and tightness in the chest.
- You have other symptoms, such as shortness of breath, nausea, sweating, or pain that starts in the chest, is given in the arm.
- Do you have risk factors for heart disease.
- Common causes of chest pain
- In most cases, the chest pain is not caused by serious violations of the heart. Much more often it causes are:
- Heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux disease (gastric juice flowing from the stomach into the esophagus)
- Increased anxiety
Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease?
- Muscle tension
If chest pain becomes stronger when you go, you probably have heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease. To cope with this disorder may be by means of changes in lifestyle and, if necessary, drugs.
If chest pain accompanied by increased sensitivity of the breast skin, this can be caused, for example, inflammation of the chest wall. Usually, symptoms disappear after a few weeks, but it is recommended to get tested to rule out more serious diseases.
Increased anxiety, chronic stress
How to beat stress? Create an oasis
Frequent and severe emotional distress can cause chest pain, shortness of breath and palpitations and heart. Many patients tend to ignore the symptoms caused by such factors; in fact, without professional assistance cumulative stress over time can lead to more serious problems. If chest pain
Chest pain is one symptom - a lot of diseases
You caused by psychological factors, you should consult a psychologist.
If chest pain begins during training, but takes a few minutes after you stop watching and it's probably angina. Pain or tightness may spread from the chest to the arm, neck and back.
The cause of angina is a restriction of blood flow to the heart. One or more of the three arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle are narrowed, the heart does not receive enough oxygen and the person feels pain.
If these symptoms persist for 15-20 minutes or more, you may have a heart attack. At the same time, together with the pain may feel as if the chest weighs very heavy object.
Angina pain goes away quickly and is relatively soft. When the pain of a heart attack is very strong; it can start even when the person is at rest. If you suspect that the chest pain you or another person is a symptom of a heart attack
Symptoms of heart attack in women - do not miss time
, Contact a doctor immediately. Your suspicions can not be justified, but the ambulance staff will prefer to come and find out what the problem is not too serious, you arrive too late.
Pleurisy - an inflammation of the bilayer membrane that surrounds the lungs. Acute chest pain is one of the symptoms of this disorder. Typically, the pain decreases when shallow breathing. As long as doctor does not diagnose or prescribe treatment can alleviate the symptoms by means of non-prescription painkillers.
This infection caused by herpes viruses is one of the causes extensive skin rash and sometimes chest pain. Ask your doctor to recommend a suitable anesthetic to the treatment of zoster.
Mastitis is characterized by inflammation of the breast tissue, which may be accompanied by chest pain. The disease occurs in lactating mothers and usually passes quickly.